Great Lakes Rare's Fest Updated

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Vesper & Minoc
Great Lakes Bid Revised:
So as NOT to Hijack Baja's proposal post I reworked the dates based on my discussion with Altheas. I'd like to get a lock on dates (barring natural disaster, the end of UO or whatever other out of our control event that might alter it). I myself am NOT a rare's collector... I'm auction house staff but I do realize that transfer fees, bankrolling such a pixel addiction and gathering enough super nice pixel candy takes time. Majestic Oaks Auction has a long and I like to think honored spot in the UO realm. January to May is a few months space of time, above all we want this event to be secure & memorable.

IF consensus is that you'd ALL rather see this event moved to maybe June (though this one would end 5 days short of June 1st) We'd be happy to move it back to say June 4th through the 10th. ( I want to avoid ending on Father's day, family for many would conflict)

May 21st through May 27th 2012

Rare’s fest Great Lakes Proposal:

Host: Majestic Oaks Auction House
Dates: May 21st to May 27th (with pre event for the May 19 & May 20 travel days)
Vendor house: Majestic Oaks Auction Castle on Artic Isle (Owner is Pratt)
Majestic Oaks Pub on Artic Isle behind the castle (if needed, Owner is Melian)
Auction house: Majestic Oaks Auction at the Buc’s Den Portal, Vesper End
Auction Dates: Thursday May 24th, Saturday May 26th and Sunday May 27th
Majestic Oaks Auction House staff: GM: Pratt, Managers: DJ Scorp, Emerald Ice, Melian,
Co-owners: Pratt, DJ, Emmy*, Melian*, Princess Melody*, Logan*, Ethereal, Illyana Strange*, Grigory (these are the only folks who have access to items submitted for sale, but this list can be reduced at will by Pratt)
Other members and support staff: Just a Girl, Lola, Elektra, FlapJack, Chelle (is training as auctioneer at this writing, not yet co-owner)
Guild Roster: the vast majority of other members in guild are alts to one or more of the active members, Nemo and a few others are legacy founders of the guild and rarely log in. * Indicate staff who worked the last GL rare’s fest at Majestic Oaks.
MOA staff will be in uniforms with guild tags on display, items can only be accepted AT THE AUCTION HOUSE and in the PIT

Itinerary:
May 19th and 20th (Saturday & Sunday) It is anticipated that off shard travelers will be using this weekend to pack and travel to Great Lakes, to set up vendors, get a lay of the land etc.

Saturday May 19th (Noon to 4 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor house & Auction House
(6 pm. CST to 10 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor house & Auction House
Sunday May 20th (Noon CST to around 4 pm.) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor House & Auction House
(6 p.m. CST to 10 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor House & Auction House
Sunday May 20th 8 pm. CST will be a brief mini event at the castle to welcome those to the shard who are there and distribute runebooks. There will be a teleporter link between the Castle and the Auction house for the convenience of sellers and shoppers.
Our EM’s have offered to establish a temporary gate for the course of the event; at this writing I am uncertain where best to locate this gate.
Also the Majestic Oaks Banner will transport between Luna Banner Park (out the south gate) and the auction house.
To set up vendors, accept submissions for auction, two times are slotted to allow for alternate time zones. I know a few folks at the last one were England etc. My icq and email address will be available to arrange appointments.
Vendors will all be rent free! Please pay attention to the setup, renewal 1 week rentals. We are at first going to limit to 1 vendor per seller and then work from there. No price limits for items as fees for sale come out of your pocket. Vendors may contact me via stratics forum, MOA's site, email or icq.

Monday, May 21st: “Night at the Museum” event Guided tour of Great Lakes Museums, sites, vendor houses

Tuesday, May 22nd: EM event night (Tuesday is typically UO Fiction event night)

Wednesday, May 23rd: (Great Lakes Role players)

Thursday, May 24th: Majestic Oaks Auction, 8 p.m. CST start time (Trivia & Mystery Chest)

Friday, May 25th: Fishing Council of Britannia Net Toss (working on setting up)

Saturday, May 26th: Rare’s Fest Auction, 8 p.m. CST start time, payouts from sales, (Trivia)

Sunday, May 27th: Rare’s Fest Auction, 1 p.m. CST start time, payouts from sales, (Trivia)

Monday, Memorial Day, May 28th: Wrap up payouts from auction and Tuesday May 29th

Icq Melian @ 294-317-507

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 23, 2009
Great Lakes
Great Lakes Bid Revised:
So as NOT to Hijack Baja's proposal post I reworked the dates based on my discussion with Altheas. I'd like to get a lock on dates (barring natural disaster, the end of UO or whatever other out of our control event that might alter it). I myself am NOT a rare's collector... I'm auction house staff but I do realize that transfer fees, bankrolling such a pixel addiction and gathering enough super nice pixel candy takes time. Majestic Oaks Auction has a long and I like to think honored spot in the UO realm. January to May is a few months space of time, above all we want this event to be secure & memorable.

IF consensus is that you'd ALL rather see this event moved to maybe June (though this one would end 5 days short of June 1st) We'd be happy to move it back to say June 4th through the 10th. ( I want to avoid ending on Father's day, family for many would conflict)

May 21st through May 27th 2012

Rare’s fest Great Lakes Proposal:

Host: Majestic Oaks Auction House
Dates: May 21st to May 27th (with pre event for the May 19 & May 20 travel days)
Vendor house: Majestic Oaks Auction Castle on Artic Isle (Owner is Pratt)
Majestic Oaks Pub on Artic Isle behind the castle (if needed, Owner is Melian)
Auction house: Majestic Oaks Auction at the Buc’s Den Portal, Vesper End
Auction Dates: Thursday May 24th, Saturday May 26th and Sunday May 27th
Majestic Oaks Auction House staff: GM: Pratt, Managers: DJ Scorp, Emerald Ice, Melian,
Co-owners: Pratt, DJ, Emmy*, Melian*, Princess Melody*, Logan*, Ethereal, Illyana Strange*, Grigory (these are the only folks who have access to items submitted for sale, but this list can be reduced at will by Pratt)
Other members and support staff: Just a Girl, Lola, Elektra, FlapJack, Chelle (is training as auctioneer at this writing, not yet co-owner)
Guild Roster: the vast majority of other members in guild are alts to one or more of the active members, Nemo and a few others are legacy founders of the guild and rarely log in. * Indicate staff who worked the last GL rare’s fest at Majestic Oaks.
MOA staff will be in uniforms with guild tags on display, items can only be accepted AT THE AUCTION HOUSE and in the PIT

Itinerary:
May 19th and 20th (Saturday & Sunday) It is anticipated that off shard travelers will be using this weekend to pack and travel to Great Lakes, to set up vendors, get a lay of the land etc.

Saturday May 19th (Noon to 4 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor house & Auction House
(6 pm. CST to 10 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor house & Auction House
Sunday May 20th (Noon CST to around 4 pm.) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor House & Auction House
(6 p.m. CST to 10 pm. CST) Volunteer Staff at the Vendor House & Auction House
Sunday May 20th 8 pm. CST will be a brief mini event at the castle to welcome those to the shard who are there and distribute runebooks. There will be a teleporter link between the Castle and the Auction house for the convenience of sellers and shoppers.
Our EM’s have offered to establish a temporary gate for the course of the event; at this writing I am uncertain where best to locate this gate.
Also the Majestic Oaks Banner will transport between Luna Banner Park (out the south gate) and the auction house.
To set up vendors, accept submissions for auction, two times are slotted to allow for alternate time zones. I know a few folks at the last one were England etc. My icq and email address will be available to arrange appointments.
Vendors will all be rent free! Please pay attention to the setup, renewal 1 week rentals. We are at first going to limit to 1 vendor per seller and then work from there. No price limits for items as fees for sale come out of your pocket. Vendors may contact me via stratics forum, MOA's site, email or icq.

Monday, May 21st: “Night at the Museum” event Guided tour of Great Lakes Museums, sites, vendor houses

Tuesday, May 22nd: EM event night (Tuesday is typically UO Fiction event night)

Wednesday, May 23rd: (Great Lakes Role players)

Thursday, May 24th: Majestic Oaks Auction, 8 p.m. CST start time (Trivia & Mystery Chest)

Friday, May 25th: Fishing Council of Britannia Net Toss (working on setting up)

Saturday, May 26th: Rare’s Fest Auction, 8 p.m. CST start time, payouts from sales, (Trivia)

Sunday, May 27th: Rare’s Fest Auction, 1 p.m. CST start time, payouts from sales, (Trivia)

Monday, Memorial Day, May 28th: Wrap up payouts from auction and Tuesday May 29th

Icq Melian @ 294-317-507
sounds good if you need some help let me know

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Vesper & Minoc
Any thoughts or feedback June 18, 2012 to June 24, 2012 is that better than May for Great Lakes?