• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got the designers attention to Siege silver prices. Lets do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So rather than fix one thing that's broken, because it's not the thing you wish was being fixed... you won't help get it fixed.

you are the problem. eat ****.
Nice attitude.

Vanqs were easily obtained off Titans in Titan Valley, btw. I never had trouble putting together nice suits - keeping them, well that is a different matter.
If you weren't spewing untrue crap trying to portray this image that you're trying to help improve the shard (instead of yourself and your buddies) maybe we'd get somewhere. Having me sit here and clear up the nonsense and repeat myself over and over again because you don't address my valid points is frustrating.

Well I can only entertain nonsense for so long before my raised middle finger becomes a more appropriate mode of communication.

And yes, I would rather them not lower silver prices until they are willing to bring back cursed arties or increase the drop rate.

I mean, use logic, if I believe that the current system makes the balance unfair, why would I support something that is going to take it further out of balance?
Logic?

Logic says you're making up your beliefs to further your bias desires.

What imbalance are you talking about?

You act like the two issues aren't mutually exclusive. Improving one will not negatively or positively impact the other. If that was the case... then boosting non-faction arties would fix factions. Does that not sound stupid to you?

Fix factions and stop being unreasonable because you didn't get what you wanted when you wanted it. - can I be any more direct in my logic?

Why would I help something get "fixed" if I feel the solution makes it worse?
Because you would have had to have listened to players who understand this game better than you do.

You have the opportunity to fix one thing and be done with it so you can move on to the next issue and not have to ever worry about this one again.

Instead, you want to cry about how this isn't about you or what you want.

Well you're entitled to be and do what you want. Just don't come here preaching that you're trying to better this shard or do this for the betterment of this shard. If you're going to be selfish and unreasonable, then do it honestly and openly... and I'll respect that.

Just don't come here pulling the crap you have been in this thread making up BS and pretending to actually care about this shard. because it sure as hell sounds like it's all about "whats in it for me" instead of "whats in it for the shard" and fixing factions... is helping the shard, even if it's not helping you. For the record.

Lets all try being real about this for sec... k?

B

Black magick

He was speaking of his ideal shard, not just the faction arties. If you read his whole post, you will see the difference in what I said and what you just said.

*bows out*
I read it through. There's a correlation between him wanting suits to be easy to obtain and you saying you are fine with vanq weapons and such being easy to obtain. The only difference is the use of the items in question and the way by which they are obtained. That said, there's a place that the field is pretty much even between factions and non-factions, prodo shards. It goes both ways.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That said, there's a place that the field is pretty much even between factions and non-factions, prodo shards. It goes both ways.
A valid, intelligent point. I have no reply to that other than to say that even unbalanced, I never have and never will leave Siege.

Ya'll can say I don't have Siege's best interest in mind. I believe otherwise. But at least I can say I have never quit on Siege, unlike most of you. (not directed at you Black Magick).

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't quit on Siege...but I guess you can say i'm frustrated enough with things these days to take a break and try a couple of freebie shards :)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A valid, intelligent point. I have no reply to that other than to say that even unbalanced, I never have and never will leave Siege.

Ya'll can say I don't have Siege's best interest in mind. I believe otherwise. But at least I can say I have never quit on Siege, unlike most of you. (not directed at you Black Magick).
Where are you PvPing at these days?

You're the same as me so I have no idea who you're talking to or about. My accounts are still open and I've never actually quit anything.

I'm sorry, but until this community can put their differences aside and actually get SOMETHING done.. expect more of the same.

M

MoonglowMerchant

You're the same as me so I have no idea who you're talking to or about. My accounts are still open and I've never actually quit anything.

I'm sorry, but until this community can put their differences aside and actually get SOMETHING done.. expect more of the same.
This is the wrong something.

I've asked several times now, I'll ask again. If lowering the cost of faction arties is going to bring people back to Siege, who are they?

I would like names of people waiting for faction costs to be lowered so they can come back.

I'll come back if faction arties are removed.

V

Vaelix

I've asked several times now, I'll ask again. If lowering the cost of faction arties is going to bring people back to Siege, who are they?

I would like names of people waiting for faction costs to be lowered so they can come back.

So far from what ive gathered,

Righty
Crunch
Cash - Possible.
Blackrain

Storm
Razic
I talked to them on the phone today.

Now once this gets closer, and once people start looking on the boards again, Im betting that list could get longer.

Now if they came around, thats 6 Extra people, which would encourage more people to come back.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You're question was answered multiple times. Apparently you didn't like the answer so you'll repeat yourself over and over again? Nice.

And this isn't just for bringing people back to siege, but also making factions more enjoyable for those already on Siege and those who will join this shard there-after.

These items are here to stay, so why not improve the faction system?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That said, there's a place that the field is pretty much even between factions and non-factions, prodo shards. It goes both ways.
Actually, if you want cheap arties, Prodo is your answer. Head on over! ------->

V

Vaelix

Actually, if you want cheap arties, Prodo is your answer. Head on over! ------->
Your contribution to the thread and the over all faction problem has been noted, Thank you.

Seriously, this proposed faction change isnt for us. If you'll notice, the people who can afford them, are still playing.

We can afford the Faction arties at their current price.

Those who cant :

New Players, People who only play for 1-3 Hours a day, Subpar PvPers who die more often than Elitists (This isnt an Insult).

With these changes, those PvPers could PvP more often, with easier to obtain gear, you dont need to farm for 6+ Hours a Day like the current System.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Righty
Crunch
Cash - Possible.
Blackrain

Storm
Razic

Now once this gets closer, and once people start looking on the boards again, Im betting that list could get longer.

Now if they came around, thats 6 Extra people, which would encourage more people to come back.
So four people? Five I suppose IF Cash comes back. Blackrain already plays here right?

Now, how many people would rejoin Siege if there were no faction arties? Two have posted in this thread so far today.

Net gain of two? Doesn't seem worth it.

Let's pretend for a second that by lowering the cost of faction arties, a few people came back and joined factions. The next thing that would happen is that instead of selling back faction items, people would trash them. So, people would have to farm silver again and back to square one...

It is a waste of time.

V

Vaelix

Let's pretend for a second that by lowering the cost of faction arties, a few people came back and joined factions. The next thing that would happen is that instead of selling back faction items, people would trash them. So, people would have to farm silver again and back to square one...

It is a waste of time.
Sigh.

85K Silver Mage Suit, Current System, Fastest Way possible to Get Silver : 6 Hours and 30 Minutes of Straight Farming.

With lowered prices, the time it takes to farm is Drastically decreased.

Case in Point, Example : I play 2 Hours a Day, therefore i need to spend 3 Days of play time to farm up my mage suit before i can pvp, I PvP and die instantly to a dismount gank, I must now spend 3 More Days before i can pvp again.

People do not want to do that.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Sigh.

85K Silver Mage Suit, Current System, Fastest Way possible to Get Silver : 6 Hours and 30 Minutes of Straight Farming.

Case in Point, Example : I play 2 Hours a Day, therefore i need to spend 3 Days of play time to farm up my mage suit before i can pvp, I PvP and die instantly to a dismount gank, I must now spend 3 More Days before i can pvp again.

I understand it takes a while to farm up the silver to equip a full suit of faction arties. If you don't like it, play on a production shard. That is the perfect place for players with limited time who don't want to farm and farm and farm to constantly re-equip the best items.

Siege isn't about constantly equipping the best items. Siege is about wearing the best stuff you can afford to lose. If you can't afford the time to farm up silver to buy faction arties, then you can't afford to wear them.

V

Vaelix

So by that Logic, its wrong of us to want to Close the PvP balance Gap between Faction players who can afford to farm to 10 Hours and Day and Faction players who cannot. Interesting.

V

Vaelix

The problem is, it seems like We (Our guild) Are the only players who have the skill to stay alive, and/or, Have the time to farm up the silver for the suits.

Lowered Prices or Not, does not make it any Harder for us to suit up, It only makes it harder for the rest of the shard to re-suit after we've killed em.

Which leads to less PvP.

B

Bruin

Sigh.

I understand your point perfectly. How long would it take you to farm up a pvp suit if faction artifacts didn't exist?

V

Vaelix

I understand your point perfectly. How long would it take you to farm up a pvp suit if faction artifacts didn't exist?
Very long, which is why the faction artifact system is so wonderful for Siege perilous.. As i said previously,

Factions vs Non Faction is Unbalanced

However, You choose not to be in factions, therefore you choose to give yourself a disadvantage.

The artifacts are here, the system exists, use it.

V

Vaelix

And as i've also said before, if they were to introduce cursed / tot arties, up the monster loot, and make it so ML arties drop more often, that would be great..

But! How about we actually focus on something that the Devs said they are willing to change while they're doing a Faction revamp, instead of begging for something that is Completely unrelated to the changes they are currently working on, and would require Hours upon Hours of Dev time, that honestly, we're just not going to get.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh.

If you don't want to do that, go to prodo! There are cheap faction arties, you can insure it so you'll never ever lose it. Prodo has what you want. Its a win/win for you. Furthermore, there are a number of things things that are quite obvious from the majority of your posts:

1. You don't care much about anything that would truly benefit non-faction players
2. You are fighting for cheap arties for your own benefit
3. You will say and/or twist anything to get what you want
4. You refuse any compromise whatsoever

I'll stop there because the rest would just be rude and pointless.

V

Vaelix

You can bet your ass that i dont give a Damn about Non-Factions.

I am a Pvper, the Devs have stated that the core structure behind factions is a PvP Based System.

However, as ive said, Lower Faction prices do help me, but do *I* need them? No.. I havent bought a single faction suit of mine back for the 2 Months that i've been here, I have the time and pre-existing silver to manage just fine..

What bothers me is exactly what is happening, More and More of YOUR players arn't logging in near as often, because they cannot re-suit themselves anymore. And that affects my PvP.

V

Vaelix

Btw, i love how you people are actually telling people to quit siege as a Valid argument, I thought the point of ALL of these posts was to get more people playing and more people logging into the game.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Righty
Crunch
Cash - Possible.
Blackrain

Storm
Razic

So four people? Five I suppose IF Cash comes back. Blackrain already plays here right?

Now, how many people would rejoin Siege if there were no faction arties? Two have posted in this thread so far today.

Net gain of two? Doesn't seem worth it.

It is a waste of time.
LOL.

Your train of thought is a train wreck and your not adding anything to the discussion.

You're the waste of time.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh.

If you don't want to do that, go to prodo! There are cheap faction arties, you can insure it so you'll never ever lose it. Prodo has what you want. Its a win/win for you. Furthermore, there are a number of things things that are quite obvious from the majority of your posts:

1. You don't care much about anything that would truly benefit non-faction players

1. This isn't a discussion about non factioners. When we're in a thread about non-faction stuff, you can make this claim. Right now you look like a selfish, childish jerk trying to ruin an opportunity siege has to help factioners because it's not the help you wanted.
2. Cheap arties are a benefit to anyone and everyone who wants to participate in factions. DUH
3. You're the only one guilty of this.. well Vortex has dabbled with it in this thread. Oh and hi moonglowmerchant. I'm starting to see a pattern here... hmmm.
4. What compromise? This isn't a discussion about non-faction arties. Not a single alternative idea to help improve factions has been presented. Your bull**** isn't even a topic of conversation outside of the STFU about it you're repeatedly greeted with. If this was a thread about fixing orc masks so players like Mo gluk could properly RP an orc... then I'd be telling you and everyone else the same god damn thing and because you need to support fixing the broken orc masks in this game while we have the chance. Otherwise you're going to get **** on by the same people when its your turn for something for you.

Keeping things rare benefits Vaelix and all the other pvpers that crap on you daily... because they keep their competitive edge while you remain licking boot straps. Damn!!! What a great way to handle this kat!!! Good job!

V

Vaelix

Also, what compromise is there?

Either they lower faction prices or they dont.

What they wont do, however, is Put additional developers working on a system that the whole Team isnt focusing on, Aka Siege Perilous Non Faction Problems.

They have stated that they are willing to Look into Faction Prices on Siege, WE GOT ATTENTION, we should be Pushing for this Hard.

They have Not Said a Damn thing about Any Cursed / Tot / ML / Monster loot buffs. Push for that stuff when the entire team isnt working on Huge Faction Revamps.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have stated that they are willing to Look into Faction Prices on Siege, WE GOT ATTENTION, we should be Pushing for this Hard.

They have Not Said a Damn thing about Any Cursed / Tot / ML / Monster loot buffs. Push for that stuff when the entire team isnt working on Huge Faction Revamps.
She's not capable of understanding what you're saying.

This thread is really about non-factioners.... didn't ya know? You're such a jerk Vaelix... I can't believe you're not talking about non-factioners in a thread about factions.

Seriously.

True story.

:popcorn:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can bet your ass that i dont give a Damn about Non-Factions.

I am a Pvper, the Devs have stated that the core structure behind factions is a PvP Based System.

However, as ive said, Lower Faction prices do help me, but do *I* need them? No.. I havent bought a single faction suit of mine back for the 2 Months that i've been here, I have the time and pre-existing silver to manage just fine..

What bothers me is exactly what is happening, More and More of YOUR players arn't logging in near as often, because they cannot re-suit themselves anymore. And that affects my PvP.
They can equip themselves just fine. We have spent months on end farming silver, gold and everything else without any opposition. They aren't logging in because:

1. They sat here for months waiting on someone to show up to fight
2. They usually can't find anyone else to fight
3. When they do find a fight, its over in under 5 minutes
4. The losers of the fight do not come back for more fights
5. For the majority of the guild, 1 or 2 fights per night [if they are lucky enough to find that] isn't worth the time it takes to log in

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can equip themselves just fine. We have spent months on end farming silver, gold and everything else without any opposition. They aren't logging in because:

5. For the majority of the guild, 1 or 2 fights per night [if they are lucky enough to find that] isn't worth the time it takes to log in

You just answered why we need lower faction cost with reason number 4...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its your guildmates that aren't coming back to fight after a loss, but its always "NBD" because, according to your guildies you all have tons of silver, right? lol Which is it, you have tons or not enough to re-equip? lol

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its your guildmates that aren't coming back to fight after a loss, but its always "NBD" because, according to your guildies you all have tons of silver, right? lol Which is it, you have tons or not enough to re-equip? lol

Nice backpeddaling Kat.

rolleyes:

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What bothers me is exactly what is happening, More and More of YOUR players arn't logging in near as often, because they cannot re-suit themselves anymore. And that affects my PvP.[/QUOTE]

Not true dude, the people in TNT that PVP (as do most) have plenty of gold/items/silver.

When you and JSV left for your walkabout I watched our PVPers log less and less, you can even go back to threads and read how I said this would happen.

I have been in game 3 times in the last month and things are looking better, our vent is getting busy again and I hope Siege comes back.

I really cant argue with Kat here because I only came to Siege about 5 months before the faction items so I cant speak to PVP activity prior to that. That being said, in my time on Siege it is easy to see who PVPS and who does not.

My fear is that if the devs waved their magic wand and all factions items went away it would still be the same people fighting...in game at least.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lock? You guys are getting all worked up over this, when the poll already showed that majority want lowered prices.

Cry double vote - but apparently any mod can check if that happened and can give an accurate poll count. Something tells me its going to say yes.

Case in point - after the poll gets reviewed, the decision will be yes, lower the prices. Then what? You really think it's going to get changed? Perhaps, but I doubt it.

Why don't you guys just calm the **** down? You guys are complaining about no PvP, but I bet you if silver prices weren't as high, you guys would be spending your forum pancakes time (ie: this thread) PvPing and having fun!

Tell me I'm wrong.

Viscount Goop

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, if they lowered artie cost by half or increased silver drop rate 2X i would probly go back to factions.

Status
Not open for further replies.