• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Golden Goose??

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the lifespan on other shards have 2 days left on statues, when are you planning on Atlantic's Goose reward to be available and is it going to be only 2 days left to claim "if" it's activated today?

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yoshi is doing the Easter event this year, not sure why he hasn't posted it yet. As far as I know... it's on Easter... you know, because it is an Easter event.

Ill ask him and see if we can get some info up.

A timer expiring on another shard means very little for this one. Timber can be removed, turned off, reset, extended, and subtracted...

Also, on Atlantic we dont lock down reward givers in the middle of Luna and ring the dinner bell, there will be effort required... as always :)

Last edited:

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yoshi is doing the Easter event this year, not sure why he hasn't posted it yet. As far as I know... it's on Easter... you know, because it is an Easter event.

Ill ask him.
The reason I ask, is because most of the other shards, you know, have theirs up. Smart ass

Last edited:

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been asked to step in and get the goose up tonight.

It will take me a couple hours, but Ill get it up tonight in some dark chasm of death... Do Harpy's lay golden eggs?

Not sure what this means for Yoshi's Easter event though, so stay tuned.

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What, no event, just put it in an evil location .. Tisk Tisk. *wags finger*

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1: I was asked to get it up today, and quickly.
#2: I refuse to just lock down a reward giver in the middle of Luna and ring a dinner bell.
#3: The mini-easter event starts with Miss Salt in Luna. (3 days before Easter)

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
If you manage your way through all the gates and dont crash, you can finaly get to the statue and click it ;)
Nice location Bennu - and yeah i can read between your lines - and i agree, Easter gifts should be handed out at...Easter...and for all that cant be at the Event, give em 5 days for beeing able to get the gift after the Event...
I realy was pretty surprised some of the shards got them so early...my guess is because of responsible people will be on vacation - easter holidays - so they placed it before they went for it..
In the end, everybody will be happy (ok maybe not everybody hehe)
Cheers

Kateara

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Talk to her... say 'hello' 'hi' or call her by name... Its an oracle, use key words.
I must say...as a returning player of UO....i am appalled at the lack of community that exists now...
I was a long standing member of the Ultima online community until other games pulled me away. As a returning player I am questioning why I am bothering. I didnt want a walk through of the quest. But all Veronica says is "gooses" when you say hello. I wanted a starting point, not a hand out. When I asked in general chat I got "she wants a party"! Really helpful. So maybe Atlantic doesnt want players to return....? Maybe they just want anyone who is interested in UO to go away....? Guess what...that means Pooof goes the shards!!!
So maybe think twice before the smartass answers begin. Try to help out someone who may be new or hasnt played in a long time....
Just a thought!!! but hey...maybe you want the game to go away...in that case...please keep up the good work!!!!

(my two cents worth, which I'm sure by the recent responses wont be worth spit)

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must say...
uhh...

hmm...

It is a keyword oracle, like I said earlier. Maybe I should have been clearer in what that means. It uses key words to illicit responses and text...

If you say "Hi" and get the response "Gooses!" try the keyword... "Gooses" which will illicit another key word "Geeses!" which again is the only word in the response so is the key word "Geeses" - rarely it will also use a string of words instead of a single word, 'I want it now' would be an example.

The whole point is its supposed to be funny, you are basically singing 'I want it now!' from Willy Wonka with her, a song about wanting a golden goose for Easter... the video is in the thread above.

*sighs*

Not sure why you desire to be so combative with me. If you are frustrated or do not understand something, ask someone. More flies with honey rather than vinegar you know?

There is absolutely no reason to throw your two dollars into a rant that isn't constructive.

Relax, take a deep breath and try and enjoy your return to UO. Nothing in this world is enjoyable with a high stress sarcastic tone... slow down and I think you will enjoy yourself more.

My events on Atlantic are much more about the journey, rather than the destination.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must say...as a returning player of UO....i am appalled at the lack of community that exists now...
I was a long standing member of the Ultima online community until other games pulled me away. As a returning player I am questioning why I am bothering. I didnt want a walk through of the quest. But all Veronica says is "gooses" when you say hello. I wanted a starting point, not a hand out. When I asked in general chat I got "she wants a party"! Really helpful. So maybe Atlantic doesnt want players to return....? Maybe they just want anyone who is interested in UO to go away....? Guess what...that means Pooof goes the shards!!!
So maybe think twice before the smartass answers begin. Try to help out someone who may be new or hasnt played in a long time....
Just a thought!!! but hey...maybe you want the game to go away...in that case...please keep up the good work!!!!

(my two cents worth, which I'm sure by the recent responses wont be worth spit)

Please feel free to express your feelings but please don't start with ranting or i will have to remove those posts :)

Like Bennu said relax!

Last edited:

Kateara

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Please feel free to express your feelings but please don't start with ranting or i will have to remove those posts :)

Like Bennu said relax!
I didnt mean it to be preceived as a rant...merely a statment of the state of UO as seen thru the eyes of a returning player. I also was not trying to be combative with Bennu...
I am totally and completely frustrated so far with my return to a game that I once and (somewhat) still do love. Over and over across the last 10 years I have kept coming back to UO and that said a lot about the community in the game. I have watched as time and again new players come in and ask questions (that's how they learn) and they rarely receive much information that helps them. I try to help but it is usually drowned in a sea of smartass answers.

Those answers were what greeted me when I asked about the golden goose this morning. Then I come here hoping for an answer and I "preceived" an attitude in Bennu's answer to my post of yesterday...

I apologize if my post upset or annoyed anyone....wasn't meant to. There was too much frustration going on and I should have waited to post.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand the frustration.

If you were asking in "General Chat" I might suggest moving to "CruxAnsata" which is my event channel, or to "Atlantic RP" which is full of friendly folks even if you don't RP... its also not full of Quasi-PvP Trash Talk. (I dont consider running around in circles around Yew Gate, and then trash talking in General Chat to be PvP).

Those two Channels are where I am mostly when I am in game for the sake of my own sanity. :)

Last edited:
T

Tazar

Thank you :)

I will definately be trying both those chat channels!
Bennu hit the nail on the head. If you want trash-talk and sarcasm - General-chat it the place to be. If you want sanity - then The Help Chat, Crux Chat, or ARPC Chat is the place to be... well - there is some insanity in ARPC Chat... but that's the way some RP'ers are. lol

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you :)

I will definately be trying both those chat channels!

I mostly hang out in those two channels myself, and am always glad to help if I'm around :)

Last edited:

Kateara

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I mostly hang out in those two channels myself, and am always glad to help if I'm around :)
ok guys, is my chat broken or am I just being an idiot? lol
I cant find a way to join chat channels. I did a search and tried looking it up but I'm not sure if the info was old or if something is wrong with my client. I am using the enhanced client....but no option for joining chat channels other than the default ones. Is there a command I need to know that I cant find?
Help this poor confused noob please? :p

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant find a way to join chat channels. I did a search and tried looking it up but I'm not sure if the info was old or if something is wrong with my client. I am using the enhanced client....but no option for joining chat channels other than the default ones. Is there a command I need to know that I cant find?
Unfortunately I use CC and have no idea how to work EC... Maybe someone else will know the answer to that one :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try this:
http://uo2.stratics.com/communication/using-the-in-game-chat

Kateara

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I must most humbly appologize for my earlier outburst. There are helpful people and the wonderful community that I remembered and loved does still exist! You great folks are outstanding proof of that! I appreciate all your help here today.
Please accept my apologies and assurances that I will be much more constructive in the future with posts!
I let frustration get the better of me and my earlier outburst were totally uncalled for.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Heres what I do Kateara, grab a bag of popcorn while sitting at an IDOC with the general chat on- its really entertaining!

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or go download pincos UI for the Enhanced Client, open the options gump, go to filter and simply ignore all the leet PvP. I'm not sure if you can do this in the standard EC, pincos is all I use now.

It makes the general chat really boring, but you don't miss the cheap items being spammed from time to time.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had much time to play in quite awhile but when I saw this I decided to try to figure it out.
Thank you Bennu. I didn't look up hints and was still able to do this in the amount of time I had available AND have fun.
This was perfect for me.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Ill ask him and see if we can get some info up.

A timer expiring on another shard means very little for this one. Timber can be removed, turned off, reset, extended, and subtracted...

Also, on Atlantic we dont lock down reward givers in the middle of Luna and ring the dinner bell, there will be effort required... as always :)
Just wondering if this Easter Event is happening, Haven't seen or heard anything on it ??