• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gm cook

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I decided I wanted to make use of my bark fragments so I learned cooking. Then I decided I wanted to try all the enchanted things a cook can make so I went ahead and trained to 95 but then at 95 I thought why not gm so I did. My method was buy it to 28 or so then cook fish steaks which I had about 50,000 of them from my fisherman. That took me up to where I could make enchanted apples so I made them for a bit (actually to about 80) and then made miso soup till I hit 95 then grapes of wrath till GM. Big whoop I guess but anyway it's one of the easiest skills to gm I have done considering I just happened to have a fisherman who had been stowing away fish steaks and my cook is also an alchemist and a tinker. Owwwww I hurt my arm patting myself on the back :stretcher:

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, it's still an accomplishment to be proud of, even if it's not the hardest skill to GM.

You've inspired me. I stopped training cooking once I was able to make a big batch of enchanted apples. Now I will get back to it and finish.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Hey, it's still an accomplishment to be proud of, even if it's not the hardest skill to GM.

You've inspired me. I stopped training cooking once I was able to make a big batch of enchanted apples. Now I will get back to it and finish.
One of the things that has made it much more pleasant to Gm is the crafting menu changes where you can set it to make max and it will use up all the space in your pack or all the ingredients in your pack with one click. Also if you have big piles of say fishsteaks you can do like 2000 at once and gain a gob of skill in a second or two. Hope the gods of rng bless your skill gains.

S

soulstoner

Well congrats. Cooking is handy & fun skill to have to whip up the grapes of wrath and enchanted apples for the fighters in the house not to mention the occasional pan of cookies, peach cobbler or sausage pizza stash for company.

Really looking forward hopefully to some credible uses for items within the Chocolatiering menu. I was very excited after GMing cooking and acquiring/stashing the chocolate ingredients from the Ish paragons in anticipation -- ooo I used to get so excited to get them !!! (still in cupboards & friend's cupboards waiting - prolly griefing some lagg out there). Hopin' some stackables can be made someday in the world of chocolate w/ perhaps with some stat bennis or healing powers of sort.

Nonetheless congtas your Big White Chef's coat. & yes ... make max is a beautiful thing for the Chef&Alchemist.

Happy Friday - I just heard it's National Doughnut Day :confused::lol::sad2::stir::mf_prop:

OK I juz oogled it -- had to -- :link:it's true & sweet & appropriate for here - kinda :D:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Doughnut_Day
<OR>
http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/June/doughnutday.htm

*ponders stackable choclate doughnuts..................*

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if you have big piles of say fishsteaks you can do like 2000 at once and gain a gob of skill in a second or two. Hope the gods of rng bless your skill gains.
Is that correct? I didn't have a char capable of making enchanted apples on my account so I decided to start raising cooking last week. With approximately 30 skill I cooked a stack of 1000 fish steaks and only got .1 gain. I then cooked about 200 fish steaks 5 at a time and gained 1.2 skill. If I just encountered lousy luck on the 1000 steak attempt, I'll give it another shot.

S

soulstoner

It's things like dough, other preparations that process as individual items and pots and such that you can gain with the making of max. Other than that it's just darn handy after you've GMed and you're making your stuff. The fish steaks present, I believe, like 1 even though they are more as it's a one fell swoop barbecue. :stir:

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cooking fishsteaks is much like imbuing. If you do a whole bag of them you get gains just like you were doing them individually but quicker.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are they individual in the bag or is it one stack?

I've been taking fishsteaks off the ground one at a time and cooking them as I don't want to go through a whole stack for .1

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are they individual in the bag or is it one stack?

I've been taking fishsteaks off the ground one at a time and cooking them as I don't want to go through a whole stack for .1
I had my fishsteaks in a secure container near my forge. I pulled 2000 out and cooked them as is in a stack then took out the cooked steaks and replace with 2000 more fresh fish steaks and select fish steaks from the menu. It cooks all you have in your bag. At lower levels you get lots of gains every time but as you approach 79 it slows way down and sometimes you get gains and sometimes you don't. I used almost 50,000 fish steaks to get to 79 but it only took me like 20 or 30 minutes. Then I made enchanted apples till I hit 80. Then I made miso soup till I hit 95 then grapes of wrath till 100.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had my fishsteaks in a secure container near my forge. I pulled 2000 out and cooked them as is in a stack then took out the cooked steaks and replace with 2000 more fresh fish steaks and select fish steaks from the menu. It cooks all you have in your bag. At lower levels you get lots of gains every time but as you approach 79 it slows way down and sometimes you get gains and sometimes you don't. I used almost 50,000 fish steaks to get to 79 but it only took me like 20 or 30 minutes. Then I made enchanted apples till I hit 80. Then I made miso soup till I hit 95 then grapes of wrath till 100.
so let's say you cook 2,000 at one time. does it cook the entire stack and give you gains as if you just cooked them 2,000 seperate times? like, a one click insta skill boost lol

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so let's say you cook 2,000 at one time. does it cook the entire stack and give you gains as if you just cooked them 2,000 seperate times? like, a one click insta skill boost lol
As far as I can tell that is what it does. It seems like there is some randomness to it like you won't get the same amount of skill on each stack and after you get up to the 60's you may not get any gain on one stack but several points on the next one. As you approach 79 it gets really slow almost no gain repeatedly. Now I never tried to do it one steak at a time but I bet I would have spent more than 2000 times longer doing it that way.