• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Government

• Thread starter Jack Whiterstein
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

Jay-TC-AV

To tell you the truth, I think these types of groups are what make role-playing games fun. You get so attached to a group of players [who may be apart of the gov], which gets a person addicted to the game so much. Isn't this what TSO is about -- or any other role-playing game? It isn't like someone can establish a government and rule the whole of EA-Land. In other words, it's just pure fun. I guess sometimes it gets outta hand..

I

imported_MARCIN2006

It was fun in the old days...

However...

It went extremely out of hand, people began to spam the houses that were online and I remember some " Secret Service " agents trying to get the owner to kick out some of the visitors because Mr-President wanted to come in and some of those people they didn't trust (this was back in the Balloon & Glove days).

People started getting pissed and by the end of its run, the AVG hood which once stood strong had only like 3 or 4 houses in it.

Last year Mr-President came back to the game and declared himself president but people didn't care about the gov and he couldn't get anyone to join so he left again.

If this "Government" only "Ruled" over the people in their Neighborhoods those that wanted to be ruled, then its fine with me but not when they go around the entire map and piss people off.

T

turtleface

If all it did was rule over some neighbourhoods who wanted to be ruled over, and planned nice events, then I think that sounds like fun.

G

<blockquote><hr>

...but not when they go around the entire map and piss people off.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has already started.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It was fun in the old days...

However...

It went extremely out of hand, people began to spam the houses that were online and I remember some " Secret Service " agents trying to get the owner to kick out some of the visitors because Mr-President wanted to come in and some of those people they didn't trust (this was back in the Balloon &amp; Glove days).

People started getting pissed and by the end of its run, the AVG hood which once stood strong had only like 3 or 4 houses in it.

Last year Mr-President came back to the game and declared himself president but people didn't care about the gov and he couldn't get anyone to join so he left again.

If this "Government" only "Ruled" over the people in their Neighborhoods those that wanted to be ruled, then its fine with me but not when they go around the entire map and piss people off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really Mr-President/Arthur Baynes came back, hm. I guess he'll make a return for EALand

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I never said that you had to have a government position. You can be a supporter and continue on whatever fun you came here to have, as long as it is inside the TOS and government rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right there's the problem. You just outed yourself as a power-trip.

We all agreed to the ToS. AND THAT'S IT. Not any "extra rules" those who know what's best for us decide to come up with.

P.S. By the way, creating websites with blacklists of dissenters, whether just folks daring to call the king naked or lists of folks who are indeed actual "scammers", and then advertising the website in the game (even if it's the "official" website of the "official" guvmint), is against the ToS.

J

Jack Whiterstein

Well, those rules would be put in if the people of the government needed them. If they are not needed then all they would have to follow is the TOS.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

Well, those rules would be put in if the people of the government needed them. If they are not needed then all they would have to follow is the TOS.

[/ QUOTE ]'

We don't need any extra rules how hard is that for you to understand? Just because you would like to hold power, does not mean other people want to listen to what you say.

The TOS does not say that we have to follow what a "player" with the same equal rights tells us.

There is no mention of a Ruling Body in the TOS, and I think most of us have enough with the real government(s).

We do not want to be ruled, and no one is able to make rules for us other than EA. And even these are being broken more than enforced (cheats &amp; scammers).

What people the power hungry players?

A government in TSO is just like a Mafia in TSO. They wish to rule, and try to rule over those who do not want to be ruled. Mafia's in TSO are hugely unpopular. This is why every single government has failed. I can name so many. AVG,TCG,SSU,CGA,DCG and many more I cant not remember.

If you want to make a government, go ahead but it will fail. But if you land at my lot and being to try and rule with your "rules", spam or recruit you will be cussed out and kicked out.

J

Jack Whiterstein

I do not believe I have expressed a want to lead such a government. I said I was interested in helping create one.

Not all the governments I've worked with have had power-hungry people leading them, but I know some have failed for that reason. Like I said before, Mafias and governments are only alike in a few ways. Their differences lay in why they were created. The reason so many have failed is because of low support or from conflicts with other groups. So it seems to me that mafias are more acceptable since there are at least ten or more in the game, and that governments are the least acceptable since there are currently none.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

All we have to follow now, or ever, are the ToS.

Period. Amen. The End.

You wanna take over the world? Go buy Sid Meir's Civilization like the rest of us. Or Tropico. Yeah, you'll get to be called El Presidenté, so THAT'Ss the ticket. Of course, then you only get to boss around little computer people., but if they try to start a revolution you can actually zoom in on them and assassinate them. I think that might be the game you're looking for.

Plus if anyone's gonna "pwn Teh TSO", it's gonna be MY lizard-guy. I'm warnin' ya: Don't mess with The Reptoids , to whom you are just food, h00man! He already ate most of the inhabitants of Calvin's Creek and Dragon's Cove, so what's one more president once the merge happens?

G

<blockquote><hr>

He already ate most of the inhabitants of Calvin's Creek and Dragon's Cove, so what's one more president once the merge happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dessert?

S

SethGalloway

Although I don't play anymore, I think it is always a fun idea.

I think too many people that disagree with it, take everything out of perspective. If you don't like the idea, don't be associated with it - simple as that. This entire game is role-playing, whether it's a hotel, restaurant, or even a government.

I know I liked my time while AVG was actually something. It's fun to look back and realize the addiction that many people had to it - myself included. I can't say it enough: you know that no sim can make you follow any guidelines that they set personally, or as a group, so don't worry about it if you don't like it.

What I liked about it in retrospect was the corruption and scandals that made the role-playing seem real. The fight for the Capitol between Ashley, Mr-President and myself. The corruption of a rigged election (which eventually killed AVG, in my opinion.) And last, the scandals that errupted. Marcus Furlourne had an affair with a woman that came onto him, Mr-President had an intern inside the Capitol that late was revealed by a sim newspaper with "pictures and evidence." Remember the pictures on the Alphaville Herald that had pictures of Mr-President kissing a woman inside the Capitol? That was fun role-playing.

If you don't like it - deal with it. It's a game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I think too many people that disagree with it, take everything out of perspective. If you don't like the idea, don't be associated with it - simple as that. This entire game is role-playing, whether it's a hotel, restaurant, or even a government.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think some of us are against it because 'others' lost their prospective and forgot this is actually a game that we all would like to enjoy playing.

Been there.....done that....don't wish to do it again.

It just takes one overzealous nut to ruin the little 'roleplay' government thing. I've learned that in TSO, finding overstuffed egomaniac morons is more likely to happen then to not happen.

G

Dutch, I'm certain they won't become egotistical maniacs! At least not until you forget to worship them or pay your taxes.

I

imported_corpatortis

I find that roleplaying takes a horrible turn once a person gets more authority than another.

Unless it's bondage.

Mafias worked because even the lowest level family members were still elevated above civilians. So if you convince the voters they are cooler than those not playing.. you'll probably get more rpers.

I won't participate in your political games but people can play how they want.. as long as I don't get more VOTE FOR ME IMs. I will vote to have you banned for being annoying.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I find that roleplaying takes a horrible turn once a person gets more authority than another.

Unless it's bondage.

Mafias worked because even the lowest level family members were still elevated above civilians. So if you convince the voters they are cooler than those not playing.. you'll probably get more rpers.

I won't participate in your political games but people can play how they want.. as long as I don't get more VOTE FOR ME IMs. I will vote to have you banned for being annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bondage? ...maybe we should give the government a 14 day trial? (LMAO..)

S

SethGalloway

It takes only one overzealous person in anything to make things tough to cooperate with - and that's something that people inside that certain congregation, and the game as a whole will have to deal with. Certainly there are overzealous people in mafias, as will there be in any platoon.

I think it's important to allow others to what they please in the game. There is always an ignore/block button to avoid these overzealous people or clans. But as nearly all other role-playing games, these people are free to do what they want. No matter if you like the idea or not, the other players will have to deal with. I'm sure there are people who dislike the bondage/control role-playing, the family role-playing, and the mafia role-playing, but like every other thing in a game like this, you have to deal with it.

I suggest that if you don't like the idea, move onto some other venture in the game and avoid the government. Getting asked to vote for someone or another will probably happen if there is a government, however, you'll get spammed for something else if it isn't a government.

S

SethGalloway

This is what the game was made for.

Be somebody. Else.

President? Manager? Mom? Dad? Whatever you want is available in role-playing and it will be open to whoever feels free to take it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I suggest that if you don't like the idea, move onto some other venture in the game and avoid the government.
This would work if it weren't for the so-called governments inability to leave people alone. Government and mafia, in my mind, get merged into the same category: Annoying jerks who will stop at nothing to control people. Maybe I've just encountered the wrong ones. Who knows?

<blockquote><hr>

Getting asked to vote for someone or another will probably happen if there is a government, however, you'll get spammed for something else if it isn't a government.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would think so, yes, but in my experiences, other than government and mafia, I have never really been spammed for things, except maybe party invites, which are perfectly acceptable in my book. As others have said before me, if you want to run your own neighborhood and have a government and a leader, great! Just leave me alone. Every time I am forced to boot or ban I die a little inside.

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone interested in forming a government in-game?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, well i thought that i woiuld share this with you ! this is as a Goverment in EA - Land, there names are Luc, lerry Parizad, and so on !!!

Thx but have a nice day !

J

Jack Whiterstein

Again, I would refrain from using IM's as a method of asking you to join. Plus, most of the time if you are interested then you would come and check it out for yourself. I wouldn't want to pressure anyone into helping out if they didn't want to. I just think it could be fun and helpful to everyone that is involved.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Jack, I was a senior officer for the Alphaville Government, and the dictator for the SSU. So far, you have very little support for this "government". Don't try coming into EALand and starting one of these. I'm basically threatening you now - if you do try starting something like this up, myself and other ranking officials will dispatch agents to deal with you. Drop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, please. LMAO.

G

You're neat.

So um, is this part of the role play or are you just being a dip [censored]?

J

Jack Whiterstein

Sir, I will not go to your level of using threats. You have a right to your opinion and I can accept that. And, as I have said before, if you don't want anything to do with the government then you don't have to be apart of it. Just leave it to those who wish to gain some type of fun or experience out of it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You're neat.

So um, is this part of the role play or are you just being a dip [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not <u>just</u> being a dip - he is raising 'dip-itude' to new levels.

Isn't this how Ed Wood (Plan 9 from Outer Space) started out????

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Isn't this how Ed Wood (Plan 9 from Outer Space) started out????

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was The Dalek Invasion of Earth (Dr. Who). "Resistance is futile...."
*shivers*

Good luck, EA Landers

G

<blockquote><hr>

Jack, I was a senior officer for the Alphaville Government, and the dictator for the SSU. So far, you have very little support for this "government". Don't try coming into EALand and starting one of these. I'm basically threatening you now - if you do try starting something like this up, myself and other ranking officials will dispatch agents to deal with you. Drop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could get really interesting! I'll get the popcorn...

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is what the game was made for.

Be somebody. Else.

President? Manager? Mom? Dad? Whatever you want is available in role-playing and it will be open to whoever feels free to take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and I agree. But all of EA-Land and/or TSO? Were better off with Mayors which I'm surprised never took off. o_O

J

Jack Whiterstein

I'd be perfectly fine with Mayors. It ensures that no one man or woman has to much power. It would also spread out the load of work from one central government to many smaller local, city oriented governments.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'd be perfectly fine with Mayors. It ensures that no one man or woman has to much power. It would also spread out the load of work from one central government to many smaller local, city oriented governments.

[/ QUOTE ]
Better that no one man or woman has ANY power.
In my experience, ppl who roleplay characters with power, begin to believe they ACTUALLY have it, and try to force themselves on others.
Like the 2 knotheads who are running around EAsy Land now pretending to be the "President" and demanding, under threat, that other players obey them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you going to do? Extreme tickle him to death?

Polly

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience, ppl who roleplay characters with power, begin to believe they ACTUALLY have it, and try to force themselves on others.
Like the 2 knotheads who are running around EAsy Land now pretending to be the "President" and demanding, under threat, that other players obey them.

[/ QUOTE ]

President, pffft. What a lack of imagination. Who listens to a President? If one is going to role play, think big. Are these knotheads unfamiliar with the Supreme Dalek Emperor or Emperor Ming and his evil minions. MINIONS! Come on. President. Meh. Wusses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

President, pffft. What a lack of imagination. Who listens to a President? If one is going to role play, think big. Are these knotheads unfamiliar with the Supreme Dalek Emperor or Emperor Ming and his evil minions. MINIONS! Come on. President. Meh. Wusses.

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally, I prefer WOMENIONS!

Heheh - get it? Female minions = womenions

oh, forget it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Personally, I prefer WOMENIONS!

Heheh - get it? Female minions = womenions

oh, forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, brother!

However, since someone mentioned thinking big... I do recall having once been the self-proclaimed Royal Empress of Pyrotechnics! Methinks I need to reclaim my title!

J

Jack Whiterstein

Well, what I would like to see is a player instituted government made up of these mayors for each city. They can look at whats happening in their city and can report it EA. This would give more player-EA interaction and cooperation. Also, to try and halt corrupt people or lunatics from being in office EA could appoint the mayors and that person could establish his or her cabinet from there. Then this would make them official, but would only have power over the people under them not the city populous.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, what I would like to see is a player instituted government made up of these mayors for each city. They can look at whats happening in their city and can report it EA. This would give more player-EA interaction and cooperation. Also, to try and halt corrupt people or lunatics from being in office EA could appoint the mayors and that person could establish his or her cabinet from there. Then this would make them official, but would only have power over the people under them not the city populous.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're whistling in the wind, Jack.
It ain't gonna happen.