• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Golden Pickaxe

I have a friend that may be pulling my leg. He swears this item exists but I cannot find any information on how to obtain one. Anyone with any info?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this item exists, its aura color comes with 3k charges almost, those usually sell for 75-125m they were introduced at some event on europa if im not wrong 7+approx years ago. they can be poffed and imbued

So I cannot get one other than to buy it? Was it just event? Got someone else to tell me they were rare drop from headless miners. Trying to get some confirmation before I mindlessly and pointlessly kill a few thousand of these.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Roughly 3k charges?

For a price like that, those mining charges better be replaceable otherwise it would be nothing but a status item just to say u have it.

Unless one likes to drain gold like that and actually use the thing. 3k charges can go poof 9n a heartbeat.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure abt the event one, don’t follow event items as closely as others.

There is an item drop like what u describe at the covetous headless miners. It’s more like +10k unless the RNG gods smile on u. I’ve seen folks say they’ve farmed there months & nada... then the rando drop for someone else after 15mins 1st time there. I believe the headless miner drop has roughly the same charges (3000).
** was wrong on charges as B Evill’s pic shows**

Last edited:

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure abt the event one, don’t follow event items as closely as others.

There is an item drop like what u describe at the covetous headless miners. It’s more like +10k unless the RNG gods smile on u. I’ve seen folks say they’ve farmed there months & nada... then the rando drop for someone else after 15mins 1st time there. I believe the headless miner drop has roughly the same charges (3000).
Wheres the best spot to farm them if one is bored?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice find ! I remember when they 1st came out it was sort of an Easter egg drop with the charges saying ‘LEET’ upside down backwards.

They only drop at the headless miner spawn. A quick run threw covetous and u can’t miss it, a small alcove above the normal path with 5 or 6 of them spawning.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 111278
Covetous Level 1 is where I was told and Acid also just mentioned it so this is where I am going to hit for a short while each day.
I might have glanced over it if it was previously mentioned, but if nothing else. I'll try to get in there and mark a rune later for that spot. Should be a covetous rune in my dungeon book that I got with the one thing I got from the UO store.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to say there is a gold tinker tool as well... hell if I can remember where though.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to say there is a gold tinker tool as well... hell if I can remember where though.
I'd take one if I found one but I dont tinker enough to need it. But the pickaxes, I'd definitely use that more but I'd never buy one.

Well, depends on price but still...

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is an Easter egg cycle. Shovel, pick, tink tool, and fishing pole. Pole is from dredging anchor at Trinsic, shovel and pick from headless miners, and think tool from Ararat quest location. Has to be revealed with detrct hidden I believe.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an Easter egg cycle. Shovel, pick, tink tool, and fishing pole. Pole is from dredging anchor at Trinsic, shovel and pick from headless miners, and think tool from Ararat quest location. Has to be revealed with detrct hidden I believe.
Dredging anchor? sounds like a high seas thing.

Also lost on the use of cycle. So only certain times are any one tech avail ?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
salvage hook gives golden fishing pole...
is it a pack drop or on the corpse?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
gold pick and pole.jpg

the RNG on the gold pickaxe is rough.
the gold tinker kit is even worse.
the fishing pole isnt bad but you have to buy the salvage hooks so it can get $$.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
View attachment 111282

the RNG on the gold pickaxe is rough.
the gold tinker kit is even worse.
the fishing pole isnt bad but you have to buy the salvage hooks so it can get $$.
Where does one look for the tinker kit? Can it be anywhere along the quest line?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Be prepared to slaughter tens of thousands of headless miners in Covetous for it.
The RNG gods hate dropping this item.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Where does one look for the tinker kit? Can it be anywhere along the quest line?
no, you look for it in in the tinkers house that is in the quest.
you'll need a lockpicking guy and if you have detect and remove trap that helps.
youll also need to bring another character that can res ya cause you will die a LOT and need to be res'd.

Attachments

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you throw salvage hooks anywhere? I've thrown a ton as I've done zippy a bunch. Never seen the pole.
If you bring a boat up to the shore and have the salvage master juuuuuuust on screen, you can buy all the hooks he carries. You’ll have about 500 drop onto the deck of your ship, then just “slow forward” into the open sea and just dbbl click drop hooks like mad. It doesn’t take long to get a fishing pole. But you will more than likely have about 200 sea monsters following your boat at the end of it all.

Reactions: dvv

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to go spend some time trying for the gold pickaxe but, if history has taught me anything, the RNG and I will never get along.

*Maybe not.......spawn rate of the Headless Miners is agonizingly s l o w.*

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be prepared to slaughter tens of thousands of headless miners in Covetous for it.
The RNG gods hate dropping this item.
This is no joke. I have seen people farm this for months to a year to try to get the pickaxe & shovel. The pick I am told is even harder to get than the shovel. I got lucky and scored a pickaxe after a few days just casually farming. I tried more hardcore after that for a shovel & gave up.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Countless hours spent trying to farm those and finally decided I'd spent more than enough of my life attempting to farm them and quit.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Name of an npc shop north side of Britain.....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you bring a boat up to the shore and have the salvage master juuuuuuust on screen, you can buy all the hooks he carries. You’ll have about 500 drop onto the deck of your ship, then just “slow forward” into the open sea and just dbbl click drop hooks like mad. It doesn’t take long to get a fishing pole. But you will more than likely have about 200 sea monsters following your boat at the end of it all.
A more cost-efficient idea would be, after buying all those hooks, to be doing the Zippy quest at the same time (and be on the kill sea monsters part), drive the boat down from Trinsic to the South Jhelom sea, and use the hooks for you and your Zippy-fighting buddies to fill the quests by killing all the monsters that come up. it will only add about 3-5 minutes for the boat ride and getting everyone aboard that was off doing other stuff. And, unless they fixed it, you could repeat that part of the Zippy quest repeatedly if you haven't gone to fight Zippy yet.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is no joke. I have seen people farm this for months to a year to try to get the pickaxe & shovel. The pick I am told is even harder to get than the shovel. I got lucky and scored a pickaxe after a few days just casually farming. I tried more hardcore after that for a shovel & gave up.
Did the pickaxe drop in your pack or did you need to loot it?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So Golden Pickaxe is a rare corpse loot from headless miners in Cove. But what if any use does it have? Deco? Or enable some special mining? Just curious..Ty for info.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So Golden Pickaxe is a rare corpse loot from headless miners in Cove. But what if any use does it have? Deco? Or enable some special mining? Just curious..Ty for info.
the color and the uses.
And the fact that its rare

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like all the other totally useless, super rare, & unique items in UO. It's just there for people to collect, brag about, & obsess over =). You lnow, UO life as usual. Lol.

Brandon

Visitor
Found this online. And yes, I want it just to say I have it. But I also want to be able to say I got it, not bought it. View attachment 111277
Does this thing even exist anymore i been trying for 3 days, i just recently got the shovel, but the pickaxe is i assume is more rare, it took 4 hours to get the shovel. Do you have to have any type of skills like detect hidden are something to get the pickaxe?

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Does this thing even exist anymore i been trying for 3 days, i just recently got the shovel, but the pickaxe is i assume is more rare, it took 4 hours to get the shovel. Do you have to have any type of skills like detect hidden are something to get the pickaxe?
its just a random drop on the headless miner in stead of the red pickaxe.
the drop rate is something like 0.01%
some people have farmed or months, so good luck!

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shovel and Pickaxe also have 2 facings so there are 4 total to get. Not worth camping and farming I just make a pass through time to time and got lucky. Same thing in Wrong flipping bedrolls for bars of soap.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shovel and Pickaxe also have 2 facings so there are 4 total to get. Not worth camping and farming I just make a pass through time to time and got lucky. Same thing in Wrong flipping bedrolls for bars of soap.
Yeah, the drop rate is stupidly low. I was mining salt peter & thought I would kill a few headless miners for fun. Got a golden pickaxe after just a few tries (less than 5). Months later I actually tried a few times for hrs and got nothing. It is not worth camping unless you are a complete masochist.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the drop rate is stupidly low. I was mining salt peter & thought I would kill a few headless miners for fun. Got a golden pickaxe after just a few tries (less than 5). Months later I actually tried a few times for hrs and got nothing. It is not worth camping unless you are a complete masochist.
It's usually when you're not actually trying that you get something you want anyway LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's usually when you're not actually trying that you get something you want anyway LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Standard MMO protocol. Never give the player what they actually want when they want it and maybe they will keep paying & trying....