• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GGS Question

Deschet

Journeyman
Wiki lists three discrete skill point levels. Wondering if those are dividing lines between skill gain rates, or just examples.

For example, does everything between 500 and 700 skill points gain at the wiki's 500 skill points rate (middle column). Or, are the rates continuously changing so that someone with 600 skill points gains at a rate somewhere between the discrete values in the chart?

Thanks

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the column captions are somewhat stupid.
I'm fairly confident, that these are breakpoints and values aren't interpolated depending on actual skill. So column 1 applies to 0-350, column 2 to 350.1-500 and column 3 to 500.1 and above.

Deschet

Journeyman
*looks around and listens to the crickets*

Just adding some info based on my experience... jewels appear to make a difference. Had a toon wearing some jewels to put them in an optimal gain range. Used the skill at what I thought had been a long enough time between gains (per the chart), no gain. Knew that enough time had passed for the skill level line below where I was at with the jewels. Took the jewels off, used the skill, got a gain.

The wiki doesn't address this.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, modified skill is, what counts. But that also means, that it works the opposite way. I.e. you can lower the skill with discordance by i.e.a Satyr and benefit of increased Skill gain.

Deschet

Journeyman
Good point about the lowering of the skill via disco/satyr. Definitely something to consider if not riding an alcacrity scroll where you want to log on, get the gain, and log off.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It's real skill that counts for gains, sometimes you just have to do it twice to get your ggs. You don't get more or less gains if you lower or make your skill higher. You adjust your skills to be able to cast spells that might use less mana or to craft items that uses less resources. Or to be able to tame certain critters that respawn quick.