• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game Codes UO Store

jaraxlebaenrae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO how long does it take to receive them after purchase? Its been over 12 hours and still nothing.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ive often had to wait a day or two before I get mine. Dont know why it sometimes takes that long, might have something to do with which country you order from. I always pay with CC so that transaction shouldnt be a problem - but who knows...........

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I got one with PayPal and it arrived instantly.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't get it. Every time I have ordered something with a code needed, yes it says that they will email me the code...BUT the code is also instantly right there on my paid check-out transition page. I've never had to wait for the email.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from newsletter the other day:

"Recently some of the player base may have noticed that an Origin store purchase they have made did not arrive or complete as expected. A confirmation or code email has not been received and you are wondering what may have occurred with your order. The Origin store enacts reviews on all transactions to safeguard against fraudulent purchases, and these reviews may take up to 72 hours. Unfortunately our Billing department is not able to expedite or circumvent this process, however players who have questions or concerns regarding a store purchase can contact Origin support for assistance using the below link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/"

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't get it. Every time I have ordered something with a code needed, yes it says that they will email me the code...BUT the code is also instantly right there on my paid check-out transition page. I've never had to wait for the email.
Me too. I guess it helps to have a MAJOR CC already tied to your account that has never had a problem.

jaraxlebaenrae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats what i thought also, i havent bought from the store in a long time and I recently took away the reoccurring payments and decided to use gametime codes/

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you use a "verified" payment option - as in one they flagged as legit - it's auto approved i think. I have only waited once, and that was when my card was renewed.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll knock the devs over in game stuff but I've never had this issue with codes. I use my cc, as soon as I purchase something I have it immediately. You folks that are having to wait days for codes, makes no sense to me.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll knock the devs over in game stuff but I've never had this issue with codes. I use my cc, as soon as I purchase something I have it immediately. You folks that are having to wait days for codes, makes no sense to me.
This is not user error, it's just more BS from EA. I've made plenty of purchases from the origin store with the exact same card that is stored by EA as part of my profile. Some go through instantly and some take 3 days.

Funny thing is... I've never heard of anyone complaining about delays from any other site...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is not user error, it's just more BS from EA. I've made plenty of purchases from the origin store with the exact same card that is stored by EA as part of my profile. Some go through instantly and some take 3 days.

Funny thing is... I've never heard of anyone complaining about delays from any other site...
There are plenty of other sites that will not ship until they have received their payment in full, this is not just an EA thing. I have never waited for anything from EA, even when I changed my CC because my CC holder thought some of their cards were hacked so they just issued new cards to be safe.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are plenty of other sites that will not ship until they have received their payment in full, this is not just an EA thing. I have never waited for anything from EA, even when I changed my CC because my CC holder thought some of their cards were hacked so they just issued new cards to be safe.
So since it hasn't happened to you, it must not exist right? All these folks who are sick and tired of ****ty service from EA... they are just crazy or they must be doing something wrong... you know cause EA is the bright star in the sky when it comes to customer service.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So since it hasn't happened to you, it must not exist right? All these folks who are sick and tired of ****ty service from EA... they are just crazy or they must be doing something wrong... you know cause EA is the bright star in the sky when it comes to customer service.
Where is your reading comprehension at, did you not read the first sentence, let me answer that for you no I did not read it. Maybe if they had better CCs then it would not be a problem or had a better record with EA it might not be a problem. It is obvious to I hope even you that EA like other companies have had their run with bad CCs and if you choose to use questionable CC providers then you get what you pay for. Here let me help you, get a MAJOR CC backed by a MAJOR Financial institution and maybe you will get your **** on time like some of us do or you can keep getting your cheap CCs and whine.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where is your reading comprehension at, did you not read the first sentence, let me answer that for you no I did not read it. Maybe if they had better CCs then it would not be a problem or had a better record with EA it might not be a problem. It is obvious to I hope even you that EA like other companies have had their run with bad CCs and if you choose to use questionable CC providers then you get what you pay for. Here let me help you, get a MAJOR CC backed by a MAJOR Financial institution and maybe you will get your **** on time like some of us do or you can keep getting your cheap CCs and whine.
Bank of America and Chase ARE major financial institutions. Neither of which have ever had a transaction declined by EA, so all your blathering is just blowing smoke. Like I said before, blaming this on the users for something they must have done wrong is crap. This is EA.

Furthermore, when was the last time you walked into any store and tried to pay with a credit card and got a "maybe, come back in 3 days". Either the card is approved (which btw is considered payment in full) or it isn't.

I worked 8 years in the finance department of a company that processed billions of dollars in transaction both in the US and other countries. By far the bulk of those transactions were on credit cards... and NEVER ONCE did we give a customer a "maybe, wait 3 days". EA is trying to reduce chargebacks, plain and simple... the problem is they have chosen an approach that punishes the customer rather than beefing up their authentication process.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bank of America and Chase ARE major financial institutions. Neither of which have ever had a transaction declined by EA, so all your blathering is just blowing smoke. Like I said before, blaming this on the users for something they must have done wrong is crap. This is EA.

Furthermore, when was the last time you walked into any store and tried to pay with a credit card and got a "maybe, come back in 3 days". Either the card is approved (which btw is considered payment in full) or it isn't.

I worked 8 years in the finance department of a company that processed billions of dollars in transaction both in the US and other countries. By far the bulk of those transactions were on credit cards... and NEVER ONCE did we give a customer a "maybe, wait 3 days". EA is trying to reduce chargebacks, plain and simple... the problem is they have chosen an approach that punishes the customer rather than beefing up their authentication process.
Then whats their selection process for doing this ? As I said in my reply, I've never had a single issue regarding this. I'm certainly not special in EAs eyes.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You are so full of BS. Almost all companies that sell stuff over the internet do not ship items until the transaction has cleared, ie they get their money first before shipping. We are not talking stores that you just walk into off the street, get a clue. You do realize that almost all institutions know about the numbers used on CCs and how they are rated and if you don't think they are rated then I am sorry. Oh and EA like all other institutions are not trying to avoid chargebacks, they are trying to insure that they get their money before they send out their product. A standard BoA or Chase CC does not have a very high rating, does it even carry the VISA or MC logo on it, those are known as upgrades and have a higher credit rating.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
If you use paypal ...you will have no problem and the delivery is instantly....

Even if I buy 5-10 codes ..1 after the other..

Now if you try the same thing with a cc. Not only you will get a delay but you may also have a chance to EA flag ur cc as suspicious transaction

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are so full of BS. Almost all companies that sell stuff over the internet do not ship items until the transaction has cleared, ie they get their money first before shipping. We are not talking stores that you just walk into off the street, get a clue. You do realize that almost all institutions know about the numbers used on CCs and how they are rated and if you don't think they are rated then I am sorry. Oh and EA like all other institutions are not trying to avoid chargebacks, they are trying to insure that they get their money before they send out their product. A standard BoA or Chase CC does not have a very high rating, does it even carry the VISA or MC logo on it, those are known as upgrades and have a higher credit rating.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I will not debate an issue with someone so ignorant.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then whats their selection process for doing this ? As I said in my reply, I've never had a single issue regarding this. I'm certainly not special in EAs eyes.
That would be a really good question. I've done enough transactions with the origin store, that I really can't see any rhyme or reason to it...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I had a delay the first time I bought on Origin, but had no delays after that, I used a MasterCard. But 3 days does seem like a very long delay!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I use a CC from a lesser known company and have never had a problem. Longest wait might have been an hour once or twice, but that was probably more of an issue with my email. I have also NEVER charged anything back on any of my credit accounts.

Word to the wise - don't connect your Debit cards to anything on the web, including EA/Mythic/Origin.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a CC from a lesser known company and have never had a problem. Longest wait might have been an hour once or twice, but that was probably more of an issue with my email. I have also NEVER charged anything back on any of my credit accounts.

Word to the wise - don't connect your Debit cards to anything on the web, including EA/Mythic/Origin.
I used Paypal Sunday still waiting on my code

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As more and more people get pissed off by this and quit renewing, their workload to have to approve will lighten up and service will get faster...that is, untill enough of us quit to cause them to get laid off

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sunday and Monday were none working days so you should get them today.
That has got to be the stupidest justification I have heard from you yet... ya, no one sells stuff on weekends or holidays.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That has got to be the stupidest justification I have heard from you yet... ya, no one sells stuff on weekends or holidays.
And you show your ignorance every time you open your mouth and have absolutely no clue as to how EA verifies anything, it is all about slamming EA. Other major companies do the same thing EA does but that would be ok with you. Do you think every institution leaves their verification system on during a holiday. That person may have a new pay-pal account so do you think EA is just going to send out stuff without knowing if it will get its stuff. Wasn't there a scam with Pay-Pal a while back where people were buying stuff on the week-ends and then stopping payment, yes there was so you expect EA to lose money on a sale that they can not verify or wait to get the cash first. It must suck to live in your perfect world and find out the real world doesn't work they way you want it to. You have ZERO clue as to any past transaction anybody here has had but to you it is always EAs fault

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And you show your ignorance every time you open your mouth and have absolutely no clue as to how EA verifies anything, it is all about slamming EA. Other major companies do the same thing EA does but that would be ok with you. Do you think every institution leaves their verification system on during a holiday. That person may have a new pay-pal account so do you think EA is just going to send out stuff without knowing if it will get its stuff. Wasn't there a scam with Pay-Pal a while back where people were buying stuff on the week-ends and then stopping payment, yes there was so you expect EA to lose money on a sale that they can not verify or wait to get the cash first. It must suck to live in your perfect world and find out the real world doesn't work they way you want it to. You have ZERO clue as to any past transaction anybody here has had but to you it is always EAs fault
So you walk into Walmart on Saturday morning, pick out your groceries, check out at the counter, then come back on Monday to pick them up. Yup, I'm the one showing my ignorance. Take your meds and go back to bed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you walk into Walmart on Saturday morning, pick out your groceries, check out at the counter, then come back on Monday to pick them up. Yup, I'm the one showing my ignorance. Take your meds and go back to bed.
Another ignorant comment but what would we expect out of you.