• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Day Catskills 2009-03-23

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*A man opens the tavern doors slowly, they creek as he does slow, groaning from their own weight. As he enters he looks around at the familiar walls, long has it been since he set eyes on them.*

*The man wears dark plan clothing, dusty from his travels. He has white hair and looks older though his skin is smooth.*

Good Day Catskills, I do so hope we are all well this fine day.

*he walks towards the bar but changes direction and sits at a nearby table*

OOC: Did our forum accounts ever get fixed from the upgraded or did we all just start over and stay that way?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Looks up at the sound of an old familiar voice. Turning towards the figure he smiles warmly.*

Good day to you Podolak, it has been a long time old friend.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grins slightly at Aedon's presence*

Aye...far too long and I return to an unfamiliar world.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods a bit*
Aye, much has changed, and yet much remains the same. Though we now have some stranger claiming the throne of the lands there are many of us who look to find the truth in things, and uncover whatever plot this so called monarch has in store for Sosaria.

But you are weary from the road Podolak. Come sit and rest. A glass of wine should refresh you then we can speak more on what has taken place durring your time away.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles a bit*

A new claim to the throne? Oh this I have to hear! Is it a descendant of Lord British or a completely different lineage all together?

My my my how the wheels turn.

*motions for his old friend to sit with him*

Yes...lets catch up shall we? Please enjoy yourself a glass of wine, you know I am not much of one to drink it.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pulls out a chair and sits down.*

From all I hear this Casca appeared from nowhere and claimed to be a sort of King of Sosaria. He has rallied many foolish souls to his side so far. But there are many of us that do not trust this man.

Already he has sent tax collectors to collect form the Purple Guardians. *chuckles a bit* The collectors found themselves locked in a tidy jail cell.

*sits back a bit and looks at Podo*

Then there are those of us residing in the Yew Area The Village of Aegis, Silverwood and the Rangers of the Heart. We will have no part of this false king, and are already making plans to bring to light whatever foul plan he has in the works.

*Hands Podolak a coupy of Beleg's letter.*

And Yew is not alone in this. I am sure The Purple Guardians will be of help in this matter as will the Fae of The freehold. There are many that will harken to the call and demand that he produce this Council he has appointed in secret to answer to the people of the land.

*tilts head a bit and looks at him.*

I am sorry you have come back into such troubling times my friend. Tell me though, what has kept you away for so long?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*takes in what Aedon has said and ponders it for a bit*

Hmm...such a claim is not unheard of and of course rarely substantiated. That this young man has gathered many others to his cause is disconcerting. There must be something amiss, something...deeper than what you've seen so far. It is wise for you to investigate this further. I have never heard of this man and I was around during Lord British's rule. If he has a valid claim it goes farther back than that. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Gathering your allies also seems prudent at this point, though I hope no blood is spilled.

*rests back in his chair and gazes past Aedon*

As for me...well...lets just say I took a nap? Every few hundred years it seems I feel the need to retreat from existence and allow my mind to collect itself. However, something always draws me back to the civilized world. Sosaria's calling perhaps?

OOC: I canceled my accounts a couple months before my son was born, (which was Nov 3rd, 2006 fyi). I wanted to not have the gaming world distract me from learning to be a parent. Now I feel I am in a place where I can at least check out the "scene" so to speak.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods in understanding then looks slowly around the room.*

Casca has eyes everywhere these days.

*Looks back to Podolak*

This evening at nine by the eastern skies the Knight's Rest is open in Aegis. Do you recall where that is? Take the Yew Trammel gate and head south to the first clearing. That is the Glade. Come there tonight if you can and perhaps we can fill you in a bit more on what has transpired and what we have planned to deal with this problem. If you cannot make it we will meet again here. Perhaps when fewer eyes and ears are about.

*sands slowly and looks to him.*

It is good to see you again Old friend. I have thought on you many times over the years.

((OOC-Congratulations to you and your wife on your wee one. You did the right thing taking time away. The early years are all too fleeting and you do not want to miss any of the joy.))

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods in agreement*

Aye...I am sure present day spies are very adept at their art. Privacy is a luxury many of us do not have.

*sits back a moment*

I do recall the path but I am not yet able to venture far from the tavern. Someday perhaps, someday...

*stands up and takes his hand*

Be safe my friend and I look forward to our next meeting. Until then...

*waves as his friend makes his way out*

(OOC: No active UO account as of yet, darn expenses)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
((OOC No worries my friend, Till the time comes and you are able to walk the lands again we can meet here from time to time, and you can follow the current stories. Perhaps others who remember you from the past will venture in and see you sitting here. See you here again soon.))