Gonna start beggin'

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Caelas

Tonight, I begin with the begging. Trying to think up a few other skills to add to my fella for fun. Herding maybe? Perhaps Music? I'm unsure.

I figure I'll split my time between RP begging and wandering around Heartwood for goodies. I've got fighters, gatherers, creators...oh, i don't have a tailor. Maybe add tailoring to this guy? See what I mean? So much to choose from!

So how do you guys do Heartwood? Just start on one road...erm, branch...and hit up every NPC?

W

Warrior of Time

May I suggest that if you want a beggar that will be used. That you start with a template that you want and add begging to it. Oh you can start it with the begging skill first. Just keep in mind the end use of the char. Mine I take to about any place and do what I want in the game. One is a thief. The other is a mage. The mage I use to also show the fact that I am a GM beggar. That will never happen with the thief. It has no karma or fame. I am not a person that feels a beggar should just a bunch of random skills that no one uses. If you make a beggar, make a useful one. You will be using it all the time that way. I do think it is fun to take a char the says GM beggar in to Lady M. Really turns heads. It is also not a useless trip for me either. Same with Doom. Hope that in some way this will help.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
My beggar started out with 50 begging and 50 cooking. I have since added fishing, archery, tactics, healing, anatomy and a little bit of chivalry for traveling and a slight boost when fighting sea serpents.

When I do heartwood (or trick or treating for that matter) I use a macro made by Astryl. It's phenomenal.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=164641

I usually run up and down the roads/branches and hit up every NPC I find. Currently I'm 1 bottle of Sake away from completing my set of begging items.

C

Caelas

Thanks for the tips. i've decided to make my beggar a thief also...not sure if he will be a PvM or PvP thief, or have any fighting skills. Right now just wandering around Heartwood begging from them elves. Lots of water, bread, a couple pitchers of liquor, and one flower garland so far...but that was only about 10-15 mins work.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
You will have enough bread and water to feed all of china 50 times over by the time you GM.

I often wonder what my house would look like had I saved up every item I've received from begging.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 13, 2009
Pacific Shard
i had hit a wall begging in heartwood at 85.7 so i moved out and went to the npc's at the gate to get in.. and started gaining again.wowo i thought taming was hard to gain but it is fun seeing what you do get. also have found tokuno town npc's seem to give ya pretty good skill gains i try to beg as often as i can and normally gain .5 to 1 full point every hour on my toon. all he has as skill points is 50 chiv and begging.. i use barracks beat up ring to make him a Goblin :) something different in game.. good luck in skill gains