• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting around the seven-day timer

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can a house that is freshly placed become slightly worn within an hour or so? I was under the impression that you would not be able to build/acquire another one for seven days unless you took down your house, in which case you could then build (but not receive) another. But on my shard someone has been able to place a house and then seemingly almost immediately place another to set the first into decay, and not for the first time. I am probably missing something obvious here, can someone please enlighten me?

Rocket Dog

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can a house that is freshly placed become slightly worn within an hour or so? I was under the impression that you would not be able to build/acquire another one for seven days unless you took down your house, in which case you could then build (but not receive) another. But on my shard someone has been able to place a house and then seemingly almost immediately place another to set the first into decay, and not for the first time. I am probably missing something obvious here, can someone please enlighten me?
Have house #1 somewhere else, Say "I wish to resize my house" it drops house #1, they place house #2 at your location then go back and place house #1 again at the original spot. It's a bug, I called a GM once and they didnt do a thing, I mean they can look at when the thing was placed and theres no reason a house can go in decay before 7 days so it's an obvious bug. Ya, i posted a bug but maybe they GMs can figure it out and notice how easy it is to see its being used and can then ban anyone using it, it's getting abused quite a bit atm.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, I see. Thanks for the swift reply. I'll also submit a bug report regarding this.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*thumbs up*

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you place your new house then go set your old house to primary, the new house should start to decay right? Or did they change that?

Also maybe this provides the reason why I have to wait 7 days to resize my house after I resized it too small. Makes sense if they are blocking an exploit like the one explained above.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't set the old one to primary you have to resize and replace it. That set primary was only used for grandfathered housing.

If you only have 1 house on the account though and you demolish it or resize it you can place another one right away because that part of the 7 day timer goes away when it checks to see if you have a house. You just can't have one traded to you, that timer still has to tick down.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had one traded, let the 7 days as then resized. I needed to resize agin so I wired the required hour, but when tried to resize, it the 7 day message agin.