• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gargoyle questions:

S

SUPRsalad

Is there ANYTHING they can wear as a headpiece? What about the cinture? What about the quiver? Okay for humans/elves you've got:
1. legs
2. arms
3. gloves
4. chest
5. ring
6. bracelet
7. neck
8. head
9. quiver
10. cinture

so gargoyles only get:

1. legs
2. arms
3. kilt
4. chest
5. ring
6. bracelet
7. neck

Am i mistaken?? Doesn't this seem whack to anyone else? Is there a Shield of Invul. equivelant for gargoyles? All i need is a SC no neg with some DCI shield and I would have a decent setup for now, but seriously, the cons are starting to heavily outweigh to pros of being gargoyle..

What about faction items?? Is there any plan for new gargoyle faction items?
Im finding it way too hard to build a suit for a gargoyle here. . . C'mon, gimme something to work with!

S

SUPRsalad

Okay, so this is kindof a cool piece:

Mystic’s Guard (Small Wooden Shield)
 Gargoyles Only
 Soul Charge: 30%
 Spell Channeling
 DCI: 10%
 FCR: 2
 Physical Resist: 10%
 Energy Resist: 1%

wtf is soul charge? anyone got one of these yet?

D

Dreamz_imported

Okay, so this is kindof a cool piece:

Mystic’s Guard (Small Wooden Shield)
 Gargoyles Only
 Soul Charge: 30%
 Spell Channeling
 DCI: 10%
 FCR: 2
 Physical Resist: 10%
 Energy Resist: 1%

wtf is soul charge? anyone got one of these yet?
You can modify several items including artifacts to work for a gargoyle.

S

SUPRsalad

Really? What about that dragon shield thing? WHICH arties??
PLEASE TELL! Also, what about faction arties? ?? ? ? THIS MIGHT BE AWESOME! PLEASE TELL!

M

mutau

i think earrings are still separate. i think as a gargoyle you just forfeit the headgear for the horns.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyle Armor has a higher base resist than human/elf armor so less pieces are required.

S

SUPRsalad

i think earrings are still separate. i think as a gargoyle you just forfeit the headgear for the horns.
false. I saw a pair of gargoyle earrings that had 30 resists lmc and lrc.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i want an answer on this so bad it hurts. . .
I don't know how it works, or what grooups of items qualify, but I have seen items converted to Gargoyle usable. Recommend Checking Uhall, players corner and SA thread pages. If I hear anything I will Q ye.

S

SUPRsalad

i feel like i've looked pretty hard.. i can't find ****. . .

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i feel like i've looked pretty hard.. i can't find ****. . .
I did search for alter and gargoyle.
So far it SEEMS like these hold true.
Unenhanced crafted items can be turned(reg leather, Iron), as long as it is an item a gargy can wear.
Armor of fortune may be but many arties had trouble or can't be.
Seems it is an option in crafting menus, down near make last etc buttons.

All I could really find. Perhaps a pm to Frarc from Drachenfels, he did a lot of in depth testing during beta.

S

SUPRsalad

Yeah, but what im finding is that the beta testing has no real relevance on the actual SA release.

AOF, EH???

I thinks I'll give that a whirl. . I tried arcane shield, as well as heart of the lion. Both do not work.

I DID figure out the deal with the jewelry though. Heres basically my findings:

BASICALLY, they messed up. BECAUSE gargoyles have a higher BASE resist for armor (50pts each), BUT have less pieces to work with, their overall armor score therefore was lacking behind Humans just a little. SO what they wanted to do was use the earrings to try to balance that out, which, actually, they over-shot their mark, and Gargoyles came out ahead.

SO, basically, it was a great idea, but they forgot to make them mage armor... Right now, it would take 10 abyssal cloth to make one set of earrings mage armor. At the current price, that would be 20mil for one set of earrings with only 30 resists on them. . . From there, it seems like you can go ahead and imbue on three more mods. (armor, not jewelry mods)

SO, basically, it is NOT really humanly possible for anyone to come up with a good pair of earrings, as of yet. We'll basically just have to wait it out, but it sounds as though they're making runic tinkering tools. However, this won't change the base resists of the jewels, only the mods. I think if you're making exceptional with these tools, they'll come out mage armor.
(I already have a pair of earrings that, if mage armor, would put me at all 70s.)

From there, It sounds like you can imbue any regular armor mod. (MR, SR, LMC, RP, etc.)

S

SUPRsalad

THE GOOD NEWS
is that when they are done ****ing with it,

it sounds like gargoyles come out way ahead on their suits. . . Im not wasting a race change to go back to human, Ill just live with it for now.

Steve Zissou WILL fight people..

S

SUPRsalad

basically, as of now, there is no way to make a decent pvp suit for a gargoyle. . .

the very best you will be able to do currently is 30 DCI no matter HOW you look at it. PERIOD. . .

I posted the solution to both problems in stratics:

1. Earrings: Meditable, nuff said...
2. gargish heart of the lion. .

DONE DEAL! Ill stop pancakes and start owning. . .

S

SUPRsalad

okay Here is how a gargish suit that can compete with the big-boys will work
(and this will only work with wrestling, so we're talking about a template that is more defensive than offensive i.e. its gonna be hard to get kills)

1. heart of the lion (if that ever happens, which i somehow doubt)
2.mystics guard shield (10DCI + /2 casting)
3./1 ring with 15 DCI (probably needs lrc, and SDI is a must. EP would be nice)
4. medable earrings, preferably, with lrc.
5. REALLY nice legs, arms and kilt.
6. pendent.
7. orny
8. empty right hand, for teh chug.

That puts you at 45 Dci, and I suppose, thats playable.

thats it. thats the only way as far as I can see, until they offer us another main slot piece (arms, legs, kilt, or necklace) with DCI. At this point, you may be able to slip in a SC no neg Mage weap with DCI, and take yr garg from being a defensive template to something a little more offensive. . .

Ideas? Questions? Comments?

Please, PLEASE, let me know if you disagree.

S

SUPRsalad

Just realized something else:

gargoyles have no slot for sash. . .

that means.. no royal guard. . .

I call bull****

R

RichDC

See my post on your other thread on how to alter shields and what i tested it on.

S

SUPRsalad

so, someone on the other thread had a brilliant idea for building a pretty nice gargoyle suit..

it would put mine to shame, and, as i expected, i still need one of those shields with /2 casting and 10 dci... has anyone got one yet? Wanna sell it?