• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Garg thrower templates

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I've had 4 or 5 so far. The PvM ones have been wammy with bandages, sampire with ss (for vamp or wraith), and swords/throwing for a whirlwind/champ type.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not the best but what I use is:

120 Throwing
120 Bushido
100 Tac
100 Ana
100 Heal
100 SS
80 Chiv
30 Necro from Jewely set

720 Skill points & fight as a wraith. Carry both Cyclone(best overall dps), & Soul Glaive for targets I need max distants for. Only draw back to Wraith is no flight for when you need to run away. This is also purely PvM.

Raze(tmg)

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about pvp templates?
still deciding if i should use this for pvm or pvp

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Throw
100 Tact
100 Anat
100 Heal
100 Chiv
110 Focus
100 Mystic (jewels)

Suit is non-LRC and uses all the Garg warrior artis except Void Kilt - so far! I use Mystic scrolls instead of regs or LRC suit, because I mainly want Stone Form and the mass heal/cure of Cleansing Winds.

I also use Imbued EP50 ring, which with free hand chugging, keeps me at 150/150 Dex & Str.

I might later switch to LRC suit, but for now the garg arti armor gives too much stat and HCI & DCI boosts to give up...

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Swords
120 Throwing
120 Resist
120 Tactics
120 Parry
105 Chiv

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using:
120 throw
120 anat
120 tact
100 heal
100 bush
65 chiv
45 necro
45 ssi

I am running 182 stamina with 20 ssi on suit and 30ssi soul glaives to give me a swing speed of 1.5 sec(insane dps with ai). I use the bush mostly for honor, momentum strike, lighting strike if I am not in wraith form. I use pots/petals/boxes to make up for no resist.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice Template,

Could you list your dex, stamina and how you have your stats set? I am having a bit of trouble reaching that high in stamina.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love my Garg Thrower, he is Super versatile and can solo tons of stuff, or works great in a group.

Throwing 120
Mystic 120
Focus 120
Anat 100 (12 on ring)
Tactics 100
Magery 92
Chiv 80

Stats in his suit are Str. 122, Dex 60 (91 stam), Int 106.

Suit is all medable, 100 LRC, 40 LMC, all 70 resist and around 16 MR. Weapons are almost all Soulglaves with 30 SSI, SC -1, Mana Leech, DI, and a Slayer.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a blast playing my thrower! I over capped his HCI to negate the -12 hci penalty when fighting hand to hand. It's kinda neat to be able to have the choice of hand to hand or ranged attack and only use one weapon skill. About the only negative to it is not being able to use evasion.

So far I have only used him at baracoon spawns and the Primeval Lich spawn. Without honoring the baracoon I was able to chain armor ignore (average 200 point AI's), and did more damage than the archer who honored it.

I can't stand playing temps without resist, so that could be dropped to free up alot of skill points.

first build: (710 cap, 29 heal/10 anat on jewels)
120 throwing
120 bushido
120 resist
100 tactics
100 anat
99 necro
90 heal

Trying to work in chiv now for EoO:
(710 cap, 29 heal/10 anat on jewels)
120 throw
110 bush
100 resist
99 necro
90 tactics
90 heal
80 anat
60 chiv

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They said so although i notice that hand to hand with mobs my thrower misses hell of a lot.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love my Garg Thrower, he is Super versatile and can solo tons of stuff, or works great in a group.

Throwing 120
Mystic 120
Focus 120
Anat 100 (12 on ring)
Tactics 100
Magery 92
Chiv 80

Stats in his suit are Str. 122, Dex 60 (91 stam), Int 106.

Suit is all medable, 100 LRC, 40 LMC, all 70 resist and around 16 MR. Weapons are almost all Soulglaves with 30 SSI, SC -1, Mana Leech, DI, and a Slayer.
Mine is similar..except i run mine without anat instead I run this template with:

120 throwing, 120 tactic, 120 focus, 120 mystic, gm mage, 70 chiv and 70 med.
My suits are also all meddable with around the same mods as yours. Like you i also use soulglaives with a slayer mod that after imbuing I enhanced with dull copper becauuse of lower str requirment and the bonus I get in durability. I pof up up to around 150 and after enhancing with dull coppwer i have 255. but mainly i enhance with dull copper because i get one range bonus on my weops. I usually only carry one weopon that has spellchannel..the others I use the mystic spell enchant to give me temporarly spellchannel and a 60% fireball, lightining etc hit. GM magery I not only use for invis but also for mass dispell in case my colly decided to wander off ;-) I am even considering putting my magery at 110 as then I will never fail on a mass dispell

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like you i also use soulglaives with a slayer mod that after imbuing I enhanced with dull copper becauuse of lower str requirment and the bonus I get in durability.
If you leave your weapons iron, when the max durability drops to double or single digits, imbuing with dull copper will bring the max durability back up, extending your weapons life considerably.

J

[JD]

but mainly i enhance with dull copper because i get one range bonus on my weops

im not sure what he meant, maybe his str is low so the lower requirements lets his sweet spot be from a farther point? i just made a soul glaive and cyclone out of iron, enhanced dull copper, and ranges listed on the weapons stayed the same (11, and 9 respectively).. my crafter has 139 str

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your normal max range on a Soul Glave is 10. If you have 140 Str. it goes to 11. I assume (I have not tested it) that the DC, which lowers the Str requirement, will allow the 11 range with Str, well below 140.

J

[JD]

the range before and after dc enhancement stayed the same; ie before enhancement it was 11 range on the soul glaive, after it remained 11

C

Cloak&Dagger

the range before and after dc enhancement stayed the same; ie before enhancement it was 11 range on the soul glaive, after it remained 11
The example has to be on a character that the range would normally be 10. The range can never go above 11, so if it was already 11 it shouldn't matter. (I am theorizing here as I did not test it)