Gather at the Throne Room – Sunday, 3/27 7 p.m. EST

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Does anyone know whether participants should expect yet another huge LAG fest or whether the Event has been planned to avoid as much LAG as possible to participants ?

I attended the Event about the killing of the Queen and LAG made the fighting part of the Event quite unplayable.

What are participants expected to be involved in ?

I read somewhere about some rewards, are they just for the fastest looters of corpses (which I would imagine might be those using looting scripts....), or will the rewards be given to all participants ?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 2, 2008
Michigan
Yup, the lag will be huge. Thanks for the heads up SinDee, I think I will avoid this "event" and save myself a lot of frustration.

As to rewards for the event, if they are like they have been it is either fastest looters, or one who does most damage. Fastest looter equates to macros. Damage done will always fall to tamers with their pets.

And besides "HUGE MOB SPAWN" is simply not my idea of a fun event. Been there far too many times.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Yup, the lag will be huge. Thanks for the heads up SinDee, I think I will avoid this "event" and save myself a lot of frustration.

As to rewards for the event, if they are like they have been it is either fastest looters, or one who does most damage. Fastest looter equates to macros. Damage done will always fall to tamers with their pets.

And besides "HUGE MOB SPAWN" is simply not my idea of a fun event. Been there far too many times.

I would have hoped that after past Events where many felt the LAG as making the Event hardly playable, some changes to the dynamics of these Events had been made.

From the replies so far it seems that this is not the case.

Quite sad, IMHO.

S

Stig

The lag is still there in Events as it salways been, but I can report that they must have doen something as I can now participate in theses events even with the lag , before i could not even move. So what ever it is they have done..., i say well done and please keep working on it.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 19, 2004
Two questions.

First:Can we have some events not held on the weekends? I would like to attend some events as well. I try not to complain about this but the closest I get to "attend" an event is to read about it on stratics a day after it is over.

Second: My most capable character is Pro-Bane. If I were able to attend,would I find a place to fight along side him?((opps never mind this one.I didn't read when the event happened))

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2006
Catskills
Two questions.

First:Can we have some events not held on the weekends? I would like to attend some events as well. I try not to complain about this but the closest I get to "attend" an event is to read about it on stratics a day after it is over.

Second: My most capable character is Pro-Bane. If I were able to attend,would I find a place to fight along side him?((opps never mind this one.I didn't read when the event happened))
I pretty sure you cant fight for him if you are pro you can attack the meer that came with us i guess that were aiding us in are fight with bane.

I think the hole which side to fight for during the city invasions was to see where the shard as a hole would lean towards and then the ending fight would see victory for that faction but that is what I think no facts to back this up

But this a great fight and the gifts are very nice!

R

Rodan/Linu

Anyone have a report on this event or maybe some screenshots?