• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Going out on a limb here... but Mercenary's done for awhile?

• Thread starter Zanthes[EcZ]
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

Been quiet...

Too quiet. And with Queen Dawn's excavation and the crystal being displayed - I think we can safely say the Mercenary's have other things to do for a time.

So relax everyone, if possible.

:)

Elevere
Elf Clan Zanthes

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

EM --> Evil Minions
(I knew it!)

Relax TODAY anyways... No gates, No Mercenarys.
*goes back to sending out the little elves to gather resources*

Elevere Zanthes

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

Well well well...

We DID relax! All week to be truthful. No sign of our enemies, all quiet and the crystal still resting in its nice display case.
Off to relax some more...

:popcorn:

Must have scared them off for a few days, no? rolleyes:

Elevere Zanthes
[EcZ]

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt we've seen the last of the mercenaries. But every time I see a new Thiefmaster quest, I marvel at the amount of preparation time that I presume had to go into each one.

Add to that the Magincia story, and I think we've got three stories juggling right now, unless the Thiefmaster quests and the mercenary invasions tie together.

:bored:

...tie together? Hmm. What -is- the devastation coming to the Gargoyle race that Beh-Lem warned only assembling the map pieces could avert?

Hmmm.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Four. And that is not counting player storylines.

Brytt said:
...tie together? Hmm. What -is- the devastation coming to the Gargoyle race that Beh-Lem warned only assembling the map pieces could avert?
I'm wondering how these map fragments managed to reach Britannia in the first place? Tel Mur (and the Underworld) has been isolated from the Sosarian continent at least since the Shattering and the Ascension of Cantabrigian British. (And that is based on speculation that the new continent might be one of the Lost Continents; just as Ilshenar might be Serpents Isle.)

It is plausible that the death of the Gargoyle and Covenant of the Four Thieves occured before the Breaking; but that would mean Jacko and the Order of Thieves at least as old as Wolfgang and the Empire of Akalabeth.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is plausible that the death of the Gargoyle and Covenant of the Four Thieves occured before the Breaking; but that would mean Jacko and the Order of Thieves at least as old as Wolfgang and the Empire of Akalabeth.
Well, we know that the Covenant was formed in the Underworld. There used to be an entrance to the Underworld from Hythloth, which one can presume was sealed either during the Breaking or before the breaking...

...but then, is it Prideful of us to presume that just because we never found an entrance to the Underworld from Hythloth after the Breaking that there wasn't one? The fall of the Shadowlords opened a new chasm nearby which gives entrance, but I wonder if there couldn't have been one still in Hythloth. That is, after all, how Beh-Lem came through at one time.

As for the second theory, stranger things have happened. How old is the Widow?

Or then again, Jacko doesn't sound very... mm... stable. My friend's grandmother was pretty sure she'd met Lucille Ball, but it turns out the facts which led to that memory belonged to the woman's sister.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could work under either assumption.

It is not implausible that an elderly character was around to witness the First War of Darkness and the Foundations of Britannia. To an extent we have to break Ultima Prime Lore; otherwise the character of a veteran around since launch is no less than 156 Britannic Years Old. If your character was born the month Juo'nar invaded Trinsic you would be 120 Years Old. But most people have aged their characters no more than a decade.

A Britannic Century has passed in the decade Ultima Online has been around; four centuries since the Breaking. If we factor that together (and use 120 Britannic Years ages a character 10 Earth Years as a measure) then a character born at the Breaking of the World would be in their late thirties or early fourties. (Nicholas was born at the outset of the War which would put him in his late fourties or early fifties according to my interpretation.)

The Thieves Tale said:
On one such night, four of the guild was meeting. Hiding themselves in the darkest part of the troubled underworld. Much fighting had gone on there and devastation was near. The thieves thought they might have the chance to relieve the weary soldiers of their purse or armaments on this day.
But I do question when it occured. The above suggests to me that the Underworld was well known and well traversed at the time the covenant occured; which would make it more than four decades ago or less than six months ago.

Who was the Gargoyle? Why were the thieves so willing to go along with it? All things I am very curious about.