• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Governors Meeting On Father's Day?????

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not a gov. but i gotta agree why would it be held on fathers day that just doesnt make any sense

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's an attempt by the matriarchy to seize power.

"All in favour of tearing down Britain and replacing it with a Museum of Pink?"
"AYE!"
"All opposed?"
*crickets*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, IanJames. It is still a bad move no matter whose holiday it is. Its not like it couldn't wait 24 hours and be changed to Monday.

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, IanJames. It is still a bad move no matter whose holiday it is. Its not like it couldn't wait 24 hours and be changed to Monday.
Sure - so it could be Monday during the day when the American Governors can't attend due to normal work hours, or Monday evening when the European Governors can't attend due to the late hour, and when it is a holiday in several other countries. Do a google search for "Calendar of all International Holidays 2014" and I think you'll find that every day is a holiday somewhere. If I go by that rule, we might as well not have an EM Program or events or a Governor program.

Sunday is the first day in office for the new Governors. It is a time to survey them as to when meetings are possible (since someone seems to miss every thread here on the forums about it on prior terms) and to discuss some rather important business of the council. This meeting will not take long, and even I will be taking time away from my family for it.

Funny, no one complained when I took time away from my family to hold an event on Christmas Day. A lot of people had fun that day rather than sitting home alone.

If you have family obligations on Sunday, please spend the time with your family. That is what should be the priority. If you don't, feel free to join us at the meeting. If you are a Governor and can not attend, please delegate your duties to someone that you trust who can attend.

Last edited:

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just fyi, bo/hugi manages a 24-365 establishment, where any and all holidays are busy. This would include working on weekends. Sure the boss gets some sundays off but not all.
If you would like to know the Bo's schedule for Fathers Day here it is.
be at work by 8am----
make sure everything is running smooth and everyone knows whats going on.
stay at work and get out by 3pm. Hopefully by than we have $8500 of business in.
Be at water park by 3:15pm (suppose to be mid to high 80s here) wife, kid and friends will be waiting for Bo there.
return home by 5:45pm
have first beer and began grilling by 5:46pm.
Put little Bo to bed 8:45pm, Shag wife 9-9:05. Play uo 9:15..

There are other countries?? Only 1 matters USA!!!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I give up. Do whatever yall want. I'm just about done with this shard and will be soon asking devs for the ability to move my characters elsewhere. I'll be damned if I am going to play on any shard that revolves around the whims of a single guild. Enjoy yourselves!

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I give up. Do whatever yall want. I'm just about done with this shard and will be soon asking devs for the ability to move my characters elsewhere.
I know we are not 'buddies', and I pretty much disagree with most of what you say and vice-versa, but I wouldn't want to see you go, even if it were possible.

I think it must have been maybe two-three weeks ago, but you know one thing I remember over-seeing happen in chat was Gu'jek come on and say he was selling his account/leaving. And I remember you replying right back for him to get his butt into vent and talk to you, and it seems he has/had stayed. I don't know why, but it really struck me as a nice moment, and I remember things like that and I must say that was really cool of you. (And I apologize in advance if I have any of the minor facts incorrect, but I think I understood the gist from what I saw)

OK we can go back to being ingame/board 'opponents' now, but just wanted to say something.

Thanks.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holden, you did not misunderstand the situation and thank you for the kind words. He was terribly frustrated that evening with something that was happening in game, much like I am lately. It is always easier for me to talk someone else off the ledge than it is to talk myself down. I am very frustrated with some things that I probably shouldn't talk about here, so the best thing for me to do at this point is to just log out of Stratics and avoid it as much as I can.

FWIW, I don't consider you an opponent or an enemy. I have probably misunderstood some things in my frustration. I apologize for that and hope you won't hold it against me.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I give up. Do whatever yall want. I'm just about done with this shard and will be soon asking devs for the ability to move my characters elsewhere. I'll be damned if I am going to play on any shard that revolves around the whims of a single guild. Enjoy yourselves!
Get me a token too would ya ? :)

Blaeke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With some better time management, I could have you playing UO by 9:00 on the dot.

I have reasonable consulting fees. PM me.
I laughed at the 5 minute shag! Bo! Such honesty about marriage is a pleasure to witness. haha

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holden, you did not misunderstand the situation and thank you for the kind words. He was terribly frustrated that evening with something that was happening in game, much like I am lately. It is always easier for me to talk someone else off the ledge than it is to talk myself down. I am very frustrated with some things that I probably shouldn't talk about here, so the best thing for me to do at this point is to just log out of Stratics and avoid it as much as I can.

FWIW, I don't consider you an opponent or an enemy. I have probably misunderstood some things in my frustration. I apologize for that and hope you won't hold it against me.
Possum says hello, and please don't leave :p

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see Blaeke and Baby Doll are wishing for 5 minutes with the Bo! :love:

haha >>> Don't be a dumb Kat! Just because I like someone else's post and you want more drama is no reason to say more dumb ****. :mistress:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pipe down there drama queen, it was just a joke, but I guess your sense of humor can't handle a little teasing. Lighten up! :rolleyes2:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Do NOT make me break out a hose here. :cool:

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see Blaeke and Baby Doll are wishing for 5 minutes with the Bo! :love:
Lets be real here "who doesnt want a good (err GREAT!) 5 minutes with the Bo.
And Kelmos if needed the Bo can whip out the hose to sooth these little kittens.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Get yer minds out of the "5 minutes" or this thread will be done.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My 5 year old niece didn't care if it was fathers day today since she spent the night. Told her dad she see him later in the day, and she did the same to her mom on mothers day. :D she would rather spend time with me :D.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's only Father's Day in the US. Siege is a global community.
Haha, it's with US holidays like with Trammel rules, it hit me in my world :p. We do have Fathers Day in Denmark just like Hallowen and Valantin day try to make it in Denmark. Guess that count for other EU countries too

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
RueTor of uo2.stratics.com, BY PURCHASING THE POCKET HOSE, YOU HAVE QUALIFIED FOR A SPECIAL OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Brought to you by Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse, and the people who brought you :bdh:

Last edited:

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dang it! I'll have to wait until my next dungeon run. I spent all my gold on a hose and some dry cleaning! The butter looks like it may work tho...

Butter.jpg
http://www.itsjustwhatiwant.com/i-123/one-click-stick-butter-slicer

(Word of caution... Do not leave this thing in the sun loaded!! It is very difficult to put the butter back inside later in the day. Another example of poor warning labels by manufacturers)

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
RueTor, tired of:
Dang it! I'll have to wait until my next dungeon run. I spent all my gold on a hose and some dry cleaning! The butter looks like it may work tho...
Then try drying your clothes from home with the patented Lady Sunbeam Jet Set Dryer, with a new design... SEE BELOW!

Caution: Do not use patented Lady Sunbeam Jet Set Dryer, with a new design... in conjunction with Pocket Hose.