• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Godiva Canned...?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rumor is that it was her decision.

I have been spending the last hour or so writing about the power of the written and spoken word and the consequences of words spoken harshly.

Something happened today. Something wrong, something disturbing.
Baja lost something that was so precious which most likely will never be seen again.

The flowers in the Magincia garden have started to die.

Alouenikah

Caretaker of Sudiva
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a joke. Godiva herself emailed me the news a few days ago (not just out of the blue, of course, but in response to me asking for help with an event.) She told me that she was no longer an EM, but wouldn't go into detail about why or what had happened, instead choosing to keep a professional distance. I have no idea what happened here. When I spoke to her in-game a week ago, she seemed her usual self. Maybe she'd been withdrawing slightly over the past month and hadn't seemed quite as enthusiastic? Maybe that was my imagination? I don't know.

Any information or baseless speculation as to what happened would be welcome. I think we're all in shock here. Godiva was an excellent EM, especially given the short amount of time she'd been in the program; she was creative, ingenious, personable and professional. Baja is a good shard, but we're large and diverse and difficult to moderate. She did the best that she could, dreaming up inspired plotlines, owning her mistakes as they happened, and always remaining pleasant and polite in the face of often-harsh criticism. We were lucky to have her. It's a major blow, both to the shard and to the program, to lose her.

Edit: I am extremely disappointed to see the EM Hall cleaned out like that, removing both Godiva's legacy and Seppo's. Hopefully the newly refurbished museum won't suffer the same fate.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not ITK.

I won't speculate or ask for information. Sad to see her go though.
Edit: I am extremely disappointed to see the EM Hall cleaned out like that, removing both Godiva's legacy and Seppo's. Hopefully the newly refurbished museum won't suffer the same fate.
Likewise. Very unclassy move. Despicable even. I won't comment further.

I hope that the next incoming EM will be shown all the graciousness and dignity we can muster. We've lost enough EMs now.

Oh, and a hearty welcome back to EM Crysania who is going to help us through this difficult time until a full time replacement can be found.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It is sad to see EM Godiva leave. I wish her the best of luck and hope that she is well.

*gets on soapbox*

We will just have to accept the reason given as "Personal Reasons". Unfounded rumors or speculation will not help the situation Baja finds itself in. They will also not help when we are assigned a new EM. It would be best to start with a clean slate with the new EM.

*steps off soapbox*

WildStar

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
On a separate note, the EM Hall has been that empty for awhile now. The items were moved to the Baja Shard Museum.

WildStar

Lady Silverbrook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Odd. All I know is that the majority of players on Baja truly enjoyed Godiva's presence.

All I can say is thank you, Godiva, for your contributions to Baja during your tenure as EM.

A

A town guard

:( I haven't been around in many months, but I just got a few messages on ICQ from Wildstar and Ric Flair and this is certainly sad news for Baja. I certainly wish Godiva the best in whatever the future holds. She truly was one of those rare talents that had such creative ideas and did an amazing job interacting with Baja players in a fair, yet imaginative, way. Who can ever forget the lengths she went through for various Christmas gifts and other such treats along the way during her tenure as Baja EM. I wish my real-life scheduled had allowed me more in-game time during Godiva's tenure because it was always such a treat to see what she had planned for future events and interaction with us players. Baja has really been blessed in the past with some great EMs to help shape storylines and fiction. Pallando, Seppo, Crys, Godiva, (I wasn't in game for Sangria's time), all did wonderful work during their stays in our world. You will certainly be missed, Godiva! I'd give you a hug if I could, for all the fun times and great memories you helped bring to my experience in UO! :)

Corporal Brackus

Sally_Elena

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is sad to hear that EM Godiva has left Baja shard. Thank you EM Godiva for being on Baja Shard and trying to make our shard fun and decorative! It is sad I didn't get to say goodbye but I wont forget the great times on Baja as Godiva being an EM. I wont forget the night EM Godiva came to brit bank and talked to me for about 30 minutes about real life (flying, traveling, helping people and more) and then we started talking about new items to throw at each other in UO a few ideas was: tomatoes, cake, mud and im sure there was more ideas and maybe soon Mesanna will create those for us to toss at each other! Once again Thank You EM Godiva for being on our shard; much appreciated! And welcome back EM Crys to our shard! *Throws pie!* :pie:

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, since I am no longer a resident of Baja, I feel compelled to balance out this thread. Not of all us have had positive experiences with EM Godiva. On every occasion (email, in-game, gen chat, etc...) she always remained polite, attentive, and professional; and, I personally feel, that she tended to favor some & ignore others. The ostracism tactic used by some of Baja Vets may have infected her. It is always sorrowful when loss occurs but sometimes it is for the best. Best wishes to all.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those that wish, there is a locked down book in the Trammel Magincia Garden to write a note to Lady Godiva.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I have to say is the next EM(s) will have some very big shoes to fill.

I :heart: EM Godiva

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a travesty, plain and simple. EM Godiva has done more for the Baja shard in 8 months than some have done in years. She took simple EM events and global arc events and handled them with imagination and a staggering amount of creativity.

Think back to the elaborate decorating for events (Halloween dungeons on both facets), the memorial service she actually made into a memorial, the labyrinth and the puzzle that accompanied it, Charlotte's nightmare dungeon, the faires and feasts, and then all of the exta things that she did for the shard. The extras being: the Christmas gifts, the Magincian gardens, the Valentine cards from player to player, , mini-spur of the moment adventures, interacting with players, showing up at player run events either on her EM toon or creating one for it, interacting with people in-game – the list is endless.

Godiva said many times, "This is the best job in the world, I love it and I can't believe I get paid to do it." And it showed, in all the work she did for Baja – in everything she touched here.

But, unfortunately there are spiteful, petty people in the world and if you have some modicum of power - good people always get thrown under the bus. It's the kid who screams the loudest who gets the attention even if they are vastly outnumbered.

I hope she realizes how much she was loved/is loved and how much she will be missed. I hope everyone realizes that Godiva stayed just long enough to finish the EM Rewards Hall/Museum for us before leaving the program. That speaks volumes.

We've lost, quite possibly – the best EM the shard might ever have had, and it's tragic.

Be well EM Godiva in all you do.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i went to the zoo and clubbed a baby seal. CURSE YOU MESANNA. CURSE YOU VILE WOMAN

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see her RP here on Baja, even though shes not a EM anymore, she could still rock some awesome RP events.
And her decor sense was top notch.
:( Im gonna miss lil Diva.:(

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She will be missed.

Godiva was, is, the most dedicated EM we've had. She was certainly as talented, if not more so, than her colleagues on other shards, ranking up there with Bennu, Malachi, Dudley and Drosselmeyer.

To native of the shards, Godiva was a friend. We adored her. Until things began to go south this past month, she was in global each day, interacting with players, socializing, answering questions on game mechanics (the basis for her classes) and more, which is in contrast to the nebulous and often distant relationship some shards share with their EM's. You noticed this the past couple months, when people here began referring to her as “our Godiva.”

She was responsible for more Feluccan events than her predecessors (though no direct battles in the vein of Capture the Fort, several events were held in Felucca, including clone events with different rewards and challenges that allowed people on both facets to participate). She held classes, following the model of EM's Malachi and Elizabella, rewarding participation while leaving the event accessible to all. She assisted player-run events as much as possible, even with the restriction against locking down items placed upon her. (Seppo and Pallando both demonstrated the power, so it was a bit mind-boggling that she would be told no.) She created elaborate dungeons and rooms for each event, putting more hours and effort than her job required. But most importantly, each event had a story, a coherent plot, and even the classes began to be weaved into the global fiction until their cancellation.

She was the creator of several unique characters. Charlotte Christianson, the flawed and sometimes controversial aristocrat that aroused the suspicion of roleplayers during her opening scene, and the Ferret, who was loved by all. Penny the Pirate. The Healer of Vesper. She weaved personal touches into her storytelling, such as the time she revealed that Fortunada was based on her real-life Grandmother.

She had numerous pet projects, and a lot she hoped to do for our shard. She hoped to create entertaining events that all three major playstyles, PvM, PvP and RP could enjoy, and rejected the notion that dying a thousand times to some paragon, one-shot killing uber-monster with a billion HP is “fun.”

Godiva ended her time here with one last gift to the Baja Shard: the Museum. Her goal was an accurate representation of the histories developed by her predecessors Seppo, Pallando and Crysania, and the player contributions that separate Baja from other shards. No one suspected she would be leaving when this monumental task was completed, but it seems clear that if she left on her own accord, then this was the one last gift she hoped to impart upon us before going.

Good luck trying to replace her.

A Zombie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If it helps I still have Godiva's brain here somewhere ... oh wait n/m I already ate it. sorry

Just wanted to wish Godiva the best of luck in whatever ya decide to do and you were a terrific EM and will be missed

L

LynneOfMagincia

I find it interesting that the book with Godiva's name is now missing from the EM sets at the top of the Museum.. And it seems there is one other thing missing as well.