• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gotta head to Wallmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My accounts are shut down... I need to pay me' UO bills. I use the pre-paid credit card from Wallmart to activate my account... Which I highly... HIGHLY suggest that you all should do.

You might ask: "Why Mr. Fart, would I not just use my good ole' MasterCard or Visa as a re-accruing charge, so I won't be interrupted in my game-play"? I'm glad you asked that. See my friends, for years I did just that...and I began to realize that I was being charged anywhere from 3 days to a WHOLE WEEK early for my game time. Yes...YES it's true. However... despite several e-mails like: There is a problem with your UO account, my account would not get shut off until... like 3 - 5 days into the NEXT month. Thus, I am getting like nearly a week free game time. Hard to believe? Well... it's working for me. I only put just enough cash to re-activate my accounts every month and not a dime more. Works quite dandy I tell ya'.

Sorry... I'm drinking beer and just starting to get a buzz... So I may sound kinda goofy. But the truth is still there. My friends... I suggest and recommend pre-paid credit cards for your UO. Don't let EA eat any extra dollars they should NOT be taking from you.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think they were charging you early they were verifying the money was on the card then have it on hold until the actual due date.

Example: Say your due date was Aug 7th so todays date Aug 2 the $12.99 was held for them. Your bank accout has 100 bones in it today on Aug 2 and tomorrow its saying you have 87.01 In reality your account has that 100 dollars in it until Aug 7th when they would actually take their payment.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plus lets hope you have a designated driver if you havent gotten your cards yet if you are going today to get them.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps I'm missing something here.
I pay 14.03 for each of my accounts (damn taxes!) regardless of if I use my debit card, my credit card, or a pre-paid card, and the billing dates come the same time each month. So how am I losing game time?

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't pay EA anything, I donate $14.00 a month to keep UO alive. :grouphug:

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just pop evasion when the tax cellectors come to my door, so no need to!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps I'm missing something here.
I pay 14.03 for each of my accounts (damn taxes!) regardless of if I use my debit card, my credit card, or a pre-paid card, and the billing dates come the same time each month. So how am I losing game time?
You are not losing game time. If I am understanding Bob's statement he thinks you are losing game time b/c they are charging early when they are not. All EA billing is doing is verifying and putting a hold on their payment due and dont take it out until the actual due date. On your billing page in uo.com it says 7 to 5 days prior to the billing if I recall.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not trying to "light a fire" I am aware of the account verification prior to the billing. I have a few friends that have noticed the same thing though. Sometimes it only hits like one or two days early. Sometimes though earlier. There is always the possibility that I have my dates wrong, I'll allow for that, but I'm pretty sure that EA is pinching pennys and "rounding" off that extra dime.

Just thought I'd toss out a shout out to watch your coins. Greedy snoopers. Just like a waltz through Luna on the Seige shard. lol.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
My accounts get pre-billed a week to 10 days before then actually billed on exactly the 30th day.
I use one of my regular cards because I don't like the extra prices for those pre-paid deals.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine is usually 5 days prebilled for UO. For my Warhammer online account I buy a 60 day game time card. My other games I play if bored of the two I mentioned are well....free. Im kind of enjoying working my accounts atm on Voyage Century Online. Even lets you do an afk and work skills if IRL stuff calls. I can actually play another game while I work that game to do skills.

C

Corvak

Mine is usually 5 days prebilled for UO. For my Warhammer online account I buy a 60 day game time card. My other games I play if bored of the two I mentioned are well....free. Im kind of enjoying working my accounts atm on Voyage Century Online. Even lets you do an afk and work skills if IRL stuff calls. I can actually play another game while I work that game to do skills.
It's like when I was doing EVE :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One time, I went to Wal-Mart, some lady was in the express line with around 80 items. She took her sweet time loading the conveyor (almost 15 minutes) and the whole thing just dragged forever.

Somehwere along the loading of her last few items, I had commented that "I had hoped that she was able to save an extra few minutes using the express line."

She looked back at me and said "I have four orders," and immediately broke out the attitude. "I can go wherever I want."

Before I could come up with a witty comeback, the twelve year-old girl behind me turned to the lady and said "learn to read the flashy thingies way up in the air (while nodding at the express sign), to grow up and to stop being so self centered.

The lady glared back at her and opened her mouth to beging a reply, but the 12 people behind me were staring right at her, and a 300 lb. woman told her "start stepping".

Random comments started coming from the annoyed crowd. "So, rude. I can't believe this lady. What a jerk!"

She put her head down and began to walk away, and the wheel came loose from her cart causing it to buckle making the loud screeching sound before the cart came to an immoblie stop.

The little girl yelled, "Karma's a pancake, isn't it pancake."

Priceless.

C

Corvak

A sign at my local supermarket:

Express Lane: 1 - 15 items only.

We aren't counting your items, but everyone behind you is.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I go through the express lane with 88 packages of hot dogs, is that one item or 88?

Status
Not open for further replies.