• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gaining Stealth?

B

Brgers

I've tried newbie clothe, a robe, etc... at 26.5 and im stuck. Can't even GGS

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've tried newbie clothe, a robe, etc... at 26.5 and im stuck. Can't even GGS

What's your hiding?....also you can try this....if you have a customizable house, make a teleporter "treadmill". Meaning put one pad at one end of a room the other directly across at the other end. Then while walking from one to the other click the left mouse button while holding the right you should be able to let go of the mouse and it keep walking. This way you have an infinite straight line to walk and all you gotta do is keep hitting the hide button.

Also I'm not sure but at low levels you might have to manually activate the stealth skill instead of it automatically starting up when you go to take a step. At your skill though you should be wearing nothing but clothing and be fine.

B

Brgers

It's 100 hiding, i've worked stealth up so many times in the past. It's just not moving right now.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what i did on my stealth is auto follow an animal hidden.
took me about 3 days around 2 hours a day to gm.

i used a hind in a low populated area.
i did it attended, also at the same time i was pushing the hide button, so i gained both skills.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go to a moon gate and hop around. that way you don't have to wait on the hiding timer and you can stealth a lot more. just put on different armor as you gain skill. more non med plate pieces as you go.

R

Rifanil

Just came back to the game after a long absence and I'm trying to gain stealth on a character on Siege. Gains were good for a while, but I'm stuck at 25.3 right now. When I try to stealth, either by using the skill or moving, I get the message "You cannot use this ability while mounted." But I'm not mounted. I've tried mounting and dismounting, thinking something might be stuck, I've taken everything off, an died. Still get the message. I don't believe there are any spells in effect on the char right now.

Any thoughts?

S

ShadowJack

try buying it past where you are at, can't you get it to low 30's from thief gm, or ninja or something?

R

Rifanil

Hey Shadowjack, thanks for the response.

Can't buy skills up on Siege - at least I don't think I can. And the toon is red, so the
townsfolk aren't generally very helpful :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the 'mounted' message is a known bug, should be fixed soon I think.

You're right about buying skills on Siege, can't do it. Best I can suggest is get a couple of jewels to boost you past the block. There's a couple of good skill jewellery sellers around. Jasmine's near Safehaven, Necessity shop West side of Yew gate and H&H gift shop just south of the West Vesper Bridge.

R

Rifanil

Thanks Petra. I think there was a stealth gain bug on Siege around the time I stopped actively playing - feels like home now :)

And thanks for the shop pointers - I'm pretty sure I've visited all but the shop in SaveHaven. I'll make my way there in the next couple days.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you could also consider temporarily getting a little ninja. Ninja animal forms rabbit and rat give a boost to stealth and take 0 skill to cast, just need the spell book in your pack.