• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Meditation] GM Meditation and I fail more than succeed

G

Gilthas

Forgive me, I've just come back after being away for almost six years, but I don't remember being a GM Stoic and failing to enter a trance this much.

How is it that at the old/standard skill maximum of 100%, I fail more than succeed? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

It's especially frustrating while working Inscription, since I frequently (try to) meditate in order to increase my mana regeneration rate.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long, Long ago ,in a time before power scrolls..

GM was the top of skills.
But then ,one day some lame ass at EA decided to add power scrolls and so forth to this day you have all been kicked back to 80 in skill..
So you are actualy only at 80 in skill, if theres a power scroll for it.
Enjoy...
And no this did not bring more people back to Fel so dream on..

Only removing all sorts of cheats and hacks will, but then thats another story....

G

Gilthas

I've also been told that at 100% if you have less than 25% of your total mana, you will fail more than succeed. Whether or not this is true, I don't know, but completely casual testing appears to back it up.

I understand the concept of it, but it doesn't make sense logically. I'm out of mana, therefore I meditate. But because I'm out of mana, I have a lesser chance of meditating to regain mana? :mf_prop:

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive me, I've just come back after being away for almost six years, but I don't remember being a GM Stoic and failing to enter a trance this much.

How is it that at the old/standard skill maximum of 100%, I fail more than succeed? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

It's especially frustrating while working Inscription, since I frequently (try to) meditate in order to increase my mana regeneration rate.
The lower your mana is when you attempt to actively meditation, the higher the chance you have to fail...

...which never made sense to me. That's when you need it most. It should be the other way around.

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it sux GM ore higher and fail nearly 50% at active meditation and the spirit lack at moongates too .........
I m for removing this ****^^