• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

gm booted me with no explaination

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is how I'm reading it.

A) The GM gave no warning or attempt to give the player a chance to correct the behavior.
B) The rule isn't explicit. Even though I myself know this rule... I always thought it was PVP oriented mostly. I still knew you couldn't do it to PVM content though. Still for a community wide rule this old, either it should have been fixed or explicitly written.
C) Broadsword has a history of having to explain rules too much which leaves a big window to abuse things until rules are explained. This frustrates players trying to play fairly. I'm guessing they decided not to even give warning this time to appease the frustrated players. It used to feel more like a "Better to ask for forgiveness than permission" situation.
D) The boot system/process didn't give the player time to write down information to at least get back into the game eventually and playing fairly again.

This is what I would do if I were in Broadsword's shoes.

A) Warn players in game first and expect an immediate correction of behavior. Post a global message in game of what you witnessed and correction so players that reported you knew they had at least been talked to.
B) Update the rules to be more specific. Maybe maintain a list of scenarios players may encounter specifically.
C) If an action was needed after the warning, spend more than 5 seconds with the player to make sure they knew next steps and why. This doesn't require arguing. It just requires you to answer questions relevant to the action.

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A) The GM gave no warning or attempt to give the player a chance to correct the behavior.
B) The rule isn't explicit. Even though I myself know this rule... I always thought it was PVP oriented mostly. I still knew you couldn't do it to PVM content though. Still for a community wide rule this old, either it should have been fixed or explicitly written.
C) Broadsword has a history of having to explain rules too much which leaves a big window to abuse things until rules are explained. This frustrates players trying to play fairly. I'm guessing they decided not to even give warning this time to appease the frustrated players. It used to feel more like a "Better to ask for forgiveness than permission" situation.
D) The boot system/process didn't give the player time to write down information to at least get back into the game eventually and playing fairly again.

A) Warn players in game first and expect an immediate correction of behavior. Post a global message in game of what you witnessed and correction so players that reported you knew they had at least been talked to.
B) Update the rules to be more specific. Maybe maintain a list of scenarios players may encounter specifically.
C) If an action was needed after the warning, spend more than 5 seconds with the player to make sure they knew next steps and why. This doesn't require arguing. It just requires you to answer questions relevant to the action.
this is %100 my point. Thanks.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

I like the idea of a global message. They could also have chat automatically do it after the Avatar spam messages.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Such BS. All that's required is a decent luck suit, knowledge on setting up a good macro(s), and green thorns. If you need more than that, maybe you just suck? Three of us have used what I just mentioned and have now gotten over 2K eggs, no exploits or cheating needed.
and are you doing this in open fields in guard zones ? all the closed pens on pac are camped all day and night im sure at some point it will dye down either way
id like to see you all chasing the rabbit 10 screens away before it disappears lol
they also need to make them so we can attack them in guard zone

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and are you doing this in open fields in guard zones ? all the closed pens on pac are camped all day and night im sure at some point it will dye down either way
id like to see you all chasing the rabbit 10 screens away before it disappears lol
We are doing it in an open Skara field. Big enough to have 2 groups of 3. Rabbit moves just a few squares.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I think I am going to get carpal tunnel but if you keep clicking on it after it spawns it never moves more then 2 tiles away. I have been doing it in an open field and never have to chase them.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Even the smallest field near moonglow can hold multiple people Even if everyone tried to steal your kill just getting the first hit in will keep you in looting rights

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like Pawain said, Skara fields outside guard zone. We stand on top of each other, hit our select next hostile macro, click bunnies bar.... Boom, Dead. Never have to move a single tile. Have that option checked for open corpse when dead so you don't have to worry about stacked corpses.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
this is roughly unwritten, meaning open to interpretation by author at any time. I honestly see both sides but main fault lacks in effort via bs. For how long have we had items to walk through/block us then they tell ya how to use them? Forever... yet stapled rules comes down to interpretation. Basically a I don't have time to think about it, so get used to it attitude. So I would say get used to it. Is it right, fair, stupid or just lazy? I would say lazy... when non promo shards beat them in content 24/7 and you get all riled up hunting bunnies of a spin off event.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember way back when nightmares stopped spawning East of Delucia in the woods and started spawning under Terathan Keep people were using boxes to keep the huge mass of monsters from hitting them while they tamed them under there and they put a stop to that by making the monsters break the boxes. Not sure monsters still break stuff but that was how they solved it back then.
Yep, we also used to use Small Tables to block in the WW so we could kill it with ranged, or tame it from across the table (items like that didn't block taming attempts back then). They then made it to where monsters could break furniture items like that.

I guess to clarify, multiboxing with unattended macaroing is. I assume this also includes scripting with 3rd party programs.
That's referred to as "Multi-Boxing", not "Multi-Clienting". Different terms.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yep, we also used to use Small Tables to block in the WW so we could kill it with ranged, or tame it from across the table (items like that didn't block taming attempts back then). They then made it to where monsters could break furniture items like that.

That's referred to as "Multi-Boxing", not "Multi-Clienting". Different terms.
I mean, yeah. That’s why I made the 2nd post.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ummm killed them all day with my mule and 1 slot fire beetle...... And built a starter loot luck suit from the bunny loot :) And GASP got more and more eggs per hour as the luck went up!!!

no luck 2.jpg

So Easy a Mongbat can do it!
Bunny Slayer.jpg

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ummm killed them all day with my mule and 1 slot fire beetle...... And built a starter loot luck suit from the bunny loot :) And GASP got more and more eggs per hour as the luck went up!!!

View attachment 142295

So Easy a Mongbat can do it!
View attachment 142296
Is it easy? yes is it possible for everyone to get drops? Yes shouldn't pirates and fishermen be allowed to stay at sea and participate ? Absolutely i mean where else but the black market would you find counterfeit items..

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
blocking with items is not allowed as long as i can remember. and i started 2001.
on the flipside no one is holding you to block it in with players

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it easy? yes is it possible for everyone to get drops? Yes shouldn't pirates and fishermen be allowed to stay at sea and participate ? Absolutely i mean where else but the black market would you find counterfeit items..
Nope it is not a high seas oriented event, it is a bunny bashing event and a Ilsh Champ Spawn Event. Put together a Pirate or Fisherman themed luck suit and park a boat next to any of the Glow fields and pretend you are raiding the fields.

I mean I am not beyond giving up some luck to stick with my Mongbat Theme :)
mongbats.jpg

A little know fact! MONGBATS HATE BUNNIES of any variety but LOVE to Eat them so we sends the Mongbats to kills the Bunnies!
mongbats1.jpg

Last edited:

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I was hunting vorpal bunnies and gm suddenly moved me to dungeon. They sent me a message saying i was abusing game mechanics and to contact support, witch no further information given. Before I could even write down the email address I was disconnected. I don't know what I did wrong? Who do I contact?
You used bagballs because everyone else was? Everyone was in jail with you? You can find this message on the front page: Ultima Online (uo.com) Sincerely, good luck.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
One good thing about the EC (not trying to start a debate, simply mentioning a plus for it) is the Mobiles Bar that puts a health bar for all mobiles on the same screen as you. let's you have an instant bar for the Vorpal to start clicking on in war mode to keep it on your screen. Maybe they should put one in the CC if possible. would eliminate a lot of headaches.

View attachment 142122
It would be nice. I play 2nd only and at times it hard to get that bar of your target.

firstlast

Journeyman
Such BS. All that's required is a decent luck suit, knowledge on setting up a good macro(s), and green thorns. If you need more than that, maybe you just suck? Three of us have used what I just mentioned and have now gotten over 2K eggs, no exploits or cheating needed.
lol :troll:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh CC getting the target instantly is easy. Set the macro {Select Nearest} Then {Hostile} second line {Whisper} and {All Kill} press key and instantly brings up bunny health bar and the targeting to send the pet to kill it.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here is the MAIN question!!!

-->> If you leave an opening, or even a maze pattern, so anyone or anything can get in and out, is that using Game Mechanics??

In my NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION, it is NOT. There is a PATH and the target is NOT blocked in. I have been booted by a GM, and relogged on, and spoke with the GM about it. He looked carefully, and saw the path, and said NO Problem. EXIT GM.

Be Safe, while I quietly await a response from someone that has a definitive answer.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the MAIN question!!!

-->> If you leave an opening, or even a maze pattern, so anyone or anything can get in and out, is that using Game Mechanics??

In my NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION, it is NOT. There is a PATH and the target is NOT blocked in. I have been booted by a GM, and relogged on, and spoke with the GM about it. He looked carefully, and saw the path, and said NO Problem. EXIT GM.

Be Safe, while I quietly await a response from someone that has a definitive answer.
You will not get an official answer on this forum as UO does not post here any more, you need to go over to the UO Forums to ask and please do not hold your breath waiting for an answer.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You will not get an official answer on this forum as UO does not post here any more, you need to go over to the UO Forums to ask and please do not hold your breath waiting for an answer.
Official UO Forums totally xypdq!!! Many of the top posters here, are in good with those there, and are probably asking this question on the forum or are ""quietly"" trying to get an answer ""offline""........

With that being said, a target is NOT blocked in. Even in the later use of candelabras, the ""GM's"" allowed it if there was a path by ANY means. By any means?? YES, even if it was only a teleport spot open, it was permitted.

Be Safe.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Official UO Forums totally xypdq!!! Many of the top posters here, are in good with those there, and are probably asking this question on the forum or are ""quietly"" trying to get an answer ""offline""........

With that being said, a target is NOT blocked in. Even in the later use of candelabras, the ""GM's"" allowed it if there was a path by ANY means. By any means?? YES, even if it was only a teleport spot open, it was permitted.

Be Safe.
You just looking for another ban trying that. Don't use items to block in any way.

Blocking a Dimetrosaur with bag balls when taming is illegal, even if you pick up a bag just as the taming starts so it has Line of Sight. Making a path in the star room with you at the only exit is illegal.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only one that can give you an OFFICIAL answer is UO and you will not get it here and you can believe what you want to about other players here having an in with whoever is total bullcrap but you go right ahead and believe what you want and we will wait for your whine post about getting banned.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only one that can give you an OFFICIAL answer is UO and you will not get it here and you can believe what you want to about other players here having an in with whoever is total bullcrap but you go right ahead and believe what you want and we will wait for your whine post about getting banned.
I mean it says right on the login screen how much more official do you want?

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I mean it says right on the login screen how much more official do you want?
Log in says "BLOCKING". A path for one to get around is NOT blocking. Been there, done that. IE, Hedge Maze, think about that one. You have a path to get in and out.

For some clarifacation. I did not have an active account at the time I got banned. I got banned on EJ account because I was stupid and bought a sheet load Hay Bales, after working up the Farmers that sold them, without a full pack of eggs. Weighted down like an arse. Unloaded them on table tops, etc etc, blocking no one. Someone on a slow connection complained to a GM because all the haybales were slowing them down. Once outside the building, it was drop drop, step, drop drop step, etc etc. My only concern was emptying my backpack to continue egg gathering. I did NOT see the GM in game, nor did I notice it in message journal that the GM was trying to talk to me. Once again, my only concern was emptying my backpack. Yes, there were a sheet load of Hay Bales, NOT blocking anyone. If one landed on your recall spot by accident, TS. There are a thousand other pixels to recall on in the same general area. IE, if someone is on YOUR recall spot in LUNA, is that a CRIME?? NOT. If someone drops a bagball on your recall spot in Luna, is that a CRIME?? NOT.

Was I ever sorry that I dropped 80 or more haybales on a scripters recall spot? NOT Was it extremely fun dropping 5 haybale stacks in a long line from a corner of a building (no eggs spawned there) so the naked scripter had to ""automatically"" reroute?? YES It was even funnier when i built a huge maze and waited at the end, with an egg on the ground, watching the naked scripter run to try to get it before I picked it up.

NOT whines, straight up facts.

No worries, I donated all my sheet load of eggs to active players so they could turn them in.

OH!! My complaining here on Stratics, might have just a "little bit" to do with the change in the Egg Collecting. (( the thread is out there also ))
OH!! My complaining here on Stratics, might have just a "little bit" to do with the change in IDOC's. (( Is it gonna be BUDDY BUDDY ? or by the RULES? | Stratics Community Forums ))

And I will continue to use only Stratics. Better info here, easier to find.

Trying to get back into the game. Got one old account back (( TY to those who helped )) Keeping a low profile.
Thanks to those whom I gave my other accounts to for keeping them active and helping out.

Be safe.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Putting something in the path is considered blocking even if it's one item and the mob can step around