• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gone until Lag is Gone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I totally understand the issue with the lag. Thankfully, I am not one of the many experiencing it. However if I was... I'd realize I was faced w/ three options.
1) to try to deal with it.
2) go to a production city, where the lag is said to not be an issue.
3) do something else.

It's obviously been reported. I'm sure it's being worked on... and I don't understand why in game I'm watching people have mental breakdowns over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be rude but you have the choice here to read this and listen to our mental breakdowns or not.
We are here venting cause it's bothersome to us. Why read or reply if you are tired of hearing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I do have a choice here, I like seeeing my words on screen... but also (and what prompted this specific ditty) when I'm sitting in my lot in TC3 and people are bellyaching about it ... I don't have much of a choice when it's interrupting my conversations.

So I came to vent about those venting... it's that old beating of the dead horse thing I enjoy so much &lt;3

G

The fact is, the problem of lag has been brought up in more than one thread. If you read my last post, or even go back farther in this thread, you will see that a <u>Dev</u> acknowledged your concerns. He even gave you some food for thought. Yet you continue to ignore what the Devs say by posting more and more about it.

They can't fix everything overnight. If you can, maybe you should apply to EA and get a dev job. Then all us would be crying over useless stuff because you could fix everything overnight.

As far as reading and having a choice to read the posts, we also have the right post our opinions. I have just done so. If you would like to critique my post, go for it. But unless you give me a legitimate reason to change that opinion, it will stay the same and I will continue to post it.

K

Keep It Real

I wonder if the team knows the lag/freezing seems to getting worse and is not at a constant level? Hmmm....I guess someone needed to let them know that, I mean how else would they know? Yesterday I was in TC3 and had to leave as it was just impossible to play there, but I'm sure they knew that already.

G

I'm sure they have read this thread several times over and the other various threads where lag is constantly brought up. So I'm going to say yes, they know.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure they have read this thread several times over and the other various threads where lag is constantly brought up. So I'm going to say yes, they know.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO they already knew it was worse yesterday before anyone posted about it? WOW they are GOOD!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<u>I'm sure they have read this thread several times over</u> and the other various threads where lag is constantly brought up. So I'm going to say yes, they know.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO they already knew it was worse yesterday before anyone posted about it? WOW they are GOOD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please read what I stated again. I even <u>bolded and underlined</u> the line that you didn't pay attention too.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<u>I'm sure they have read this thread several times over</u> and the other various threads where lag is constantly brought up. So I'm going to say yes, they know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please read what I stated again. I even <u>bolded and underlined</u> the line that you didn't pay attention too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.....read back and show me where it was talked about it being worse YESTERDAY. Bold and underline all you want, (no effect mind you) what I said was that YESTERDAY IT WAS THE WORST IT HAS BEEN AND IS GETING WORSE, it is not a steady issue as it had been previously. I think that information is relavant to this thread no matter what YOU think. TYVM and have a great day.

D

donnallg

NO I didn't ignore anything that the devs said....and in fact I cleaned up my computer of all I don't use. Made sure there was no spyware on my computer. Cleaned my registry and all else I could do and I still have GREAT AMOUNTS OF LAG. SO I know now it's not from my computer.

I know they are working on it and I know it will take some time but I as you have the right to complain or not to complain about it and I choice to continue to complain.

I totally understand your choice to state what you want. That is not what I'm saying. You guys are complaining cause we are complaining about lag. I just want to know if you guys are tired of hearing about it, why you all continue to read it? That is all I'm wondering.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

NO I didn't ignore anything that the devs said....and in fact I cleaned up my computer of all I don't use. Made sure there was no spyware on my computer. Cleaned my registry and all else I could do and I still have GREAT AMOUNTS OF LAG. SO I know now it's not from my computer.

I know they are working on it and I know it will take some time but I as you have the right to complain or not to complain about it and I choice to continue to complain.

I totally understand your choice to state what you want. That is not what I'm saying. You guys are complaining cause we are complaining about lag. I just want to know if you guys are tired of hearing about it, why you all continue to read it? That is all I'm wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep reporting it, I'm sure since yesterday was a Sunday they had no idea the lag had increased so much so please continue giving all the info you can about it. Maybe we can give them some info here that will help them pinpoint the cause.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

TTL

I suspect until they restricted new players to only playing in TC3, all trial accounts were spread out over all the cities. TC3 is getting more populated with more players playing at prime time now. Had everyone left TSO to play in TC3 months ago to test the server capacity I'm sure we would have experienced lag much sooner.

It's obvious something needs to be done. I, for one, don't want to play in EA-Land with our total population there if this is any indication of how the game will behave.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Tagging randomly, but the lag seems to have ceased for the most part as of today. Is anyone else experiencing smoother gameplay?

I

imported_princess45001

lag is awful i dont even go to work anymore cause cant make $ when u lag 1/2 time should be working.started with custom content and got horrid after merge.plz fix this makes me not want to sign on.i just spent 22 minuted doing nothing but peeing and shower lag was so bad.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Tagging randomly, but the lag seems to have ceased for the most part as of today. Is anyone else experiencing smoother gameplay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only had tiny freezes, maybe 5 seconds or so. I feel badly for people who are completely lagged.

In the "old days" it used to work to turn down the graphics options as much as possible (access via the dot dot dot thing on your sim screen) (...). It used to work to solve many lag problems, but that was then, and maybe this is a new set of issues. Worth trying, though.

M

MandiK

Mine is really bad today, but worse in houses with lots &amp; lots of people of course.

G

I have no lag today at all...smooth as pie...and then I get booted to desktop!!! 4 times in the last hour...starting to tick me off actually.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only had tiny freezes, maybe 5 seconds or so. I feel badly for people who are completely lagged.

In the "old days" it used to work to turn down the graphics options as much as possible (access via the dot dot dot thing on your sim screen) (...). It used to work to solve many lag problems, but that was then, and maybe this is a new set of issues. Worth trying, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true Dali. It might also help to turn your sound options all the way down. I know houses with stereos blazing always lagged me. Think I'll try adding -no sound to my windowed shortcut and see if that helps any.