• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goza Mat MultiTile Deeded item placement broken?

• Thread starter katherinepgoh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
K

Kereth

I was toying with the idea of reopening my second account. I think i'll put those plans on hold for the time being until we at least get the multitile deeded item placement fixed.
A large reason for thinking of reopening was to have another house again but i really really don't want one if i can't decorate properly :sad3:

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is gamebreaking to me.

A home is what makes UO, this change has to be a bug.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and some nice folks on Origin asking decorators for specifics on what to test :) I pointed them to this thread, but it wouldn't hurt to put your thoughts in over there, also

thank you to the people on Origin for your help!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heritage rugs on top of goza mats.

Ladders on goza mats.

Goza mat (target self) while in mid air after walking 3 steps up a castle ladder.

Try breaking some addons with gozas: water troughs, forges, etc.

Place tapestries on gozas, behind add ons like anvils and forges etc.

Use gozas to stack other add ons like an anvil on top of a forge (Place goza and raise 12 times, place forge under, place anvil over)

I'm sure there's a million other iterations. I'm assuming that if we can break add ons still it will work across the board. But origin testers can also try out breaking pentagrams so as to retain their soft, chewy center, etc.

Matraes

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just allow me to deco the way I was before and I'll be happy.

In addition to what Sarsmi said above....

ladders on top of heritage rugs
All deeded tables and items on top of heritage rugs
Being able to move deeded stuff and center it properly on a goza again.
Being able to make stone kitchens, long tables, and various other designs using goza mats again.

Put it back put it back put it back *pulls out hair*
I'm sorry. I'm suffering deco withdrawls.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They said a fix has been published to Origin. Has it been published to the remaining shards yet?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it doesn't take much to confuse me, but wow, am I confused about publishes and patches and clients and what-not......

Client Patch
Chrissay Zeeman
08 Oct 2009 11:05:13
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Classic Client Version [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4.0.1.1 [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Enhanced Client Version 7.0.1.1 [/FONT]

• When over head chat is turned off, regular speech from a GM was not displaying over the GM’s head.
  • New non template gargoyles will not see a selection to start in Britain even through they were starting in TerMur.
  • Fixed an issue with the Classic client using the EquipLastWeapon when switching from a conventional weapon to a throwing weapon
  • SOS gump had textual errors in the co-ordinate text

problem is, when I open my classic client it tells me that my latest version is 7.0.1.1 and that it is on patch 80...... huh? are client versions switched in the above notice? and the thing that happened the other day is called a publish, 61.1.....

*sigh* none of it matches up

~ edit ~ just checked my enhanced client, and up there is, indeed, reversed..... enhanced on build 4.0.1.1....... still don't know how 'patch 80' translates to 'publish 61'

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it doesn't take much to confuse me, but wow, am I confused about publishes and patches and clients and what-not......

Client Patch
Chrissay Zeeman
08 Oct 2009 11:05:13
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Classic Client Version [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4.0.1.1 [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Enhanced Client Version 7.0.1.1 [/FONT]

• When over head chat is turned off, regular speech from a GM was not displaying over the GM’s head.
  • New non template gargoyles will not see a selection to start in Britain even through they were starting in TerMur.
  • Fixed an issue with the Classic client using the EquipLastWeapon when switching from a conventional weapon to a throwing weapon
  • SOS gump had textual errors in the co-ordinate text

problem is, when I open my classic client it tells me that my latest version is 7.0.1.1 and that it is on patch 80...... huh? are client versions switched in the above notice? and the thing that happened the other day is called a publish, 61.1.....

*sigh* none of it matches up

~ edit ~ just checked my enhanced client, and up there is, indeed, reversed..... enhanced on build 4.0.1.1....... still don't know how 'patch 80' translates to 'publish 61'
There are software versions (the clients) and then came code versions (the stuff on the servers that interact with the clients) The clients were updated on the 8th to the versions listed above and the 61.1 published update was/is for the server code. It is all a bit confusing and you are correct they do seem to have reversed the client versions in the post. As to patch 80 I assume they assign names to their patches that are typically small and address specific issues with an update where as an update is a bit larger and may include fixes and additions (new content).

At least this is how I understand it and how it works with most software development.

S

Sanlek

Seems like Gozas are working again on Pacific. Thank you! :D:bowdown:

Halloween090001.jpg

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ya, I was able to place deeded items on top of deeded items today. So it was definitely fixed. Although I did discover that if you have a parot on a perch, you can't place anything directly over it on the floor above. I bug reported that, but it did manage to waste me an awful lot of clicks before I figured out what was going on... :)