• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GET REAL

G

Very nicely done Kat. What everyone is forgetting is that everything takes TIME. The new econmy will not be settling out overnight. So instead of sitting back and keeping your eyes glued at the payouts and cost of property, do want you came here to Ea-Land/TSO to do...play the game and make new friends!!! I know I will be.

J

jackdoe

So Kat what your saying is, i should just forget about the fact that i have spent the last 4 weeks maxing out my Cooking skill so i could earn fairly decent money from jamming to help support my CC uploading ??

I read in a faq that i should choose my skilling wisely , which i did , i chose cooking to get my simoleans from jamming......but now with these lower payouts i will be lucky if i can restock the CC i have already made never mind be able to afford to upload and restock new CC

I dont want to use EA-Land as a fancy IM program, i want to play it as the game it was intended to be, sure most people think EA-Land is just there to make new friends and talk "dirty" to each other, that doesnt interest me, i have enough real life friends , i want to be able to upload my CC and sell it to other players so they can enjoy it from my Shopping Lot.

Tell me, what exactly was wrong with me getting $200 per crate of jam and then spending that $200 on uploading a new CC ?? , i was starting to really like the new EA-Land but now once again there is nothing to be nothing to do, just like when TSO was flooded with Simoleans, it is pointless jamming for $45 per crate and like i have said, EA-Land is not an IM program to me, i want a point in playing it....

The route i have chosen to play the game has now been blocked, i can no longer jam for an hour then spend the rest of my day at my shopping lot, everyone plays this game with a different plan but i never expected to have to change that plan as soon as i was starting to get settled...

I logged into TC3 this morning about an hour before the maintenence and usually for the past few weeks, 1 or 2 money lots have been full..today i saw 2 money lots open and the one that had 9 in had 2 pizza teams going and 1 person jamming....

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

So Kat what your saying is, i should just forget about the fact that i have spent the last 4 weeks maxing out my Cooking skill so i could earn fairly decent money from jamming to help support my CC uploading ??

I read in a faq that i should choose my skilling wisely , which i did , i chose cooking to get my simoleans from jamming......but now with these lower payouts i will be lucky if i can restock the CC i have already made never mind be able to afford to upload and restock new CC

I dont want to use EA-Land as a fancy IM program, i want to play it as the game it was intended to be, sure most people think EA-Land is just there to make new friends and talk "dirty" to each other, that doesnt interest me, i have enough real life friends , i want to be able to upload my CC and sell it to other players so they can enjoy it from my Shopping Lot.

Tell me, what exactly was wrong with me getting $200 per crate of jam and then spending that $200 on uploading a new CC ?? , i was starting to really like the new EA-Land but now once again there is nothing to be nothing to do, just like when TSO was flooded with Simoleans, it is pointless jamming for $45 per crate and like i have said, EA-Land is not an IM program to me, i want a point in playing it....

The route i have chosen to play the game has now been blocked, i can no longer jam for an hour then spend the rest of my day at my shopping lot, everyone plays this game with a different plan but i never expected to have to change that plan as soon as i was starting to get settled...

I logged into TC3 this morning about an hour before the maintenence and usually for the past few weeks, 1 or 2 money lots have been full..today i saw 2 money lots open and the one that had 9 in had 2 pizza teams going and 1 person jamming....

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you as a CC creator to make extra money to recover your cost to upload it so it can be sold. I think some situations do need to be looked at differently and adjusted so it is profitable to you and worth your time to create these things.

But like I said before some people ( I said some, not all) feel the need to get rich quick for some apparent reason. I can't see myself withdrawing money from the ATM's and I won't. I will work my job track and pizza and do whatever money item my skill level allows me to buy the things I want. And I can choose to take a break from making money and just sit and skill and play hookie for a day if i want too. Heck by the time I get done re-doing one of my houses I will need to find a vacation lot on a beach somewhere so I can go and sip a few Pina's and soak up the Sun..lol.

Anyway hats off to all of you Store owners that are trying to offer the Community as a whole a variety of CC items and also the regular items for a great price. I hope the Dev's will find a way to make it easier on you guys to upload things and to be able to stay profitable.

K

knotter02

I totally agree with you foxy! I like that we actually have to make money. Its more fun than just skilling like before. You actually have to do something. And plus you meet some many more people. I have met some awesome people pizzaing that I migh have never met if we had millions and millions like in AV. I would rather have to work towards something than to have it handed to me!

G

HIya:) Just have to say... thats is a good point! I am goin to be honest, I was totally bitter and bummed too with all the cuts on payouts...BUT when you actually think about it.. with the perks they give you...U really are paying less for your subscribtion. I think that people need to relax, enjoy the game for what it is...all things will EVENTUALLY get worked out. Keep in mind too..although u may feel the ATM is EVIL..no one is holding you at gun point saying BUY simoleons! If things were that easy.. the game would really not be fun now would it? I dont know about some of you out there.. but I enjoy a challenge:)

G

oh yeah and see over there&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;that totally sucks I am still on visitor status! lol

J

JessicaMcPherson

Very well put Kath. I find it to be a lot more challenging now in EAL with the shortage of ways to make a lot of money in a few days. No more payouts is especially a good thing to see.

I'll admit that I do buy simoleans from EA so I could get a start on making custom content that I had been waiting for 4 years for. Otherwise, after my house is finished I'll probably slip back into the dancer job track (after I make some friend links as well).

I don't see anything wrong except for the high lot prices, but I would think the land in the new cities of EAL would be cheaper (as was mine).

I haven't had this much fun since bcak before I cashed my mystic for several million. Being poor and struggling for money is the one of the best parts of the game!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'll admit that I do buy simoleans from EA so I could get a start on making custom content that I had been waiting for 4 years for. Otherwise, after my house is finished I'll probably slip back into the dancer job track (after I make some friend links as well).

[/ QUOTE ]If you do that, look me up. I'm currently working my way up the DJ track.