• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GM's not answering pages on suspected hacking??????

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged a GM like 20 minutes ago using the physical harassment option as I watched a guildmates house get plotted out and customized with sexual connotations, so I paged a GM because this guildmate was not responding to me and was not in vent and I believed his account had been hacked.
I'm still waiting for a spot in queue.............

R

RenaLynne

I would page other(requires in game assitance) Ive never gotten a response from the physical one although I know thats the one they tell you to use. Good luck, sounds like a crazy situtation...

M

Millie

I'm not sure what the number is but maybe you should try calling Ea customer service.

R

Radun

the house was being customized with sexual connotations? ...

... WHAT!?

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, words that would have gotten the owner of the account banned if someone who didn't know him had paged on the house. They were written out in fire tiles on the plot.

As an update, the guildmate finally got in vent and it turns out someone else had placed the house for him and customized it like that "as a joke"....nice friend.

It still doesn't change the fact that I paged a GM after conferring with other guildies and we all decided it was best to page a GM to protect our guildmates acct if it WAS being hacked, but after paging TWICE after an hour no GM, no place in line.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

You can try calling them, might not get you anywhere being you are not the account owner.. I know if you have the account name of the friends account they will suspend the account until the owner calls to verify credit card info... either way worth a try I suppose! {866} 543-5435

G

galefan2004

The truth is there is very little they can do about hacking as it is. They can't do anything unless the person that actually got hacked pages. Even then they can't do much. Its one of the reasons they need to rewrite the 2d client when they introduce SA. As much as I hate to agree with certain posters, if they went to only using the SA client and they coded it correctly then they would be able to track items about 100x better and actually link them to the account that they came from. WoW was written with such things in mind, but UO suffers from a code that was out of date nine years ago.

C

Corrupted Goblin

Quick note on customizing houses and speaking in guild chat. you can not do it. You are unable to speak while customizing a house.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick note on customizing houses and speaking in guild chat. you can not do it. You are unable to speak while customizing a house.
I didn't know that, thanks.
I didn't physically see him until he was done and thats when I told the guildmates in vent about it and we all decided paging a GM would be best.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tell the gm's that your guild members title is inappropriate. that will get their attention.