• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

gaining rank

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
greetings all. Firstly I have read the faction 101 post and understand that as of a while back faction rank may be bugged or broken on some players chars. I have joined in on factions and as of yet have not killed another opposing faction player. the faction that i have joined has an exceptional member that through kindness has taken pity on me and helped me in starting my journey of knowledge of PVP. I have asked him this same question, and while i do belive his answer, i feel that i should ask in forum for those like me.

QUESTION: Is it possible to achieve a rank higher than 7 just by fighting and killing opposeing faction monsters?

I have bought an arti but can not wear it because of my rank being too low.
My mentor has told me that he is willing to get together with me and "give me" some of his rank in the "I honor thee" way, however he has already done so much for me and I could in no way pay him back for his kindness as it is, I would hate to bring down his points.
I know others would jump at the idea, but taken into account, Ive been playing since the begining ( almost) and all of my skills have been raised the old fashion way, and mostly solo. I appreciate the fact that there are those in game that are willing to give up great amounts to help others, and i am proud to know them, i just hate being the one that takes the charity.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only way to gain rank is kill points, have to kill an opposing faction member.

Y

Yalp

then it must be buggy.. cause I've not killed anything except opposing faction mobs for silver... and I'm at rank 5.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then it must be buggy..
I'd say that's an understatement.

Often times if your faction is completely empty you'll gain rank easily. On Great Lakes in Minax I think all you need is like 2 or 3 points and you are rank 10.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then it must be buggy.. cause I've not killed anything except opposing faction mobs for silver... and I'm at rank 5.
Someone gave you points then. Because there is no way to get points from just killing faction mobs. Only way to get points is from killing an enemy faction member,stealing sigils, placing faction traps and killing people with them, or removing faction traps(i think you get points for that, not sure though).

Oh and the only way to raise your rank is to get points.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone gave you points then. Because there is no way to get points from just killing faction mobs. Only way to get points is from killing an enemy faction member,stealing sigils, placing faction traps and killing people with them, or removing faction traps(i think you get points for that, not sure though).

You don't get points from your traps killing people or removing them. The only way to get points is stealing sigs (unfortunately) and killing people.

You can go up in rank pretty high with 0 points if your faction has mostly people with lower points.

Y

Yalp

can someone give me points w/o me getting a message or a gump? I haven't placed any traps.. did steal some sigils, but I was already at rank 5. Have put a hit or 2 on an opposing faction member, but didn't get the kill. But again, already had the rank before I got into a fight.