• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Great Rares Fest! WHat was your favorite Moment

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great job everyone and let me say Thank You Everyone for all of the hours and Hard work that was put in to make this a success!

I thought we could start a fun discussion thread on what your Favorite moment of the fest was.

Let them rip! :thumbup1:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
My favorite moment was when I realized I was in no way relevant... I was fun to watch it all be put together though.

I had intended to mingle and visit... It looked like an all star, red carpet event to me. It was...

Other events kept me from really soaking the whole thing in. Funny how things come from out of no where and take your life over for a while.

I did enjoy how it all came together though. I watched for the whole week as this was being built. My hat is off to the folks organizing this and successfully pulling it off.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Even though it was annoying at times I am 2 for 2 on chessy raresfests for conjurer's garbs from the harbingers that were spawned. I got one on the last one i know that was spawned last year here and i got one on the last day of raresfest here even though it was not the last one spawned.

G

Gunga_Din

hmmmmm.

(1) Beating Yible and Jakob's ass in the horse race.

(2) Fred vs Bob : Killed about 10 people (5 kills right after they were rezzed)

(3) Dropping Harbingers :)

IGaretjaxI

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meeting everyone and hopefully building on relationships in the rares community

Thanks for a great time and week.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Wow I thought there would be More posts than this. Come on guys!!

I loved to sit at the table above in the tavern and sip on a nice beverage hand made by the Bartender. That was an awesome role play event I thought was lots of fun

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loosing the final bid on the Deputy Detective Sash because I wasn't following the rules for last minute bidding.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep awesome fest! thanks to the hosters and everyone that was involved in this 2011 january rares fest! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

There was alot of people since the very first day, very well done!

F

Fraggles

i enjoyed the whole fest! i think there was more high end rares at this fest then any i have attented in the past..lots of friendly people to chat with and i enjoyed the horse race! But....there was something i was alittle disapointed with and that was Garth not putting on another play!! that play he put on at one of the last rares fest have always been one of my favorite moments. i understand he did not have much time in the planning with this fest but you owe us a play!!!
Awesome Job To Everyone involved!

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I was not able to spend a considerable amount of time at Raresfest this time as I wanted to. With a new semester underway, and chuck full of BS math, I've been a busy person. Then I had to go nab a friend 4 hours away since he just graduated from his University and bring him back to hometown over the weekend.

So, I really enjoyed seeing the mass numbers at Raresfest. So many that I had to take screenshots. It was just ginormous. After depleting my funds I even attempted to sell the clothes off my back, though not knowing current competitive prices for such things, I never sold a single one.

I missed out on a rare I had been searching for, for a long time however. It would seem like a disliked situation, but I couldn't help but laugh later. I found an Orcish Engineer Toolkit, but didn't have enough to buy it. So I did something that I never do. I sold an item in my museum to buy it. So I had more than one hand of cards and figured it would be an easy sell, since the only other hand for sale was outrageously priced at somewhere around 70mill. So I sold mine for half that price, and after about 15min. (the time it took to get them sold) I came back to the vendor and it was gone. Poof, it went bye bye. Of course I was royally pissed, but that anger faded away when I found another Season 1 item for sale. The Tattered Ancient Mummy Wrapping. So I snatched it up.

My museum also had an influx of somewhere around 300 unique visits, and several instances of a dozen or so people there at once.

Was quite a time, and I was really pleased to see several items for sale that I haven't seen in years.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I was there quite a few times but I kept missing the events :(

L

lupushor

Loosing the final bid on the Deputy Detective Sash because I wasn't following the rules for last minute bidding.
I am in a position from which I really, really cannot comment on that, but anyway, my other favourite moment of this fest was when Lord Nabin decided to do a good deed and sold me for a very good price a 2story statue. This was the item I was yearning for 9 years already so when I finally got it in my backpack I was incredibly happy. Will never forget, even took a pic of this moment.
The Fest was absolutely awesome, best event i've been to so far. Praises to all people that helped. You guys left me pennyless but the fun was well worth it :)

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hate to know what your worst moment was then. I am sorry but we did try our best. That being said I would say that my favorite moment was just being part of something that most of you really enjoyed.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite moment(s) of the rare festival was getting a vendor, purchasing from the auction and placing items in the auction.....all without you knowing it was me!

Also, I love what some of you have to say about me. Gives me the upmost satisfaction.

I say, good day!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
You can give yourself a pat on the back if you like but we were not looking for you. We did not even care if you came to the festival and received a vendor. To be honest you were brought up once when we first announced the festival and never mentioned again until just now. I am glade that you enjoyed the festival.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
My favorite moment(s) of the rare festival was getting a vendor, purchasing from the auction and placing items in the auction.....all without you knowing it was me!

Also, I love what some of you have to say about me. Gives me the upmost satisfaction.

I say, good day!
This was completely expected by pretty much everyone and I consider it a non event. Classic it was your highlight.

Thats All I will say about this. :mf_prop:

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can give yourself a pat on the back if you like but we were not looking for you. We did not even care if you came to the festival and received a vendor. To be honest you were brought up once when we first announced the festival and never mentioned again until just now. I am glade that you enjoyed the festival.
You didn't care? If you did not care...then why was I denied a vendor when I first requested as my normal alias? That seems awfully hypocritical.

I always enjoy these festivals. Many of these festivals have been rather, shall I say, profitable.

This was completely expected by pretty much everyone and I consider it a non event. Classic it was your highlight.

Thats All I will say about this. :mf_prop:
Some "key" members of the "rare community" make it a large effort to cause a course of concern regarding any of my business. There are always loopholes...as many people already know from prior experiences. Things aren't always as safe as they appear to be.

Of course it was a highlight, because I know a lot of you, quite well.....and the funny thing is....you don't know who I am.

Although, I think some of the past rare festivals have been much more prolific in terms of being classic. Trying to think of which one I enjoy the most....

Glad you'll have nothing else to say after this.

G

Gunga_Din

Best thing to do with this guy, is just ignore his posts and comments. Guy has zero life and looks for attention from UO. Remember his rares sale? When I stepped up to broker. Well he didn't have those rares and couldn't scam anyone because he didn't count on anyone stepping up to broker deals.

Look how he has to tell himself he infiltrated the festival, lol, oh no !!

Its very simple ***** DO NOT REPLY TO HIS COMMENTS OR HIS POSTS ****** He will go away. Even if he infiltrates your post, just pretend its a blank space and move on.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Thanks Gunga you are right. So moving on to more important things.

My favorite part was Fred Vs Bob. I had allot of fun doing that even though I had to run three clients at the same time to do it. hehe

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didn't get to the events, wish I had, but I did get, at reasonable prices, two statues which I did not have

just wish I'd had enough for a Trifle, too :)

that little neighborhood is a delight, thanks for hosting this!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only stopped by to pick up some coffee, but I saw some very nice items. I recently got married in rl and so been quite busy. Hope to be able to attend the next one!

As far as ignoring people... most people aren't aware of this, but there is an "ignore" feature that allows you to add people to it. It can clean up threads nicely of certain clutter!

User CP > Edit Ignore List > Copy/Paste their UserID in.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I liked Chatting with the tons of people there and setting up a tiny house just west to rest my weary bones after staying up late into the evening to do my tradeing. :)

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We get it. You are a bad guy. Nothing is beyond you. You do anything for a profit. And if you can wave it in someone's face that is a bonus.

You steal. That is admitted. You also steal trust.

I know for certain many deal with you as an equal... they know you. They take care.

For any that do not know of this fellow. Ask around. I myself will never trust this fellow. Not in game...

I am not calling this player a cheater. I will never say he "hacks".

Odds are we will never have to deal with one another in game. That is a good thing.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
OK now back to our thread.........

So I started a tradition at the Rares fest this time called "Pay it Forward" I am interested in seeing if it did in fact pick up..

So Were you paid forward in anyway? If so by who and Who did you pay forward to keep the ball moving?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That is a lovely dissemination of my post. Not a tactic I see often. I have seen it though. *chuckles*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, it seems I just had my favorite moment, Lord Nabin

logged into Chessy to meet with a buddy that had something there needing transport back to Legends... strolled over to Lineman's museum, got admonished by the statue out front not to proceed, went in anyway.. took a chance that the man in blue was the owner and said hello and his reply was to hand me a treasure

had me quite speechless for a moment, as I had not read this thread since this morning.... thank you, Lineman, very much

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
OK now back to our thread.........

So I started a tradition at the Rares fest this time called "Pay it Forward" I am interested in seeing if it did in fact pick up..

So Were you paid forward in anyway? If so by who and Who did you pay forward to keep the ball moving?
*bows* Lord Nabin... I am sure I can never repay you. I will try. This is sort of relevant... There was Siege deal in the works when I should have been focused on the Rare fest.

Lord Nabin did indeed "pay it forward".

In return... I will make certain a house on Siege is available to any that wish it.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thanks Kelmo not one of the stories I had in mind but for sure a great example of "paying it forward"....

Ok Rares Festers Lets here some of those "This is what happend for me and here is how I Paid it forward" Stories.

I know they are out there I saw a few of them.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First I'd like to say that i had a wonderful time at the Festival. Just can't believe how much work so many people put into this week long Event;)

So Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

I too managed to pay a little forward..... Didn't think of it that way at the time, just felt like the right thing to do.

I had many favorite moments this past week. Helping an old friend obtain something he wanted (and being handsomely rewarded for it). Meeting many very nice people, then buying from and selling to some of those people. Winning in the raffle! First time I've ever won a raffle, in UO or RL. I obtained several rare items. I brought 560 mil with me, sold between 500-600 in items and just made it home to Napa with 40 mil gold. That was a successful rares Fest!

I think I've made some new friends and now have a new (very expensive) hobby, Collecting Rares. So time to get to work and sock away some more gold for the next Festival LoL.

S

shulginist

Hopefully people pay it forward on a daily basis as well not just at rares fest. A little can go a long way sometimes.