• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goza Mat MultiTile Deeded item placement broken?

• Thread starter katherinepgoh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
K

katherinepgoh

I can't seem to place multitile deeded items on goza's anymore. Is this widespread?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Appears to be as well as placing deeded items in the same square... I can no longer place a rug under my loom etc.

Y

yorky

oh no... gah I hope not, I'm actually redesigning my home right now and I'm running into all sorts of problems while in customisation.

-flowers outside the house foundations keep randomly appearing and disappearing
-the transparent blue floor layer disappears and reappears over the top of floor tiles preventing you from deleting them
-while in customisation, the game freezes and stops responding (just did this now, had to shut game down via task manager)

EDIT: Just tried the goza mats now.. and it seems like you cant do it anymore, i sincerely hope this is an oversight and not a 'fix' because if it is this must be one of the meanest slap in the faces of every creative interior designer in the game tbh, for uo's entire history players have been coming up with creative methods of decorating their homes, this would be an outright miserable thing to prevent players from doing.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i cant place a large forge at all in my castle... on or off a goza

i think multi tiles r broken :(

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can place a pentagram... just cant place on top of a goza. Man this breaks alot of my ideas.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldnt even put an item on the floor above a multi tile. The floor above that works. I was redoing a house and this is really irritating me. *sigh*

Good thing I didnt take down any of the outside ladders at the castle. I'd be very peeved.

C

Crystal Canyon

I took up a soul forge then it took me over an hour to get it back up. Had to deolete all my black goza floor to do it even it then...so now they wont place over gozas.

Then i noticed that you can no longer lap tapesties on the wall and they will not place if you have gozas down on the floor.

Wow...decorating will have some big changes it looks like...and not for the better! LOL

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't just gozas... you can't place a tapestry against the wall behind a forge or behind a loom... you can't place a rug where it overlaps another deed like a forge.

You were able to do it before the publish. I know because I just had put a rug under my loom pre-publish and went to try and change it out to see how another color rug looked and it no longer worked.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***Prays that this is an unintendedbug and that they will fix it***
This would be such a bummer for house deco. I have faith in the dev team that this is unintended though. There would be no reason to screw over the players that use these for deco tools.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:shots: :shots: :shots: :shots: :shots: :shots::shots: :shots:

There is not enough liquor in the world to make me feel better!

I'm sure it's a bug, I don't think the devs would want to put in anything that would make me want to leap off the roof of my keep clutching an int dec tool to my breast and sobbing "WHY? WHYYY???"

I have faith it will get fixed! How cruel would it be to introduce borderless goza mats and carpet tiles, then a month later destroy goza add on usability and hurt multi tile add on placement?*

*VERY CRUEL! is the answer. :sad3:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my Sarsmi I thought you wouldn't take this well but don't jump! I feel the same way.... only instead of jumping w/my deco tool... I'd like to cramb it in my computer and throw them both out the window.... while shouting (and gesturing) obscene things. :cursing: No alcohol involved though... cause I really do want to keep from destroying my pc. :rant2:

A

Anfalas

From the publish 61 patch notes:

"•Players can no longer build gargoyle dressers on gargoyle couches"

I'm willing to bet they took the easy route in executing that change and didnt take into consideration the more legitimate instances of placing more than one addon on the same tile :thumbdown:

I guess all we can do for now is try to convince them that keeping some oddball from putting their dresser on their couch isn't important enough to justify preventing placement on gozas or in front of tapestries/curtains.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Out of curiosity, why was this a problem anyway? I mean, not that I did or would want to do this, but what was it doing when it was done?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my Sarsmi I thought you wouldn't take this well but don't jump! I feel the same way.... only instead of jumping w/my deco tool... I'd like to cramb it in my computer and throw them both out the window.... while shouting (and gesturing) obscene things. :cursing: No alcohol involved though... cause I really do want to keep from destroying my pc. :rant2:
It's ok, I'm taking my frustrations out on some rat renowned, and by golly someone just tossed a short hedge in the trash can. What a weirdo! *nabs*

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Out of curiosity, why was this a problem anyway? I mean, not that I did or would want to do this, but what was it doing when it was done?
I didn't even know this was an issue till I saw it was fixed in the patch notes. Honestly I'd be fine if they took out those dressers for good and let us have our gozas and addons working the way they were before. :D

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't even know this was an issue till I saw it was fixed in the patch notes. Honestly I'd be fine if they took out those dressers for good and let us have our gozas and addons working the way they were before. :D
yes!

is this the same item that was poofing things? just take it out entirely and leave the rest of our deco items be, please

C

Calyndrell

Soo in short i can't finish my meetings table....

Devs Fix this!! or atleast answer this.. this is probably more destructive than letting all fel players loose on trammel for an hour!

Matraes

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I just placed down my deeded carpets and now I can't finish the rooms the carpet is in! Can't place any deeded furniture down on my deeded carpets. And no longer being able to use a goza mat to center some of the new furniture items (gargoyle candelabras anyone?) which can't be centered or moved by the int deco tool is throwing me into a flid.

Makes alot of sense all of this . I think this time, they've won the internetz!

I really hope this was unintentional, and it gets fixed. Otherwise I'm just going to go all out and start tossing interior decorating tools, and item deeds all over the place in frustration.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Makes me glad I did my decorating a week or two ago.

WTS PREPATCH DECORATED INN! SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY!!!

Ok, maybe not so serious... ;)

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure hope this is a bug...Makes me very happy I didn't procrastinate decorating my brandnew keep.

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks the gargoyle dressers look like something you would in a little girl's barbie house?
I think some of the other pieces are quite cute but the dresser is a little too much imo.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm peeved here it is getting near to Halloween and I want to do some SERIOUS deco.... and .... I can't.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took down everything in one of my houses for my quarterly redeco. This just sucks for fixing it back up. I am SOOO glad I didn't touch anything in the castle and had redid all the trees on the roof the day before the patch.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've said it a few other times... I'll say it again If for some reason this isn't a bug and this is intentional someone needs to let me know so I can cancel my subscriptions ALL of them, I could totally use some more sleep, and more time to juggle. But seriously I'm sure its a bug I just wish they would say OMG OMG OMG WE ARE SOO SORRY We will fix it ASAP!!!

N

Nh'bdy

I've said it a few other times... I'll say it again If for some reason this isn't a bug and this is intentional someone needs to let me know so I can cancel my subscriptions ALL of them, I could totally use some more sleep, and more time to juggle. But seriously I'm sure its a bug I just wish they would say OMG OMG OMG WE ARE SOO SORRY We will fix it ASAP!!!

Your stuff.

Dibs.

C

canary

LOL LOL LOL thank you for defining 'overkill' for me.

L

Lord Drakelord

Your stuff.

Dibs.
*joins the line*

L

Lady Lovely

I wish we would get a peep from a dev on this! :rant2::twak:
I wanted to do the floating globe on our guild castle and cannot because of this!
The deco community at large is asking you to Please not forget us.....we are large in number and know how to hurt you with our deco tools!:twak:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wish we would get a peep from a dev on this! :rant2::twak:
I wanted to do the floating globe on our guild castle and cannot because of this!
The deco community at large is asking you to Please not forget us.....we are large in number and know how to hurt you with our deco tools!:twak:
Well, I think probably you will hear something soon. As someone else pointed out, this happened over the weekend so they probably won't have a chance to deal with it until today.

W

Wolfways

Seems i have perfect timing...

I completely emptied my house for a total redesign the day before the patch.
As i think about the decor as i'm designing the house i now have no idea what will go where and my house is in a kinda limbo :(

Sinful_Candie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. PLEASE fix this. I can't finish my Library because of this. *begs for them to fix it!*

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
LOL LOL LOL thank you for defining 'overkill' for me.
Actually, as far as I am concerned, that isn't overkill. For some people this is the main reason they play the game.

L

Lady Lovely

One of the main reasons I don't play wow is because they don't have personal homes with the ability to deco...I hear this from a lot of people.
*Bump so we can keep it near the top in hopes a dev will see it soon!

Y

yorky

One of the main reasons I don't play wow is because they don't have personal homes with the ability to deco...I hear this from a lot of people.
*Bump so we can keep it near the top in hopes a dev will see it soon!
One of the main reasons I play UO and not the other 30+ mmo's, is because of housing. Its one of the best games for creative outlet. Even more so when i can fiddle with goza mats! :D

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone submitted a question/complaint to like, the five on friday to find out if they are going to fix this or not?

S

Sanlek

Gets the Halloween deco out of storage...check.
Rumages through the chests making sure everything is ready to go...check.
Eyes the floorings, redeeds the anvil, forge, etc...check.
Opens the bag of black Goza mats and begins covering the floors...check.
Opens the bag of bone furniture, clicks on the "bone couch" deed, targets and

CLICK.........CLICK......CLICK CLICK CLICK...What the :fight:

You gotta be kidding me! :wall:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Actually, as far as I am concerned, that isn't overkill. For some people this is the main reason they play the game.
For goza mats. Uhhm... ya. LOL
I guess I have to spell it out for you, as there appears to be some kind of comprehension problem here. It isn't just goza mats, it's everything that is placed using a deed. This isn't about goza mats, it's about an entire play style centred around deco, and everything that can be done with it, something you apparently don't understand. So perhaps you should save your insults for something you do understand...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For goza mats. Uhhm... ya. LOL
I guess I have to spell it out for you, as there appears to be some kind of comprehension problem here. It isn't just goza mats, it's everything that is placed using a deed. This isn't about goza mats, it's about an entire play style centred around deco, and everything that can be done with it, something you apparently don't understand. So perhaps you should save your insults for something you do understand...
Man, the two main things I do in game are running vendors and housing stuff. If i pvm it is because I have either decorating or vendoring in mind. So this bug hits one of the two things I do ingame to have fun. And if it's not a bug after all, or rather they won't fix the problem then that kills a lot of enjoyment for me. :(

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Lovely: One of the main reasons I don't play wow is because they don't have personal homes with the ability to deco...I hear this from a lot of people.

I have some nice high level WOW chars. calling out to me, without our personalised homes WOW offers me more.

So some indication from the devs would be nice or I might abandon ship and get my druid out of mothballs.:mad::mad:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This isn't about goza mats, it's about an entire play style centred around deco, and everything that can be done with it...
Man, the two main things I do in game are running vendors and housing stuff. If i pvm it is because I have either decorating or vendoring in mind. So this bug hits one of the two things I do ingame to have fun. And if it's not a bug after all, or rather they won't fix the problem then that kills a lot of enjoyment for me. :(
I understand that. I think the devs have to be aware of how important this is to a significant portion of the player population. I'm sure it will be fixed. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope they didn't do this on purpose. I'll cry if they did... Then I'll sell my deco tool on E-Bay.:sad3:

Y

yorky

I understand that. I think the devs have to be aware of how important this is to a significant portion of the player population. I'm sure it will be fixed. Hopefully it won't take too long.
Im at that point now where im not loggin into the game, not because i dont have other things to do but because i like to do all those others things with a good 'base' aka my home.

My subscription is due to be renewed this Wednesday and tbh I think ill wait to renew it until this issue has been fixed so like you I hope it wont take too long either.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Im at that point now where im not loggin into the game, not because i dont have other things to do but because i like to do all those others things with a good 'base' aka my home.
Well, I'm fortunate, I've done most of my moving in and decorating in my inn, and there are a lot of other things I enjoy in the game as well, that is only a small part. But I understand those for whom it is more important.

M

MeganSmiles

I just went to the Ultima Online Homepage and went to "Contact Us". Then I left a complaint under "Customer Feed Back". If enought of us send feed back on this issue, maybe someone will take notice and fix this problem....just a thought.

Y

yorky

I just went to the Ultima Online Homepage and went to "Contact Us". Then I left a complaint under "Customer Feed Back". If enought of us send feed back on this issue, maybe someone will take notice and fix this problem....just a thought.
Done :D

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Done as well. Everyone who loves to deco, this is a great idea to get some attention called to this.

If you are a decorator then please take a minute or two and submit feedback about this. Like MeganSmiles said, if enough of us complain they might take notice.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just sent a feedback too.....I'm in the middle of redoing my 18x18 and was applying the stone counter tops and all of a sudden.........gozas said, no way man.

I had to yank out my checkered floor too.......this isn't right.