• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grass tile on goza and a waterfall ... ?

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all!
I am in the proces of decoration my castleo.0
Havent done much decorating in the time Ive played UO, so these questions might be a bit "noobish" :coco:

I am trying to make a waterfall with a path next to it so I can walk from the ground up to the first floor.
Ive used gozas to create the path, but I would really like to hide them, so thought I would cover them with a grass tile. But either it drops below the goza when I re-log, or else I have to move it up one time, but then the goza becomes visible below:eek:
- Any way to either hide the goza completely or a way to make a path/stair without using gozas?

I also would like to hear if anyone got some inspiration for making a good looking waterfall :D a guide, pictures, tips etc.

Any help is much appreciated - and please ask if you dont understand my questions, then I will try and explain them better or post some pictures :gee:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to walk on the grass tiles without any gozas underneath unless they've changed this - it's how I did two of my houses where I made additional floors. Only problem I ran into is with placing tall objects underneath the grass tiles caused the grass tiles to drop to the ground, but doesn't sound like this will be an issue for you.

You can check the thread on this forum "Gozas and grass tiles...oh my!" for a more detailed account of my observations.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should be able to walk on the grass tiles without any gozas underneath unless they've changed this - it's how I did two of my houses where I made additional floors. Only problem I ran into is with placing tall objects underneath the grass tiles caused the grass tiles to drop to the ground, but doesn't sound like this will be an issue for you.

You can check the thread on this forum "Gozas and grass tiles...oh my!" for a more detailed account of my observations.
Cant get it to work. I can place the grass tiles and still walk on them yes, but when I use them as a path/stair I fall in between them when walking - if that makes any sence.... :S
So far this is the look Ive gotten with the gozas and grass on top :

Still working on the waterfall and water. Cant quite get the look I want. But as a noob decorator Im a little bit satisfied with the work so far.

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found my grass tiles and did a very basic test - placed eleven grass tiles each spaced 2 spots higher than the previous. I can walk top to bottom without falling through. I'm noticing you have other items mixed in with the grass tiles (pavers, etc). Any chance your path works if you remove the other items on or underneath them?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The blue gozas would look more like water without the borders. That would be my first suggestion. as far as the rest of hte waterfall - good work!