• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Global/Account vs Character user settings

D

Diggity

While running the Abyss quest over the weekend on multiple characters, I wondered what is the best way to set up individual user setting files for the EC? Tho I started with a standard user settings template I like, individual characters needs cause the user settings files to diverge. With 2D and UO Assist, it was pretty easy to separate a global macro.txt file that covered common info - spells/targeting/say commands etc - while UO Assist macros could cover the specific individual requirements such as dress/equip macros. When/if a new feature was added to the 2d client - say open door macro - it was easy to just edit the one macro.txt file and all characters would be able to use it.

I don't see an easy way to do this in the EC. For example, when the log out/quit game actions were added, I added hotkeys for each character as I played them. Is there an easier way?

What I think I'd like is some kind of include feature be added to the user settings file. Maybe this is already possible and I just don't know how to do it. I'd like to have a global part for stuff that is common to all characters - spells/targeting/say commands/universal macros etc - in a text file that can be included as part of each char's user setttings file.