• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gargoyles Chugging Pots with Hands full

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was fighting a gargoyle today and he had a wep in his hand and a shield and he was still chugging pots. Do the rules not apply to this class and I do not know about it?

@Kyronix @Bleak

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I was fighting a gargoyle today and he had a wep in his hand and a shield and he was still chugging pots. Do the rules not apply to this class and I do not know about it?

@Kyronix @Bleak

How careful were you to watch? In EC and other programs it is possible to write a macro to take the wep off, chug, then put the weapon back on... or shield for that matter.

Other possibility? im not sure if throwing weapons can be balanced... but did you happen to check for it on the wep?

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How careful were you to watch? In EC and other programs it is possible to write a macro to take the wep off, chug, then put the weapon back on... or shield for that matter.

Other possibility? im not sure if throwing weapons can be balanced... but did you happen to check for it on the wep?
Weapon is not balanced, player is not using the EC. There was no disarming of either the weapon or shield while chugging a potion.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Weapon is not balanced, player is not using the EC. There was no disarming of either the weapon or shield while chugging a potion.
so pretty much an exploit the player has found? Dang, i wonder how long this has been going on and its just now being reported.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't say it's being reported, because if they can't figure out what causes it, it will not get fixed. (LMC bug)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How do you know what client the other person is using?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you test it? Kyrite runs a garg with full hands and I asked him about chugging and he says he has to disarm every time.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's not a bug

in order to chug with 1 handed weapon and a shield you need to finish the Basket Weaving Quest Line
Once you craft them all your character no longer needs balanced and can chug with a shield and a garg weapon.

Only gargs can do it

Good luck.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a bug

in order to chug with 1 handed weapon and a shield you need to finish the Basket Weaving Quest Line
Once you craft them all your character no longer needs balanced and can chug with a shield and a garg weapon.

Only gargs can do it

Good luck.
@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Is this really intended or an oversight? I think everyone would love to be able to chug with a wep and shield in hand. That would change pvp quite drastically.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not all potions require a free hand, i tell you the truth.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enter the gargoyle nation. Good addition to go with archers and parry mages