• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Graphics problems in both CC and EC

Callador44

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
to begin with i am using a Radeon HD6450 video card, and have been since Febuary. it worked fine until recently. The problem i am having is hard to discribe. I get a break in the screen that makes the picture look wavey and causes Lag while walking or runnin. the line looks like a vissable server line (but it isn't actualy a server line). It runs from top to bottem and shifts the pixels on the right side as the character moves across the screen. it is clearest if i am in my house. I switched to an older vid card and the problem went away. Ok, so you that it is a bad card, but wait. Today i bought a new Radeon with 2gb memory and the problem returned. I can reduce it to almost nothing if i lower the reselution to the largest setting i can get but then the screen is vertualy unplayable. I think i have tried every trick in the book so i am asking if maybe some of you might have an idea or two that might work. I am using windows xp. Also my wife plays on a different computer, using the same internet connection and has no problems so we have eliminated that as the cause of lag.

Callador44

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
to begin with i am using a Radeon HD6450 video card, and have been since Febuary. it worked fine until recently. The problem i am having is hard to discribe. I get a break in the screen that makes the picture look wavey and causes Lag while walking or runnin. the line looks like a vissable server line (but it isn't actualy a server line). It runs from top to bottem and shifts the pixels on the right side as the character moves across the screen. it is clearest if i am in my house. I switched to an older vid card and the problem went away. Ok, so you that it is a bad card, but wait. Today i bought a new Radeon with 2gb memory and the problem returned. I can reduce it to almost nothing if i lower the reselution to the largest setting i can get but then the screen is vertualy unplayable. I think i have tried every trick in the book so i am asking if maybe some of you might have an idea or two that might work. I am using windows xp. Also my wife plays on a different computer, using the same internet connection and has no problems so we have eliminated that as the cause of lag.
After digging around in the Device manager i found a conflict on the video contoler, the computer counldn't find the driver for an AMD audio device. it let it search for and install the driver and now the game is working as it was before.