• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Great Lakes: How's your PVP?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all, my connection has improved slightly so I'm looking to transfer a character from Europa to an East Coast shard specifically for PVP - deciding between Great Lakes and Chesapeake at the moment, but open to suggestions. Can anyone give me a rundown of the current guilds/scene, and also the peak times/locations for PVP? Thanks :love:

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play on this shard, but I did create a char just to check out the action, and from what I saw it was one large non-faction guild vs a larger non-faction guild. Watched the smaller guild pop a Harry in deceit and it looked like they had quite a few necro hybrid chars in wraith form, and when the larger guild raided it looked like revenge of the stone people. Seemed like a third of their people were mystics in stone form. I guess if you like large non-faction battles, you might just create a char on this shard and watch the action. Usually the announce in gen chat where they are at.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP on this server is very boring.

No matter where you fight it turns into a grinder. People throw tons of fields, go into protection and stone form, and cast hail storm.

This goes for dungeons, or open field in the middle of yew, their guildhouse, or a random place like trinsic swamps.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play on this shard, but I did create a char just to check out the action, and from what I saw it was one large non-faction guild vs a larger non-faction guild. Watched the smaller guild pop a Harry in deceit and it looked like they had quite a few necro hybrid chars in wraith form, and when the larger guild raided it looked like revenge of the stone people. Seemed like a third of their people were mystics in stone form. I guess if you like large non-faction battles, you might just create a char on this shard and watch the action. Usually the announce in gen chat where they are at.
LOL yes one guild has their entire guild (or at least 3/4 of them) run stone form protection mystic gargs.

The vast majority of the fighting is grinder fighting and not field fighting, but for the most part I enjoy it. Mainly because they are large scale (at least large compaired to today's numbers) fights.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Better than most shards, which are either dead or consist of trash fighting stealth nox dexers in bestial suits.

pvp is mostly during the evenings here eastern time, and as mentioned it is typically larger fights between 2 guilds, although a few smaller groups have popped up here and there. Most fighting takes place in dungeons, although there has been some idoc fighting in open areas. It all depends on what kind of fighting you want, i like any type of pvp, grinder, field, gate fighting, so its all fine with me.