• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Gaining Parry past 100

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I started bushido before I'd topped out parry.
No matter what I try, parry gains suck. Multiple sheep, with or without bush / shield
Same with harpies, just slow gains period. 2 weeks to go from 100 to 102

Am I totally missing something here?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It shouldn't matter, but if you have a soul stone, stone off bushido and try again.

If you don't, then just be patient.

Y

Yen Sid

I started bushido before I'd topped out parry.
No matter what I try, parry gains suck. Multiple sheep, with or without bush / shield
Same with harpies, just slow gains period. 2 weeks to go from 100 to 102

Am I totally missing something here?
I know the feeling. I'm at 107 or so and I can't get any gains lol. Any advice sure would help, other then sitting there getting a gain every 4 hours off of sheep :\.

C

Capt.E

Try using a 2-handed weapon that you have no weapon skill in. i.e. If you are swords buy a black staff from a smith shop.

Oh and make sure you aren't in war mode.

Also some... Like 15 dci helps. Don't go overboard though. Keep it at around 15.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jhelom Dueling Pit

ONLY fight the females for gains (males give no or very slow gains).

1) Hire 2 females at a time releasing them in the bottom of the Jhelom Fighting Pits. I usually drag 10-12 down there to begin with.
2) Undress and put on some 2+ Self Repair armor and find a 2+ Self Repair 2-handed weapon that is NOT a weapon you are skilled in.
3) Go into WAR mode and disarm the female fighters using wrestling or weapon. **IF using a weapon, come out of war mode ASAP and drop bandies on them to heal them back up so they don't die on you.
4) After all the females are beating on you, ensure you are NOT hitting them using the 2 handed weapon and you are in peace mode, NOT war mode. I usually cycle war/peace a few times to ensure I'm not whacking one of them.
5) Pull 10 of the female fighter health bars up and keep an eye on them, occasionally, you make contact with one and do some damage. Just drop bandies on them, cycle war/peace and stand there taking the abuse.

The parry gains happen rather rapidly and you just sit there and heal yourself with bandies while they whack on you.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A 2 handed weapon helped. 1.2 in 30 minutes to 103.2.
Also being on foot, not mounted

This may actually work
:)

Thanks for your coments and advice, I was ready to trash the idea

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buy 40 necro from haven and go into horific beast form (for the hp regen), Have a wepon you have no skill in, wear npc armour as its gona loose alot of durability and break, go to yew sheep pens and get as many sheep as you can handle on you (usually 5-8), you can go from 40-120 in about an 2 hours doing nothing ;)

Did i miss anything? Been a while since i did it!

Thunderz

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thunderz said it.....

For the fastest Parry gains....
- Stone off Bushido
- Fast 1 handed weapon that you have no skill in
- No shield (If you can't stone off Bushido, then use a shield)
-- You want your chance to parry to be at the lowest possible chance.
- More sheep the better. Add the cat too if you can. 7 is better than 6 and 9 is better than 8. Also, note you may have to adjust your position so they can all be hitting you. The 9th animal isn't doing any good sitting outside the circle.

It also helps if you have a char shuttle in new weapons and suits to wear. Last time I did this I went from 80 or so to 120 in just a little over 4 hours.

Q