• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good (Fri)Day Catskills - 2009-03-27

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*walks in to the empty tavern and starts to clean things up a bit*

Good Day all, it is indeed Friday. How exciting is that?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's a bitter-sweet day for me. Yes, it's Friday (which is always good), but I heard this morning that the Dr I work for is thinking about closing the office down 2 more days per week. That means I'd only be working 3 days a week, and would have to go out and find a second job. Not a prospect I'm particularly happy about. I'm hoping he'll decide to stay open 5 days a week.

C

CatLord

* Keeps himself in the shadows, quietly sipping his Apple Apricot Smoothie *

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the good thing is finding work shouldn't be hard then. But working too jobs isn't exactly an entertaining prospect. I hope the Doc changes his mind.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, finding another job won't be a problem. There's a mall like 20 minutes from my house with a Lens Crafters, Sears Optical and a Pearle Vision in it. I'm sure I could get in one of them if I were to go that route.

Although I think If I were to pick up a 2nd job I would look for something outside the optical industry with a little less responsibility, and a little more fun. I'm thinking maybe gamestop. An employee discount at a gaming store is very tempting.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've often wanted to have a fun job too. Maybe working in a bike shop or something. Unfortunately it doesn't pay the bills...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that were my only job I wouldn't be able to make it either, but even 3 days a week at my current job will just about cover my monthly bills. The 2nd job would be for a little extra. Like my UO accounts, Cable TV, Internet. Luxury items. I *could* cancel them, but I really rather not.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ya there. I'd be nice to work at a fun job and not have to worry about money though. I guess that is called retirement right?

Hey I don't think you were a Stratics Mod when I used to post, when did this come in to play?

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not a fan of lens crafters. I went in there once with my brother he wanted to get a prescription so he could just order glasses offline. (I know not a good practice but better than buying them for $600 at lens crafters.)

Also, could you really get used to people not calling you doctor I mean after so many years in school I'd be pissed if some highschool kid just walked up and disrespected me. But hey game discount!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I don't think you were a Stratics Mod when I used to post, when did this come in to play?
Last fall I think it was.

I'm not a fan of lens crafters. I went in there once with my brother he wanted to get a prescription so he could just order glasses offline. (I know not a good practice but better than buying them for $600 at lens crafters.)
I'm not a big fan of any chain based health care facility. LC, PV & SO are all just about selling glasses. The doctor I work for has been private practice for 30 years, he's actually more about patient care. I remember him cutting his vacation short and driving back from Vermont (we're in western NY), 2 days early because a patient was having some serious problem, and would have went blind if he didn't get treatment right away. I highly doubt that the Dr at most lens crafters would do that.

Also, could you really get used to people not calling you doctor I mean after so many years in school I'd be pissed if some highschool kid just walked up and disrespected me. But hey game discount!
Nobody calls me doctor now. I'm an optician, that's the guy who makes the glasses. I didn't even go to college for it. I did a 2 year apprenticeship on the job and paid about a grand to the licensing board. Presto, instant optician. Besides, no matter what job I have, no little punk from HS is going to disrespect me. I don't put up with that crap.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with you BS, about the non-chain eye doctors. You get a much better and more personal care package there. My eyes are extremely important to me and I want someone vested in them to be the one working on them.

I didn't realize you didn't need a degree for that position. However, a two year internship is actually a good deal of training.

Congrats on becoming a mod fyi.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*Walks in and looks for the chicken soup and puffs tissues*

I have a cold now. I've avoided it all winter. Black Sun, Vallend, I blame the two of you. I hate you both.

*Grabs a bottle of cold medicine and a blanket and goes off to curl up in a corner and die*

O, Podolak, welcome back. Nice to see some old familiar faces around again.

*Pulls blanket over her head and mumbles about feeding Black Sun and Vallend to a Paragon AW*

:sleep2:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sets a jar of Vicks VapoRub ointment on Anne's bedside table and tiptoes away*
See everybody, this is what happens when you sneeze or cough and then forget to wash your hands before posting. You spread disease on to your fellow boardies.

Now, I did it intentionally to prove a point, but there's no excuse for the rest of you.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*coughs* old being the keyword Anne

*laughs*

Thank you though, it is nice to post once in a while. Sorry you are sick.

*sets up a cot with extra blankets for Ann, helps her in tucking the blankets around her*

You rest I'll put some more soup on the burner for you.

BS, I think the point has been received. We'll have to chastise any more perpetrators.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*reminds himself to bring some hand sanitizer to the tavern*

C

Corvak

That stuff actually works. We put a dispenser up at work, and we don't ALL get every freaking cold that goes around now.

I'm actually going to school in the fall. Was considering applying at the local EB's (theyre still all EB in canada) for part time. Loans can cover my tuition, but I need some extra money too...though if I get in there, i'll just be handing my paycheck back as soon as I get it...

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Tries to avoid getting Anne's cold.****

Hey all. Well, I have to help a buddy of mine lift a tv, since he broke a portion of his shoulder tomorrow. So, I won't be around for the better half of the second part of tomorrow. But yeah...it is Friday. And Black Sun, good luck with the job bud.

****Walks behind the bar of the tavern, tosses a large sack of gold to the bartender "Drinks on the house for this weekend chap." Grabs a tall stout and heads off to find adventure.****

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*Cracks one eye open blearily and grabs the Vapo Rub*

Black Sun, next time pick someone else for your crash test dummy to drive your point home.

*throws the bottle of Purel at Black Sun*

*Pulls up the blankets left by Podolak and turns over to go back to sleep*