• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goo on a Cu

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've been reading the two threads on Mysticism or Chivalry on a Cu, leaning toward Chiv right now. Also Armor Ignore.

But Goo? If I choose Chiv, won't I get the occasionally Holy Light?

It'll be an all-around hunter, maybe an occasional champ spawn.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
I have Goo on a hiryu and I feel the size of the attack isn't that large, maybe 2x2? I wasn't overly impressed with Goo tbh. I want to say my myst Cu's hailstorm will hit for 30-50 on most things and is at least 3x3 area of effect. All I know is when he's surounded by 6-7 things, he'll use it and they'll all take damage.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Unless they have changed things since i last used a pet with goo, the area is actually pretty good. Zoomed fully out in EC it was hitting the majority of the screen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to put Goo on first, then AI. Against 1 mob its looks small. But if there's a lot of things it goes everywhere. As Goo usually does.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, paused last night after getting my Cu to 4-slot. My thinking was that it it was casting goo, it wasn't casting other useful spells. If i put Chiv with EOO I'm likely to do single bosses and goo will have little benefit.

I suppose it doesn't hurt, though. Doesn't cost much except some mana while hunting.

Sent from mTalk

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The goo spec can be very nice...abit of a mana hog at times so anything ay give it too ya want to have a decent sized mana pool... it handles fairly well for spawns... it will still use goo during single target but not as much as it does when its surrounded by mobs... so the AI on it I not to bad... Its very good for clearing champ spawns =^-^=