• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Ghost" items on vendor search

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats going on with the vendor search?

About a week ago I was looking for an item I needed to finish up a suit on vendor search. I found a part with the exact mods I needed and almost wet myself with with excitement. Generated the map and teleported there.

I right clicked the map to open the container with the item and nothing happened. I tried again, then on another character then even got a guild mate to look. Nothing.

I then checked all the vendors and wait a minute, the actual vendor wasn't even there!

Hmmmm, OK, I waited a few more days as maybe they had moved the vendor and the database needed to update or something. Same again.

Why does it show these items if the vendor doesn't even exist? Its a bit annoying to say the least.

Anyway if you had a vendor at Genesis shop Luna East gate on Atlantic called "More N More N More: Good stuff cheap" please get in touch as you had some gloves I wanted to buy!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
been like that for a very long time. some items have been on search but not on vendor for months. its very annoying. sometimes the vendor is there, and its pack will open from the tele map, but item is not.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dropped vendors at my shop on Balhae on January 30, 2015. On July 1, 2015 (152 days later), the house fell. Today, 198 days from the day I dropped the vendors, I can still find items in vendor search on Balhae that show up as being on my original vendors that I fired on January 30, 2015. I've posted about this in the now-defunct "bugs" forum and here in UHall multiple times.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dropped vendors at my shop on Balhae on January 30, 2015. On July 1, 2015 (152 days later), the house fell. Today, 198 days from the day I dropped the vendors, I can still find items in vendor search on Balhae that show up as being on my original vendors that I fired on January 30, 2015. I've posted about this in the now-defunct "bugs" forum and here in UHall multiple times.
Tina! We NEED your vendors on Balhae!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina! We NEED your vendors on Balhae!
Maybe someday I'll try them again. But at this point I'm barely even logging in for more than half an hour per week to refresh some boats and throw a wafer in a fish tank. No time to play and my enthusiasm for UO is pretty much at rock bottom these days.