• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GET REAL

G

WE CURRENTLY GET A WEELY BONUS OF 500.00....GREAT
WE CANT MAKE NO MONEY ON JOBS OR SINGLE MONEY OBJECTS.
WE CANT SELL BACK ANYTHING
WE CANT GET A HOUSE OR FRIEND BONUS
AND GOD KNOWS WHEN WE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO DO PET PULLS....
I DONT SEE THINGS BEING ANY BETTER HERE THAN THEY WERE IN AV OR BF OR ANYWHERE....

I

imported_Danny Dots

the caps are really annoying.

anyway, i like this tso better than the tso i use to play. yeah its a little rough but its just the start of a great new community

I

imported_Danny Dots

well then make your font bigger because it looks like you're yelling.

G

I AM YELLING...NOT AT YOU THOUGH SO IF IT OFFENDS...DONT READ OR IGNORE IT...

G

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHISKEY. PAY IS WORTHLESS, CAN'T GET MONEY BACK FOR SELLING ITEMS BACK, AND HAS ANYONE SEEM THE PRICE ON PETS???

WHY NOT JUST PUT ALL THE PAYOUTS TO WHERE THEY SHOULD BE AND LET THE GAME BEGIN?

I

imported_Spacey

They are encouraging you to buy money from them. I don't plan on doing that though, but others will. I do hope that payouts are returned to the way they were before this latest decrease. I am pretty pleased with everything else.

G

Not everyone can afford to "BUY" money for play a game we already fork out money to these people in order to play. I want something in return for my $10 a month...not just the run around and not just a company who wants us to fork over even more money to them throught their nifty little ATM machines.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not everyone can afford to "BUY" money for play a game we already fork out money to these people in order to play. I want something in return for my $10 a month...not just the run around and not just a company who wants us to fork over even more money to them throught their nifty little ATM machines.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting $500 a week plus the ability to make money within the game through regular means. At this time, the latter doesn't sound as wonderful because of the limited payouts. I don't know whether or not they will be raised, but we've been told that they will. You are also getting entitlement days which gives you anniversary gifts and skill locks.

If it makes you feel any better think of the $500 as $2-3. Technically you're only paying $7-8 for your account and $2-3 for some spending money.

G

<blockquote><hr>

anyway, i like this tso better than the tso i use to play. yeah its a little rough but its just the start of a great new community

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree its more fun now, before money was to easy to get and was getting pretty boring - now to make money you have to work, do money objects, like tc3 its brought the community together, but on the downside yes its annoying all the bugs but its like building a house you always get hiccups.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I AM YELLING...NOT AT YOU THOUGH SO IF IT OFFENDS...DONT READ OR IGNORE IT...

[/ QUOTE ]

I find glasses help me type and read

P

Paulina

There are plenty of ways for you to make money besides your weekly bonus. Get a job, now is a great time to be in a robo-factory because there are actually people there working. And if you have a awesome crew you can make some good money.

Skill up to do money objects, learn how to pizza. I make 1k or more in one round with a great pizza crew and my simmies skills are not quit there yet because its new.
Roomie up with someone. Who says you need to buy a lot right away? I just accepted another roomie, so she can save up enough money to make her own
house. I don't expect her to host or anything, I just want her to be able to save money up.
Why do you guys feel the need to do pet pulls or buy pets? Why are you using the Catalog feature and why are you clicking sell back? Go to a store to buy things, they are cheaper there and find a store that will buy back your things that you don't need/want. That is the way you get some of your money back. Just look at things that you would like to purchase for your house once u get an idea on what you want it to look like and gradually get the things. If it isn't something that is a "necessity" wait on that, it will come together gradually.
All my Simmies are starting with no money. Yes 3 of them have already established lots and things, but I have to go back to making money with them too, I am having way to much fun looking at the CC and looking forward to be able to make money so I can re-decorate all my homes.
We got to spoiled with the availability of the big bucks in the Production Cities so this is really great to see that lots of people are opting for the jobs and are pizzing and everything else. Actually there is no need for a withdraw out of the ATM's if you just plan right.
Enjoy the social aspect of the game, heck you never know what loonies are at the factory with you that have you cracking up in open chat.
So, don't get discouraged and figure out a plan, and once you made your Simmies dream a reality you will feel a lot of pleasure and look back and laugh at how many times you had to be revived when a robo blew you up to get there. Enjoy the game

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Hmm....I haven't actually spent a lot of time in EAland.....(that will change now that my mains are merged)

but even with the $500 per week stipend, I've been able to put together a decent lot. I have nice furnishings, the upgraded appliances, a bunch of pink flamingos....and even had money to buy a big fountain.

I haven't starved...I even splurged on a few really AWESOME (pardon the caps but I'm shouting) custom content.

If I had been playing EAland 100%....I'd be one wealthy momma.

I have no doubt the economy will grow and players will once again start offering payouts....I just wanna enjoy the 'unspoiled' city for as long as I can before that all starts up again.

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm....I haven't actually spent a lot of time in EAland.....(that will change now that my mains are merged)

but even with the $500 per week stipend, I've been able to put together a decent lot. I have nice furnishings, the upgraded appliances, a bunch of pink flamingos....and even had money to buy a big fountain.

I haven't starved...I even splurged on a few really AWESOME (pardon the caps but I'm shouting) custom content.

If I had been playing EAland 100%....I'd be one wealthy momma.

I have no doubt the economy will grow and players will once again start offering payouts....I just wanna enjoy the 'unspoiled' city for as long as I can before that all starts up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Dutch. I have not starved either and neither has Paul. But the sad part is, I have already seen Money houses offering Payouts starting at 2k in EAland. So it is already starting. I just hope the Dev team can figure out a way to keep the economy in check, so we can enjoy and afford the CC and everything else before the prices are being hiked to satisfy some people's greed and get us right back to were we just left, with no one wanting to actually play the game and then complaining how bored they are and you have them sitting in their houses by themselves again. Yes most of us have made our fortune in the Legacy Cities and have bought everything under the sun to offer the highest standard in a Lot with the availibility of high payouts. I am just as guilty of doing that, but now my goal is to work normally with other people to be able to re-do all of them and that is going to be fun. See you around town..or should I say Sims world

G

The economy will be fixed. Please god I hope someday soon it is fixed. The problem with EA Land is most people came from other cities where they had so much money they could do anything they wanted. Lot 8 with no roomies? No problem. Pet Pulls for weeks on end? Suuuuuuuuuure. They got used to that game. Now, property selling for 12-80k with no one able to buy, everyone will be desperate to make money. ATM's are not the answer because I have yet to see someone actually use one. Most people I talk to say they outright are refusing. I have never bought simoleans in the past and I won't start now.

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

The economy will be fixed. Please god I hope someday soon it is fixed. The problem with EA Land is most people came from other cities where they had so much money they could do anything they wanted. Lot 8 with no roomies? No problem. Pet Pulls for weeks on end? Suuuuuuuuuure. They got used to that game. Now, property selling for 12-80k with no one able to buy, everyone will be desperate to make money. ATM's are not the answer because I have yet to see someone actually use one. Most people I talk to say they outright are refusing. I have never bought simoleans in the past and I won't start now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of those that had lots of money in the other cities and yes I did do pet pulls like forever towards the end just to get rid of it or gave new Sims money so they could buy some stuff.
But now we are having a chance to do it the right way and hopefully some Sims out there do not get the chance to mock it up by getting their hands on some exploid, simoleon sale or whatever else there can be. I don't want to see the game go back to the same dull drum that we just left.

G

The sad truth is, give it time and it will happen again. No matter how EA tries to control the payouts, people will make money 24/7 (bots most likely) to make money. With the lower payouts, they are trying to deter the botters. What no one realize is that with the botting software, they can make money all night long. at 50 bucks a jam, given enough time, they will have plenty to start selling. It will just take them longer to get there.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I know things aren't perfect right now, but if you really think the old version of this game was better than what we have in our future, I need to know exactly what game you were playing lol.

Sometimes its hard to accept change, but this change in my opinion was a much needed one. I for one am happy to be apart of the future EA Land.

G

Hey Qutie,
I have to agree. When TSO started many years ago, there was no economy issue. Over time, it grew out of hand. People started botting and making millions if not billions. It had to stop because the simolean was getting as useless as the real american dollar is becoming. Cash in/Cash out is a very important aspect in any economy. The problem now is they are adjusting for supply and demand on items and lots, but payouts have not been adjusted to match. I believe this is where everyone is frustrated. I believe if payouts were brought up alittle bit to match the inflation, people would still be upset but nowhere near as bad as they are now.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Just tagging last...

I know the economy is rought right now. Whiskey might have been eluding to the fact there is a bug in TC3 right now that doesn't let anyone go to work in the job tracks. Perhaps they were testing how to keep free accounts out of job tracks but managed to lock us all out.

Until all the merges are complete, we don't have a chance of the economy becoming more balanced. We still have to absorb all those sims and objects from the older cities.

In time, things will get better.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Just tagging last...

I know the economy is rought right now. Whiskey might have been eluding to the fact there is a bug in TC3 right now that doesn't let anyone go to work in the job tracks. Perhaps they were testing how to keep free accounts out of job tracks but managed to lock us all out.

Until all the merges are complete, we don't have a chance of the economy becoming more balanced. We still have to absorb all those sims and objects from the older cities.

In time, things will get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Locked out? You guys were all fired in TC3?....I told you to stop drinking on the job!!!

G

I think the union will have something to say to EA about them all being fired!!!! lol

N

Nick6212

For real! I dont think im going to wip out my wallet and pay real money for imaginary things! Have you seen the prices on even somthing as little as the fireplaces? Tiles are outrageous to! I do like the game with everyone in one place, but it is getting ridiculous!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Awe....I see what you mean. The CC is a bit pricey?

Well, CC is still new and highly in demand. But I'm sure that will settle down.

Competition will bring prices down probably once the population starts rising and more and more CC artists hit town.

I

imported_MattelMichele

I actually love the game again! That is when i can log in...

Reminds me of the days of beta !! When TSO was a blast to play

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting $500 a week plus the ability to make money within the game through regular means. At this time, the latter doesn't sound as wonderful because of the limited payouts. I don't know whether or not they will be raised, but we've been told that they will. You are also getting entitlement days which gives you anniversary gifts and skill locks.

If it makes you feel any better think of the $500 as $2-3. Technically you're only paying $7-8 for your account and $2-3 for some spending money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true! You are definetly getting something in return for your money.

People will either get used to the payouts or leave. I highly believe it will be the first. I mean, you can suffer low payouts here, or endless leveling in WoW, or well... do nothing in SL. I think I'll stick to the lowered payouts

G

The fact is, once the merges are done and everyone is here, then they can really start tweaking the economy. Raise payouts to match land and objects. Lower when needed. Right now, they are all doing it manually. Once the merges are completed, they can write code to automatically do this.

F

festrmentmagnet

I make pretty good money as a waitress- I am currently at "superior server" level.
But,yes, I had to work my way up to that, at the first few levels you don't make as much.

But, I'm quite happy with what I'm making as a waitron.

The dancer job does not pay much at any level- I am currently at "video extra" with one sim.

And, dj job pays pretty well at all levels.

I have never tried robot factory.

But, I think waitron and dj are fairly good jobs to have.

So, I think it is unfair to say jobs don't payout.

Of course we aren't making the money we used to before merges, but if it hasn't been said enough- This is a new game.

We've all had to adjust, and if we choose to continue to play, we will have to continue to adjust.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

It's all your point of view.
I know it may seem totally different at first, but you will grow to love it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

We get 5004 a week ? wasent aware of this

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we get 500 simoleans a week, not 5004 hehe must have been a typo

You'll see your main sim in EA Land will get this if you're a premium subscriber.

G

from the very little i have actually done, CC is kind of expensive to upload, so for the CC creators to make any money off of it, some things might seem pricey.

P

Paula777

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If you make replies please dont take my coments out and put your own in it makes it look it was my original post to people that dont read back far enough - thanks

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

I DONT SEE THINGS BEING ANY BETTER HERE THAN THEY WERE IN AV OR BF OR ANYWHERE....

[/ QUOTE ]

I fear that you confusing EALand with TSO. This is not TSO (yeah I know it looks the same)

G

<blockquote><hr>

from the very little i have actually done, CC is kind of expensive to upload, so for the CC creators to make any money off of it, some things might seem pricey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some is, like the chairs and the cabinets etc from game which are easy to recolour and are charged according to comfort level, when you make yourself (eg a picture) it is priced according the the file upload size, eg a small item is cheaper to upload than a large one, but your right prices do get bumped up to a stupid price that not many can afford.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*agrees * only cause i miss Blazing falls :| lol

A

ama1997

I think they need to get rid of the atm. Put payouts back at what they were. Bring back the buyback for items so we can do pet pulls. The atm has to be to me the dumbest thing ive seen so far in game. I dont want to buy sim money from ea/maxis or whoever. Thats a lot of the game skilling and making money.

I seen someone the other night in a money house with max cooking skill. There was a full house and he was only making 100 a jam. To me its not even worth skilling that long to get a skill maxed. I work at the bot factory and im trying to finish my house. I go to the factory work a shift go back to my house to build. I put down about half the floor tiles for one room and im broke again.

The reason the money got so out of control in the other cities. It was because of the cheat that was found. Right? Ok so the cheat is gone I dont see why they just didnt wipe all the money and start from there. Instead of the whole ea-land thing.
Ok ea-land has alot of cool stuff going on. New things coming to the game and all that. Why didnt they just wipe all the money like they did when we moved to ea-land. Leave payouts the way they were. Ok cool ea or whoever is adding new stuff to the game. Cool, but if people dont have fun playing the game because they are skilling so much to make almost no money. So they can buy some of the new cc items or whatever. I give the game 6 months if that, and it will be shut down.

In the earlier days of The Sims Online. A few years into it of whatever alot of people left because they were unhappy with the way the game was not updated and all that. Ok updates are great for the game. New stuff for the game is great. Im all for what they are trying to do with ea-land. But the updates can be a good or a bad thing. I think the atm will be the death of the game. Ea making it so hard to make money so you have to buy it from them at the atm. Most of the people that play I think. They pay 9.99 a month to play. Why would they or should they have to buy sim money. To make playing the game not so painful. If I have a day off I spend the day playing tso the end of the day I still have nothing to show for it. I run a store I havent sold an item in about 3 weeks. Why because everyone is broke in game. My prices are same as others or even lower so its not that.

So ea needs to make the game not so painful to play skilling takes forever. Making money in game. Whats that? Theres money in the game?

Within 6 months we will all be looking for another online game to play.

B

Bindy

In my opinion, the extreme low payouts are going to hurt this game badly. Not only are people going to get sick of spending 90% of their time making jams or whatever but this has taken a major chunk out of the fun factor of the game.

I do enjoy earning money like a lot do but when it is now more like a rl job then its no longer fun and people will leave. Id rather have the payouts at a more reasonable rate and keep players than worry about some people being more rich than others and have tons of people leave because they dont want EALand to be their second job. I am very worried that the devs arent seeing that this may very well happen if they continue to make this game so hard to earn money.

I also agree that the atm's should be removed and all of this buying and selling of money to and from EA should not happen. Taking away a major fun source like the casinos really wasnt a great idea at all. I probably spent too much time in casinos in tso but honestly it took care of my gambling habit without hurting the real life wallet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In my opinion, the extreme low payouts are going to hurt this game badly. Not only are people going to get sick of spending 90% of their time making jams or whatever but this has taken a major chunk out of the fun factor of the game.

[/ QUOTE ] That's one of the things currently stopping me going back to a paid account ... I don't want to spend lots of real money, or hundreds of hours doing jams, just to be able to afford to buy a plot of land to build something on, when most of the enjoyment was actually playing with rebuilding. Having gone from §4.5 million to nothing because of the move is quite a shock.

<blockquote><hr>

I am very worried that the devs arent seeing that this may very well happen if they continue to make this game so hard to earn money.

[/ QUOTE ]That's why we have to try and get them to see the problem. I'm quite sure if they'd had to work like we do to buy everything for the 'community pub' it would be a size 1 plot with inflatable chairs all round.

<blockquote><hr>

I also agree that the atm's should be removed and all of this buying and selling of money to and from EA should not happen.

[/ QUOTE ]Game to real cash is an idea taken from Second Life, where it actually is successful - but there you don't have to spend any money at all buying things because you can make it all free yourself if you have the time and inclination, and the only fees are texture uploads at about 2 cents a time.

I believe this 'everything based around real cash, with lowered payments' thing is going to turn TSO from the fun little timewaster that it used to be, into a full time job - something that many simply cannot do, especially without resorting to cheating to keep the place open... but that's already covered in another thread.

<blockquote><hr>

Taking away a major fun source like the casinos really wasnt a great idea at all.

[/ QUOTE ]Thank your government for that - it wasn't EA's fault.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do enjoy earning money like a lot do but when it is now more like a rl job then its no longer fun and people will leave. Id rather have the payouts at a more reasonable rate and keep players than worry about some people being more rich than others and have tons of people leave because they dont want EALand to be their second job. I am very worried that the devs arent seeing that this may very well happen if they continue to make this game so hard to earn money.

I also agree that the atm's should be removed and all of this buying and selling of money to and from EA should not happen. Taking away a major fun source like the casinos really wasnt a great idea at all. I probably spent too much time in casinos in tso but honestly it took care of my gambling habit without hurting the real life wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can understand the initial reasons for lowering payouts (even if I don't agree with them). Wanting to take care of the botting problem before 'cash-out' is enabled is a very big concern from a 'profit' point of view.
However - it has been a long time with no indication of any progress, and we are quickly reaching the point where the lack of income is going to have a greater negative impact on the game than the botters.
At the very least, the devs should keep us up-to-date on any progress (in general).
'Understanding' is the difference between an informed populace and a mob.

I

imported_Spacey

I agree with one poster that building items are just way too high. I had a mishap that tiled areas that I did not want tiled... and it zapped most of my money away. Somehow it got stuck. I had this happen in TSO too, but not sure what caused it. It was easier to stomach when I had lots of money, but now it is aggravating. I won't be tiling anything soon!!! *sigh*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I had a mishap that tiled areas that I did not want tiled... and it zapped most of my money away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch... is that still happening? I remember losing thousands of simoleans in JP when trying to tile a roof area - I can only imagine the frustration of it happening now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can understand the initial reasons for lowering payouts (even if I don't agree with them). Wanting to take care of the botting problem before 'cash-out' is enabled is a very big concern from a 'profit' point of view.
However - it has been a long time with no indication of any progress, and we are quickly reaching the point where the lack of income is going to have a greater negative impact on the game than the botters.
At the very least, the devs should keep us up-to-date on any progress (in general).
'Understanding' is the difference between an informed populace and a mob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Donovan and I agree 100%.
People also have to understand the reason payouts are so low is not just because of botting. There are heaps of ways that large amounts of simoleans can still be made with multiple accounts and not using any third party software.
There is also more problems to come if the devs introduce some of the plans they have installed. For instants, from what I understand they intend to make it so each account can have 5 sims in EA Land and play all 5 at the same time. A player can then make 5 times what they are now with no further investment. Does that mean they will lower the payouts to one fifth what they are now.

I

imported_Brownie

I had a couple of thoughts on the ATM machines.
One one hand, it seems to me that they give an unfair advantage to those that can afford to buy somoleans, vs. those that cannot, much as botters have an advantage vs. real ppl playing. It also seems that it goes against the whole "fixing the economy" premise.

On the other hand, the reality is that the ability to purchase simoleans has always been around via e-bay &amp; paypal, and that the majority of ppl selling were, in fact, botters. The pro of these atm machines is that the prices are standardized and it does to some degree reduce the need to bot, (although I imagine eventually ppl will sell for less than EA's going rate, hmm, so maybe not).

I do agree that this should be a game and not a second job, I think there is alot of frustration for ppl trying to build there own homes and had it not been for the kindness of store owners dropping prices on merged items, I for one would be painting 24/7 for 6 months (lol) to build a home. And I am sorry, cuz I know this has hurt store owners with unmerged stuff. I will add I think its terribly unfair to store owners to keep raising the prices so high ppl cant afford to buy and owners cant see a profit. If you are going to lower ppls pay, shouldn't u lower the cost of goods &amp; services (i have noticed some have been as it now cost $3 to make a plate of food as opposed to $10).

As a money house I can make money to feed my guest, once i have them (lol), but I think it is terribly unfair that skill houses, with owners kind enough to stay open for us &amp; feed us, not be allowed some way of making money while hosting. Maybe a special permission setting for "Owners &amp; Roomies only" could be applied to some money making objects in skill houses.

Sorry if any of this was off topic or addressed in another post.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple, don't buy the simoleans from them.

Lol what we need it some way to help players who cant sit on their ass all day, or those who don't know how to make Custom Content.

It would be fun if we could hire people to work at our lots for a hourly wage we both agree on.

Or if we could have like a stock exchange and each lot would be a corporation if they chose to be, so players could buy stocks. So for like a CC store, the person buying the "stock" would give the owner and/or the roomies for the store $ to upload CC in return the CC that they upload will be put on sale. And any profits from the CC would be shared with the stock holders (the amount of stock holders could be limited to like 4 per a lot owner/roommate so that everyone can get a good profit).

I remember a stock exchange in 03, in AV created by a player that worked in a similar way that was long ago lol.

G

Tagging to last, with just a thought...

I've seen a number of threads and posts here on Stratics whose central theme was, "the payouts suck," and it's made me think. While it is certainly true that payouts are nothing compared to what they were in the legacy cities, it's also true that most things in EAL - particularly necessary staples - cost far less than they did in the legacy cities.

I'll use the searchlight as an example. That gas-guzzling beast cost - what - $5000 to refuel in the legacy cities. Now, it costs $500. Buffets used to cost $120 to set out. Now, just $12. I can power up a searchlight for an hour AND feed a number of hungry sims all for one night's salary at the dance club where I work as a level 2 DJ. That really ain't bad!

So, it seems to me, it's not the payouts that suck. Nor is it the price of necessary commodities that sucks. Plus, I've seen a number of items selling in stores for one-tenth the amount they went for in legacy cities, so even the stores here don't suck. It does seem that the price of land in many parts of EAL sucks, as does the cost of developing it. So, yes, the cost of home ownership sucks dead rhinosceri through a catheter tube.

But, seriously - is it really necessary for every sim in EAL to own a size-8 mega-Walmart-from-Hell? No, it's not. Besides, if you're absolutely itching for a place to plop a yard gnome or a pink flamingo or that cheezy Brittney Spears poster you bought, why not move into an existing house? There are a number of existing houses in need of roommates!

If, after giving it some thought, you decide that your one-day-old sim with $500 to her name absolutely must have that lavishly-furnished size 8 box-from-hell on a remote island in what used to be Dragon's Cove -- Well, it's gonna cost you; that's what the ATMs are for.

The game provides everything your sim needs to survive and slowly work his or her way up the ladder, at no cost to you beyond your monthly subscription. If this isn't enough for your material sim, there's the ATM machine. You have options now that you've never had before without resorting to foul play.