• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holiday Item Good news ...this xmas we get Holiday Tokens

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Token !!! to claim the gift...

Let the olde school trading commence come dec 1st....i will be doing 12 for 12 tokens

i want europa and will have 12 tokens...i may even open a 3rd account...for your shard tokens

Yahhhhh back to old school ...

Thankyou Devs for listening to the public voice....

my new icq is 658366531 THP...olde school trading since 2000

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bad news the gift boxes are same colours as last 2 years.. same designs and same rares... oh well u cant win them all

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but can the tokens be redeemed by other characters or are they bound to that character. I.e. can we actually trade the tokens? The reason I ask, is even with the old school trading occasionally you would still get some people selecting the gift then telling you "oops, sorry for some reason this character didn't get a gift this year" and in your mind you're wondering if that's the truth (cause it can happen of course), or if they just got a rare item and don't want to give it to you.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye that deffo used to happen.... the olde oh this character aint got a gift....lolz...but all u gonna get this time is a token...

pretty sure they can be traded... hook me up on test shard and ill give u a token and we'll see

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To bad they couldn't do something new, seems so generic now. Best 2 holiday imo were statues when you had chance of getting rare Angels, surfers, and the elusive white angel. Second would be the first time they came out with rare colored gift boxes.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To bad they couldn't do something new, seems so generic now. Best 2 holiday imo were statues when you had chance of getting rare Angels, surfers, and the elusive white angel. Second would be the first time they came out with rare colored gift boxes.
nuh unh - best was the first holiday bells. Talk about a collector's dream - trying to get the names, colours and the sounds. My greatest and most time consuming collection to date was making a perfect bell set - all names, all colours and all sounds in the smallest possible number of bells (think it was 21). Sitting there with other collectors having them play their bell to see if it was a sound you needed. That was a fun collection that hasn't been repeated since - at least as far as I'm concerned. Plus you can deco with them and leave them up all year round. Now most collections are all about getting one rare drop out of 300 chances - that's luck, not collecting. I am glad we are getting tokens - just wish one of the gifts was a new tile set, like a water or dirt tile to go with the grass and snow tiles from before.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pigments of various colors for use on the new craftable walls would be sweet. And bring back the twinkling lights and icicles! The contrast against the shadow walls is just frickin outstanding!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pigments of various colors for use on the new craftable walls would be sweet
You do realize we can already use plant dye, clean up point dye, and the various granite colours to make different coloured walls, right? How many colours do you need? o.0

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xmas statues I agree were the best gifts but then I might be a bit bias, :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have all the names but i also collect them in both directions and all the colors. All the common names are complete and almost all the uncommon names are complete. The really rare names, plus angles, and surfers are like 70% complete but some of the colors in certain directions may not even exist or went poof with idocs etc. Still looking though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My problem with most Holiday Gifts anymore is that they have no "Holiday" feel to them.

The Nutcracker is Holiday all to a T..... But a Manikin? That Tree is hideous... and I don't care what color they dye it is still not really "chrismasy" to me. The Atlas... it's nice.. but not really very "holiday"....

Years ago it was all Holiday, Snowflakes, Candycanes, Tinkling lights, stockings... and really done well... the wreaths are just awesome.... perfectly sized and dyable... what more could you ask for? Even Poinsettias are christmasy... *sighs* Would be neat for Tamers if one year all the Harts and Great Harts spawned as Reindeer. The graphics for them to run and move are in UO.... so it wouldn't be too hard i wouldn't think to make them spawn as a Tamable. Would that be an amazing Christmas for Tamers? Anyone remember the Purple and Pink bunnies? I still have and adore mine.

What about new trees? Something that looks neater with a star on top or something? One that preferably does NOT clip the ceiling... about the size of the potted tree or the Juniper? I'd like to see better Garland something more festive. How about a way to make your house a mini-house? A new Bell? Maybe a Christmasy song for the Harpsichord or a gear for the music box?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste The lack of holiday related items might have something to do with the massive amounts of complaining people were doing a couple years ago. They were mad that only 1 holiday and therefore religion was being represented (Christmas). A whole bunch of people claimed they were spam emailing the devs to complain about it. I would hate to think that the devs actually gave in to those people, but since all the distinctive holiday items have been disappearing I'm starting to think that they did.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste The lack of holiday related items might have something to do with the massive amounts of complaining people were doing a couple years ago. They were mad that only 1 holiday and therefore religion was being represented (Christmas). A whole bunch of people claimed they were spam emailing the devs to complain about it. I would hate to think that the devs actually gave in to those people, but since all the distinctive holiday items have been disappearing I'm starting to think that they did.
So let me get this straight... They want a Holiday Gift for the Holiday season but they don't believe in Christmas or whatever? Hey I'm fine with getting a Menorah or whatever... it's still holiday... But to want a gift for a season you don't believe in is hippocritical.... and to say you don't want one because you don't believe then don't log in and get it or throw it on the ground or away... but don't deny others the right to Celebrate as they see fit. To me it's about the spirit of giving..... remembering Family, and Life in General. It's about peace on earth and good will towards others.... not trying to force ones ideals onto another person. Even if you don't believe in Christ or whatever if you don't believe it's good to want peace on earth and good will towards others then perhaps the planet would be better without that sort of thinking and folk should keep that to themselves.