• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

gm booted me with no explaination

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hunting vorpal bunnies and gm suddenly moved me to dungeon. They sent me a message saying i was abusing game mechanics and to contact support, witch no further information given. Before I could even write down the email address I was disconnected. I don't know what I did wrong? Who do I contact?

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was hunting vorpal bunnies and gm suddenly moved me to dungeon. They sent me a message saying i was abusing game mechanics and to contact support, witch no further information given. Before I could even write down the email address I was disconnected. I don't know what I did wrong? Who do I contact?
Were you using bagballs or crates or something to entrap the bunnies?

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were you using bagballs or crates or something to entrap the bunnies?
Yes, which I didn't know we couldn't do. I only started doing it because everyone else was. Where does it say we cant to that?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sweet. We ask them to get cheaters and they do.

we are doing an open field just fine right now.

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet. We ask them to get cheaters and they do.

we are doing an open field just fine right now.
what? how was I cheating? Its a game mechanic. I wasn't using a 3rd party app or exploiting a bug. Can we use hay sheafs? Chests? Wooden boxes?

Last edited:

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
what? how was I cheating? Its a game mechanic. Can we use hay sheafs? Chests? Wooden boxes?
So, where it is explicitly written down, I have no idea. It is probably somewhere. I imagine the GM handbook is much larger and nuanced than what is on the website. For me, however, it's just one of those rules that seems to pass down through the years. And, yes, sheafs, chests, wooden boxes, all count. It's always been understood that if you're impeding the movement of a mob/player, you're going to get a talking to.

I did a quick look at the FAQ on the website: Rules of Conduct – Ultima Online but didn't see anything specifically related to this. That, again, does not mean it's not somewhere.

I remembered that Mesanna herself (in one of her 9 posts on the main forum) did once comment that intentionally item blocking players on Siege Perilous wasn't allowed. would you consider this legal or illegal Take that for what you will. Whether or not you agree with her statement (and a lot of Siege players didn't) I think you could infer that if it's not allowed against players in Siege of all places it's not allowed for PVM in prodo shards.

It sucks that you were the one who got noticed when likely a ton of others on your shard and others were bagballing that very moment. If it's your first rules offense you'll probably be back in the game in hours, if not a day.

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, where it is explicitly written down, I have no idea. It is probably somewhere. I imagine the GM handbook is much larger and nuanced than what is on the website. For me, however, it's just one of those rules that seems to pass down through the years. And, yes, sheafs, chests, wooden boxes, all count. It's always been understood that if you're impeding the movement of a mob/player, you're going to get a talking to.

I did a quick look at the FAQ on the website: Rules of Conduct – Ultima Online but didn't see anything specifically related to this. That, again, does not mean it's not somewhere.

I remembered that Mesanna herself (in one of her 9 posts on the main forum) did once comment that intentionally item blocking players on Siege Perilous wasn't allowed. would you consider this legal or illegal Take that for what you will. Whether or not you agree with her statement (and a lot of Siege players didn't) I think you could infer that if it's not allowed against players in Siege of all places it's not allowed for PVM in prodo shards.

It sucks that you were the one who got noticed when likely a ton of others on your shard and others were bagballing that very moment. If it's your first rules offense you'll probably be back in the game in hours, if not a day.
I play a few hours a month and am super casual. I don't follow pvp or pve very closely. If none of this stuff is written down and posted somewhere easy to find, how are players like me suppose dto know this stuff? It's completely unfair and insulting to someone that has given thousands of dollars over the years to give a three day suspension for something im not aware.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you got 3 days off, then Yes that is excessive for the first offense. Should have given you a warning.

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If your account has never been actioned before, you can email Messana directly at [email protected] and ask for a waiver. ?She's pretty cool about first-time offenders

firstlast

Journeyman
You could get creative and create a narrow channel with an exit, technically it wouldnt be trapping it since it could flee :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Here is the email you get for dropping hay: Bagballs pretty much the same.

Rules of Conduct: 13) You may not use the Ultima Online Service or the Ultima Online Web Site for any activities other than activities that are permitted within the game world.

Rules of Conduct: 19) You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online Service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, whether or not it grants an unfair advantage, is real or fictitious. You will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or indirectly) to any other user of the Ultima Online Service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online Service at http://www.uo.com/mailBug.html.

Rules of Conduct: 20) You will not intentionally accept an item that has been “bugged” or otherwise manipulated outside of the designed game mechanics from anyone inside or outside the game world. The Ultima Online team has the right to confiscate any such illegal items, even if a player had no prior knowledge of the item’s origin, no reparation will be made.

The Rules of Conduct defines that you may not use features of the Ultima Online service for any reasons other than what each feature is designed to do. Any exploitative behavior and activity is not permitted on the Ultima Online service and is strictly enforced.

Ultima Online exists only because of its community, and as that sort of anti-social behavior completely contravenes the spirit of the game, we will remove it in order to protect the rule-abiding members of the service.

If you feel that this termination is unwarranted, or if you wish to dispute the claims of this email, we ask that you please email [email protected] so that they can review any possible discrepancies of this event.

The full Service Rules of Conduct are included below:

While you are a member of the Ultima Online service, you must abide by the following rules.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
whatever happened to just using the farm in south moonglow that has a gate?

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got banned as well for the same thing... they are being pretty big pricks to paying customers in a dying game.

Is there a way to see how long my punishment is?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
years ago using bagballs or stacks of candelabras was a common thing to do in factions to seal off the bases and keep out thieves and raiders.
a complaint was made and it came down that doing that was acceptable in faction war but not in normal gameplay.
so that is how I found that out.

but really, you are exploiting a game mechanic - you can't in good conscience think that anyone here believes that any of us are naive enough to believe people doing this don't have a good guess that it's an unacceptable practice?
That's like making some pens in your house and filling them with pets so you can train provocation without the pets reaching each other.
we all know it's not a legal thing to do, and even if you didn't know you would have a good guess that it probably is.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I remember way back when nightmares stopped spawning East of Delucia in the woods and started spawning under Terathan Keep people were using boxes to keep the huge mass of monsters from hitting them while they tamed them under there and they put a stop to that by making the monsters break the boxes. Not sure monsters still break stuff but that was how they solved it back then.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whatever happened to just using the farm in south moonglow that has a gate?
Part of it is a guardzone. As far as bagballs and other impassable objects: The rule has, to my knowledge, ALWAYS been that you need to leave a path available for people to exit. That was for Fel, anyway - it was a rule from the old days of pvp when candelabras would be placed in the Star Room. I imagine it would be similar for Tram - the bagballs aren't designed to keep other players out, it's designed to keep the bunnies from running all over the map. You can still pick one up and put it back down. Or teleport in if you're a mage.

REMOVED

Journeyman
what? how was I cheating? Its a game mechanic. I wasn't using a 3rd party app or exploiting a bug. Can we use hay sheafs? Chests? Wooden boxes?
You’re cheating because you’re doing something the game was not intended to let you do. Exactly what they told you.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Part of it is a guardzone. As far as bagballs and other impassable objects: The rule has, to my knowledge, ALWAYS been that you need to leave a path available for people to exit. That was for Fel, anyway - it was a rule from the old days of pvp when candelabras would be placed in the Star Room. I imagine it would be similar for Tram - the bagballs aren't designed to keep other players out, it's designed to keep the bunnies from running all over the map. You can still pick one up and put it back down. Or teleport in if you're a mage.
Yeah, it generally depended on the GM and how they were feeling that day. Most of them would say it wasn’t applicable because it wasn’t in guard zone when placing in Brit base.

others would play hero and delete them all anyways.

regardless, there are people openly admitting to multi clienting and scripting etc on the main forums, and they chase the people using bagballs.

Ridiculous.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
admitting to multi clienting
That is NOT against the rules. Using Bagballs is.

This is not Windows for workgroups 3.11 or DOS. Computers can run multiple things now. But it was nice to go take a break and say your computer is printing if the Boss asks why.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That is NOT against the rules. Using Bagballs is.

This is not Windows for workgroups 3.11 or DOS. Computers can run multiple things now. But it was nice to go take a break and say your computer is printing if the Boss asks why.
I guess to clarify, multiboxing with unattended macaroing is. I assume this also includes scripting with 3rd party programs.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm have you been in trouble is the past? or maybe you just got as bad GM, GM told me to stop using bagballs and if id continued id get in trouble, so i stopped.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hut is def GZ but try wandering around the fenced area where the cotton grows. Can't recall but it may not be GZ. I remember tamers doing vorpals there somehow - when the bunnies were new.

Last edited:

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Best I could do with 3 clients (no multibox, just 3 active clients) was:

A) plant thorn with one char

B) attacklast spam on another char while standing on top of the first char.

They both swing (mage weaps, cool build i got goin) and their pets attack

Third char stands by to plant the next thorn

Was fairly productive, about 50 eggs, one hour of nothing but luck status 900+ on each and some random pieces (SS quiver on one,. Minax sandals on another, etc) however that third char not swingin is bothering me. Nothing I could really do without serious alt-tab shufflin im doin laptop with a second screen

Mind you this was on Siege also so I was constantly looking over three different shoulders lol

Field Armor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I got banned as well for the same thing... they are being pretty big pricks to paying customers in a dying game.

Is there a way to see how long my punishment is?
3 days i have family that plays 12 accounts 5 of us got 3 days. I have been a pker/factions for my first 18 years. I started doing tram stuff last 8 years and still a newb at tram quest events ect. I gather a bunch of us we use bag balls to trap the little rabbit and we get 3 days for easter egg hunting lol. I like the days of chopping heads off and body parts 3 days for eggs lol 1000s of bucks over the years and they banned 3 days for eggs please.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One good thing about the EC (not trying to start a debate, simply mentioning a plus for it) is the Mobiles Bar that puts a health bar for all mobiles on the same screen as you. let's you have an instant bar for the Vorpal to start clicking on in war mode to keep it on your screen. Maybe they should put one in the CC if possible. would eliminate a lot of headaches.

1680621354659.png

Samhain

Adventurer
people been calling UO a dying game for years now, but yet here we still are
Not using this person or occurrence as a specific example, so don't start the hate responses. Just the response 'paid customers in a dying game' seems to be the entitled UO player's belief, or excuse rather, for cheating and doing things they know they aren't suppose to in game. I hear it in general chat all the time, about "they won't do anything to you if you are a subscriber!", and "They shouldn't ban anyone, they are losing money!", yada yada yada..almost always being said by the people in the wrong...lol. People should start taking responsibility for their actions and putting less blame on discipline made for those actions. It's like being one of the last few tenants left in a small apartment complex and thinking you can spray paint the walls, tear down fixtures and change the rooms just because you are "one of the last few tenants in a dying complex!". Extreme example, I know, but it's about the point. For many people that do NOT speak up, cheaters and exploiters are exactly what keep ruining UO and the game experience. Even if it isn't enforced as it should be, or as regularly, there NEEDS to be discipline...even in a 25 year old dying game :)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if they would develop an event that doesn't require using so many cheats maybe just maybe there wouldn't be so many cheats or use of exploited game mechanic ?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if they would develop an event that doesn't require using so many cheats maybe just maybe there wouldn't be so many cheats or use of exploited game mechanic ?
Such BS. All that's required is a decent luck suit, knowledge on setting up a good macro(s), and green thorns. If you need more than that, maybe you just suck? Three of us have used what I just mentioned and have now gotten over 2K eggs, no exploits or cheating needed.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Such BS. All that's required is a decent luck suit, knowledge on setting up a good macro(s), and green thorns. If you need more than that, maybe you just suck? Three of us have used what I just mentioned and have now gotten over 2K eggs, no exploits or cheating needed.
But it's mind-numbing BORING I'm glad we're making ways for everyone to participate but still some play styles left out we need added things not oh this type group A gets to play

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But it's mind-numbing BORING I'm glad we're making ways for everyone to participate but still some play styles left out we need added things not oh this type group A gets to play
Not sure what template can't play... a mule? As for boring, it's only boring when you start exceeding what you need compared to what you want. 2K eggs for us was far above what any of us needed. 200 eggs each would have gotten us pretty much anything we needed, instead we are currently working on 700 each. And this is only day 4 out of 2 months? C'mon now.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what template can't play... a mule? As for boring, it's only boring when you start exceeding what you need compared to what you want. 2K eggs for us was far above what any of us needed. 200 eggs each would have gotten us pretty much anything we needed, instead we are currently working on 700 each. And this is only day 4 out of 2 months? C'mon now.
I'm using my mule right now and have gotten 42 eggs in the last hour.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He has to complain. The bunny has 0 resists, you could kill it with a frying pan.

We showed an untrained Cu or Triton can kill them.

I see no one left out of this event unless they are too lazy to try it.

Nice to have a calm event with no stress. The keep clicking thing works, but the bunnies pile up under your feet so you cant get the right body back if you close it. lol. 3 in a party, over 1 k gold per bunny, decorative eggs for cleanup points.

We ended up using an open field now. Scenery is better.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He has to complain. The bunny has 0 resists, you could kill it with a frying pan.

We showed an untrained Cu or Triton can kill them.

I see no one left out of this event unless they are too lazy to try it.

Nice to have a calm event with no stress. The keep clicking thing works, but the bunnies pile up under your feet so you cant get the right body back if you close it. lol. 3 in a party, over 1 k gold per bunny, decorative eggs for cleanup points.

We ended up using an open field now. Scenery is better.
Of course Allen is wrong my fishers and t-hunters all who wear functional luck suits 24/7 have all done well but not fishing or t-hunting we're on what year 3 or 4 of these cookie cutter events that were supposedly implemented because of the ease every aspect of the game should be easily included

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course Allen is wrong my fishers and t-hunters all who wear functional luck suits 24/7 have all done well but not fishing or t-hunting we're on what year 3 or 4 of these cookie cutter events that were supposedly implemented because of the ease every aspect of the game should be easily included
You just want an 1680635866821.png and love to 1680635926170.png threads.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The point he's trying to make...is that nothing SPECIFIC to Treasure Hunting or Pirating has been implemented in some time.

Sure, you're fisher can go kill a bunny...but that has nothing to do with Fishing....