• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Day Catskills - 2010-02-02

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*slips in to the tavern and starts the fire*

Warming up again, mid 20's today. Woohoo!

*makes his way to the counter and starts the hot water and coffee*

Good luck out there everyone.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*kicks the door open and backs in dragging a large ettin corpse by the massive foot*
Killed damn hear a hundred of these ugly things last night. Got myself just one gem of salvation. I think I might be doing something wrong.

*drops the furry leg and makes a cup of tea*
Help yourself, the ribs are nice and plump. Also I think there might be a bit of gold on the corpse if anyone is interested. I've got plenty more stacked up at home too.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks at him strangely*

Gem of salvation?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a handy little rock that you get from stealing from monsters. If you die with it in your pack you can self rez. Only trouble is you have to go loot your corpse and you only have a minimum of health upon resurrection. But still, its better than trying to hunt down one of those wandering healers.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds very useful. And you can steal from any monster to get it?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ettins? whatcha doing messin' about with silly ettins? Have ye not heard of the 'two birds with one stone' method of hunting?
Gargoyles in Hythloth, if you don't get a 'special', you might get a gem or 3 for imbuing. They have 1 - 4 gems, and if you're lucky enough to steal the gems from a gargoyle that has 4, he'll give ya another 4 as parting gift in his corpse. On the other hand, I guess gems are cheap and easy to come by on Catskills.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those pesky jewelers have taken millions from me on their crack...I mean gems. Your gargoyle suggestion is very sound, thank you for that.

Can I offer you a spot of tea?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be most welcome, thank you.
Dare I ask?
/whisper: Do you have any cake?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds very useful. And you can steal from any monster to get it?
Only monsters in fel dungeons or in tram, but then only in champ spawn areas.
((http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=29880))

Ettins? whatcha doing messin' about with silly ettins? Have ye not heard of the 'two birds with one stone' method of hunting?
Gargoyles in Hythloth, if you don't get a 'special', you might get a gem or 3 for imbuing. They have 1 - 4 gems, and if you're lucky enough to steal the gems from a gargoyle that has 4, he'll give ya another 4 as parting gift in his corpse. On the other hand, I guess gems are cheap and easy to come by on Catskills.
Gems are easy to find, but not always cheap. I chose ettins because, to be perfectly honest, my thief is a pathetic fighter. Ettins and the occasional earth elemental were good for skill gains and posed just enough threat where I felt comfortable enough that I wouldn't get easily overwhelmed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my thief hid behind a nice big summoned water ele, he did all the fighting :D, she just picked their pockets.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles at Petra*

Never fear to ask that! We always have a selection of morning pastries available. Occasionally a hot breakfast is served, depending on if Claudia or woody is here in time.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clever girl. See, my thief (being male like me) is a bit thick headed at times and tends to charge into a situation without thinking of all the possible outcomes. ((See my post in UHall for a good example))

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I've seen that my friend, seen it and giggled :). I follow the boards through this link:
http://vboards.stratics.com/vaispy.php
(found at the bottom of the 'quick links' menu at the top of the board for anyone who's interested).
It means I don't miss very much :D

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I generally use that as well, nifty little thing too. Makes me feel like some sort of omnipotent demigod.

I SEE AND HEAR ALL!!!!
<insert evil laugh>

C

CatLord

((so that is how I get in trouble))

* walks to the counter... *

Coffee please... and some blackberry pie...

* drops two silvers... *

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods to the meer*

Good day sir! How have your adventures fared today?

*brings him his daily coffee and a slice of pie Claudia made last eve*

Here you are, those silver coins look crimson tinged as usual...

C

CatLord

* nods back ... *

No adventures... nothing to report... all is quiet in the Western front.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Western? Aren't you east of GMT? Actually, I think you ARE GMT.

C

CatLord

yup, Catskills is the Western front...
Drachs is the Eastern front...
Sonoma is the Far West...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a history lesson :D. The 'Western Front' was a line of trenches stretching over 400 miles from the Swiss border to the North Sea during World War I

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the clarification my friend. I always assumed those references.

Petra, I love history...always up for a lesson or two.

W

woody_cats

just a warning to you podolak claudia is expecting the biggest best valentine present you can come up with. requirement is a lot of hugs and kisses and sweet wispers in her ear. Only 12 more days to prepare

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a warning to you podolak claudia is expecting the biggest best valentine present you can come up with. requirement is a lot of hugs and kisses and sweet wispers in her ear. Only 12 more days to prepare
... Oh yeah, she told me that she also expects you to leave a bag with 100 million in gold checks in the mailbox at my house. She really stressed that last part. :thumbup:

W

woody_cats

you must have been fighting to long if you think she would want it delivered to your house. what is his will be hers and she aint giving it to you unless you threaten to pk podolak . now she might share as she is a sweet nice person . you got 12 days to find your own sweetheart.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you got 12 days to find your own sweetheart.
I've got one. Trouble is she has no interest in UO goodies. She expects real flowers and chocolates, plus dinner to boot!

I wish I could buy her off with a whispering rose, a red studded bustier, and a slice of blessed bacon. If only it were that easy....

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I have to add is:

*feels very fortunate the wifey doesn't like flowers as she feels they are a waste of money*

I never minded buying flowers of course, this just makes it easier.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh the memories.
When I gave birth to our first son my husband brought to the hospital a lovely bouquet of carnations, my favourite flower.
When I gave birth to our second son my husband brought roses

and my sister-in-law and he sat by the bed and ate them all: These roses

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning .... errr .... afternoon all and Valentines!

So, this is where the tea is then, huh? This thread seems a bit yesterday-ish, but Europa-eans can't be choosers, I guess .... :eyes:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and I see Petra is hanging out here now. No wonder the babble-thread over in the Europa forum is so quiet.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi John! New daily thread made and a cup of tea waiting for you. It is not my intention to pull Petra away, I'll be sure and continue to participate in your babel thread.

P.S. We sometimes get on here late John so never refrain from creating a new daily thread. There are no "requirements" to starting it!