• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FY teamed up with OJ's?

• Thread starter Silver Shadow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
S

Silver Shadow

After cleanin shop at a fel idoc this morning. Some FY trammy started talking trash on global. He said he took "the coon" from me. Which he certainly couldn't of because i was never there. I went there and took the coon from 3 of them. Shortly after, i get raided by 3 oj's. Didnt check to see what faction it was. Are they actually teamin up?

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I can just see them trash talking you when you weren't even there. Hehe.

L

longshanks

no. shadow, i can assure u that FY is not allying up with any factions. Unlike the oath/com alliance.

matter a fact last nite fy was attacked outside of destard by com, tb and sl.
Interesting to see that they attacked us rather than each other at the outset.

Good for u if you took the coon. Were not the best on this shard for sure, but we raid consistently whether we have the numbers or not.

L

longshanks

I will go further on this point.

The Oath / Com alliance is huge. Oath will not make a move in fel if COM don't protect them.

Uhoh is back now. They have several faction alliances, and when they run on chessy they running with big numbers, or they don't run. Outside of Tom, Pearl and sometimes Achilles.

We have the 4th largest non faction guild on this shard. We have no allliance. Further, many of our members dont have any interest in pvp. Very rarely are we running with 6 plus numbers in fel.

We are actually the only hybrid guild on this shard as we mix tram and fel activities.

We had a big discussion about the faction thing but were not going down that road. The core group of our guild have been together for some time now and were not into zerging it up.

theres so much more money to be made in tram anyway at the moment. We fight in fel for the fights, not the scrolls. With the exception of 3 scrolls most trade for under 5 mln.

Sorry bout the trash talk. The council of FY abhors it and try to keep it to a minimum.

S

Sir Achilles

I was at destard last night after most of the fighting with FY was over, there were still a couple of you guys there though and anytime an oj came on screen I would focus my attention on the oj...in my book they are always the first and primary threat. :scholar:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was at destard last night after most of the fighting with FY was over, there were still a couple of you guys there though and anytime an oj came on screen I would focus my attention on the oj...in my book they are always the first and primary threat. :scholar:
I hear that much of your power is derived from your bushy mustache - can you confirm this?

C

Clair The Mystic

I will go further on this point.

We are actually the only hybrid guild on this shard as we mix tram and fel activities.
Really? I have to disagree. Oath does fel and tram stuff if you need an example. Other guilds venture to Fel on a regular basis, it's just not an all the time thing.

L

longshanks

Your definition of minimum must greatly vary from mine.
well its true that the council does not like it. Mostly our guildleader. Some in the rank and file however do express themselves from time to time.

We do try to act honorably on the field and we have returned items lost by your guild during fights.

so, it is what it is.

L

longshanks

Really? I have to disagree. Oath does fel and tram stuff if you need an example. Other guilds venture to Fel on a regular basis, it's just not an all the time thing.
glad to hear this. more are always welcome in fel. though i can tell you we check spawns pretty regularly at nite and most nites t2a is a ghost town.

I tend to see oath out only when in force and backed by com. Otherwise there presence in fel is lacking. this is just my observation mind you. i dont count oath and gs blues standing around yew gate. 10 blues backed by guard zone trying to gank one red is not pvp in my opinion.

i do see com guys act independently.

uhoh is back and their presence is felt, but they get on at 10 pm and frankly i work for a living and cant play very late so...

otherwise i really dont see many other guilds in fel.

question for achilles: why does tom have chars in both sl and tb? just wondering.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I dunno who is doing the spawn checking because we rarely ever run into people scouting when we are scouting/spawning

S

Sir Achilles

question for achilles: why does tom have chars in both sl and tb? just wondering.
Tom's SL char has been SL since we first joined factions back a couple years ago, that was his trammy char that never left tram, I suppose he decided to pvp with him now, he is switching to TB, in fact I think he should be TB today if i'm not mistaken. :thumbup1:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And 90% of the random SLs or COMs that are playing with us; give it a week. A lot of guys have come back or turned on accts that have been in other factions. They are all dropping them; but realize that it takes 3 days (72 hours) for the faction status to drop. Just so you guys know; if an orange is on our screen for more than 5 seconds; they are probably waiting to leave the faction. Otherwise; they would be dead. :thumbup1:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno who is doing the spawn checking because we rarely ever run into people scouting when we are scouting/spawning
And with the exception of a few folks; we check spawns with stealther chars. It's kind of hard to get a group of trammy blues to finish a spawn if they see a red name run up on their screen. :thumbup1:

S

Silver Shadow

no. shadow, i can assure u that FY is not allying up with any factions. Unlike the oath/com alliance.

Good for u if you took the coon. Were not the best on this shard for sure, but we raid consistently whether we have the numbers or not.
As i always said. I like FY. But some of the new members act as if they are elite, but die in 2 hits.

S

Silver Shadow

Definately Achilles. I always do the same.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

And with the exception of a few folks; we check spawns with stealther chars. It's kind of hard to get a group of trammy blues to finish a spawn if they see a red name run up on their screen. :thumbup1:

I'm not talking about 'how' you check. I'm just saying that we've not had a spawn raided in an age. So, whomever is on spawn duty when BiC is spawning is not doing a very good job.

L

longshanks

And 90% of the random SLs or COMs that are playing with us; give it a week. A lot of guys have come back or turned on accts that have been in other factions. They are all dropping them; but realize that it takes 3 days (72 hours) for the faction status to drop. Just so you guys know; if an orange is on our screen for more than 5 seconds; they are probably waiting to leave the faction. Otherwise; they would be dead. :thumbup1:
Your a stand up guy lox. Always have been. Thanks for the clarification.

L

longshanks

I'm not talking about 'how' you check. I'm just saying that we've not had a spawn raided in an age. So, whomever is on spawn duty when BiC is spawning is not doing a very good job.
You can always say u have the champ up in guild chat if u want a fight. We do that when we want a fight.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

If I wanted a fight like that, I'd do it in Despise. There's also something so lame about a fight that's 20 to 4, but whatevs.

Anyway, I'm almost never going to show up to anyone's spawn if they are announcing it, but if I find them working one, I'll screw with them every time.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one

cares

about

Chesapeake

=\
And what shard do you care about? U lost a 5v6 against M on GL (one of us was in stat). u had ur A-team + ender and we didnt have one death. Havent seen u boys since lol. I do feel honored you make me ur first target everytime i see you though.. I guess i've ruffled a few feathers over the years :p

O B L I V I O N

T

Turles

they are running around gl calling themselves the A-Team. wow nice to steal our emmies team name sadly they are not good enough to live up to OUR name huh

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that Turles paid a company $200 to make him an action figure to replicate his avatar.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
depends on when you do them as well. i run t2a couple times a day, and i've only had one bic encounter which was at ice east. but this shard is far from being locked down and i think we have a nice balance right now pvp wise. No big alliances really, the oath/com team can produce some big numbers, but so can some of the other guilds around. I'm pushing factions on FY and i think being as FoA seems to not care about chessy, we will fill minax. Be fun to see com/tb/sl and minax all fighting in the same spots. however it still remains to see who is gonna get stat'd up with me.

One thing i would like to see more of... and not so much from tb :)P ) is some more mages! jesus i havn't had a good 1 v 1 against a mage in eons. (tom and dabombpiny on your mystic weavers doesnt count! lol). anyone rocking a pure mage still these days?

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are running around gl calling themselves the A-Team. wow nice to steal our emmies team name sadly they are not good enough to live up to OUR name huh
No I called it their A-team, meaning their best members. minus solus which is prolly the worse player dont know how hes a GM of anything. but ecks was there, im pretty sure one of them was paith, EQ ive been told is melon flavor (correct me if im wrong issacc). Plus ender who's better then all of them cept maybe ecks... need to go back to the good ol FOA days.. come with numbers or dont come at all :p

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No I called it their A-team, meaning their best members. minus solus which is prolly the worse player dont know how hes a GM of anything. but ecks was there, im pretty sure one of them was paith, EQ ive been told is melon flavor (correct me if im wrong issacc). Plus ender who's better then all of them cept maybe ecks... need to go back to the good ol FOA days.. come with numbers or dont come at all :p
LOL that was like 2 months ago. Atlantic was , and is STILL our primary shard.

Dont forget, M HAD us in their guild until we QUIT because it was too zergy.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hey promathia remember when you xferred shards that one time and lost your blaze cu?

Also - side note:

I think thats the dog you lost?

R

Ransom_of_BiC

The alliance thing is just so stupid. Why does everyone ally with everyone else, and then try to run over the groups of 4-5 people? How much fun could it be to be doing a 10v5? It's far more fun to have a ton of small groups having a wtf-ownage session, at least, in my opinion.

The way you guys are going, it's gonna be the entire freaking shard allied, and then BiC, standing alone with the 6 of us. Only tram guilds had alliances when I left all those years ago. It's just strange to see people having other guilds 'protect' their spawns and what not.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

um yea? whats ur point? I said we havent seen you since, infering it had been awhileeee. Two months sounds about right. Most of M play on pac not GL and I came over with most of slips old guild from ATL. Maybe we should come back to ATL, I was sorely dissapointed with the lack of faction action on GL. Primarily blue or red guilds. As for speaking about guilds being too zergy you should abolish FOA. Even though FOA isnt a zerg now, theres not one pvper who doesnt remember how u mass recruited trammies and zerged the shard forever. :p just a thought

BIC, cant agree with you more. The one and only thing WOW has over UO is the fact that they have battlegrounds with even number fights constantly. So if you are a small guild, you will get zerged. I dealt with that forrr a longgg time. There's a noob called EQ who once told me winning is winning, and if he can't win with even numbers he'll keep bringing more till he can. I guess the brits lost their sense of honor and fair play. personally id rather lose hundred times even numbers then win everytime outnumbering the opposition

L

longshanks

You bring up some good points Jrede.

Rip Yelllow doggie. *sniff* He was a good boy... :sad2:

I know Solus is a big fat target and rightly so however prior to the FOA zerg,
Lox's guys ran a pretty big zerg and thought nothing of raiding groups of 4-5 people with their 15.

So what happens. Solus forms FOA, mass recruits (trammies? who cares) point is mass recruits and Lox has a hissy fit because he doesn't want to fight 12 greater dragons and leaves the shard...

Than u all leave the shard...

So months go by with virtually no faction interaction on chessy. Oath gets stronger and FY gets stronger.

Not good enough for OATH to have even fights so they bring in a bunch of COM trash from Sonoma. Now Lox comes back and you can see TB massing numbers by the day to combat this alliance.

And you guys can deny it all you want but many of you are playing in the dirty end of the pool, and you know what i mean by that...

So your all trying to zerg using every trick in the book. Point being noones looking for fair small fights.

The process is just repeating itself.

Agree with you BIC that small fights would be more enjoyable but noone is happy with that. They all want to run big, and claim eliteness.

The funny thing about this is that there's really no money to be made locking down fel anymore. Also all guilds are ripping off spawns in the off hours and early evenings so its pointless to run big numbers but i guess everyone would rather play on the Yankees than play for the Royals.

Sad really.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

It's just so much more fun when 'everyone' is the enemy, imo.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what happens. Solus forms FOA, mass recruits (trammies? who cares) point is mass recruits and Lox has a hissy fit because he doesn't want to fight 12 greater dragons and leaves the shard...
Well TBH; we never "left". All of our characters are still here (as you seen now). We just played more on Catskills. They might have zerged like FOA; but didn't use 800x dragons. Not to mention; at that time; dragon slayers didn't do 3x damage like they do now. We came back after that patch and won for a bit; then most of our emmys (Turles, Kengo, and I) took a break from UO for about 3 months.

And now we came back bc we thought the HUGE guild of BIC from back in the day would be around to fight and PVP and be running spawns like back in the day (And don't tell me you guys weren't big in the past Ransom. !C!, BiC, and later CIB were ALL HUGE); alas they don't. They seem to be on earlier then we play; and we get stuck fighting COM kids at the gate bc they refuse to spawn or raid our spawns/harrys. SOO! We are once again getting more characters ready for transfer for the slowness of pvp. We will still be around and primary on Chessy; but don't expect us to be around nearly as much unless some guys start doing more "Fel" things. :thumbup1:

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We (BiC) were huge back in the day. At one point, we were the number 1 guild on Chessy. However, that was a long time and several games ago. Only our core group has come back and it was more of a nostalgia thing than anything else to begin with. We're having a good time, so we've stuck around. However, much of the mechanics have changed and we're still re-learning. Also, a lot of things have changed in our personal lives over the 6 years since we've been gone. We're simply busier than we used to be. At this point with only around 10 of us playing, and playing very part time, good luck trying to predict what will happen.

None of us made claims that we were back in force to take over the shard, that was never who we were before and certainly isn't now. Yes, we spawn when we have a group on. (Evidenced by the ridiculous chest full of scrolls waiting for me to file them). Yes, we will continue to. If you roll in with your crew of 20 to raid our group of 4, we're going to fight you and die over and over. It is what it is.

More on topic, it's laughable how many people from the guilds mentioned in this thread have made ridiculous comments to us (join us or die, form an alliance with us or die). So, following your logic, you want everyone to join you. If everyone joins you, or you form alliances with everyone, who the hell you gonna fight? I'd rather sit on the integrity of 'doing it on our own' and die to the zerg than join the stupidity.

T

Turles

if everyone wants to fight even numbers we have np with that. id love to set up a 2vs 2 or 3 vs 3 or even 4 vs 4 tournament. maybe we can get demon to let us use his arena. every pvp guild can get a few teams together n we can see who comes out on top. im all for it hope to hear what you guys think. no zerg then just skill.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if everyone wants to fight even numbers we have np with that. id love to set up a 2vs 2 or 3 vs 3 or even 4 vs 4 tournament. maybe we can get demon to let us use his arena. every pvp guild can get a few teams together n we can see who comes out on top. im all for it hope to hear what you guys think. no zerg then just skill.
For sure. Obviously with certain rules like no tamers ;]

V

Vortimer

I'm not into 2v2s/3v3s etc anymore..... Just isn't really as much competition anymore to matter.

Fights over spawns and harrowers where you win something are the ones that matter

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes longshanks ROT was huge at one point. I remember countless times me and a friend of mine john doe doing spawns and getting raided by like 10+. Im sure we've all dealt with our share of zergs in the past. However, lox is a cool person and I'll prolly get an infraction for what i think of issacc and his crew's claims of unjustified godliness. so i wont say nemore on that topic :p

As for COM they are just ridiculous. Three seperate guilds all allied plus fighting with OATH.. They obviously dont want to fight. SL and minax are pretty much vacant, the guilds could split if they wanted to and get some fourway faction fights. And I cant even remember the last time there was a good harry fight with four different factions and blues and reds raiding. I miss the five hour fights with countless stat times given out to everyone. Whatever happened to popping a harry and not killing it? keeping it up all night for fights? ****tt round up everyone, ill give you a white skull and just leave it up to fight all night. Of course I need to get a crew here again, seeing as though my other crews wont come to chessy.. Im solo :( lol

O B L I V I O N

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Me and the folks I do spawns with occasionally can testify to this, couple of your stealth archers showed up (one go revealed by a wither) and kept us busy chasing them down till more of you rolled into wipe the 4 of us up...

I know myself I'm not a PvPer, never have been probably never will be. It just doesn't well fit my idea of a good time, I do like scrolls though so me and some friends go, and I will attempt to defend myself and back them up if the need arises. It's all fun and games and I feel the idea of "Risk vs Reward" is totally bogus, the most I loose I didn't have to start with is some insurance gold (which I keep plenty of) which I replace 5 times over either at the next spawn that doesn't get raided, or from PvM in Tram or the Abyss, or from selling scrolls I do manage to get, loot drops from the Abyss, or from crafting. It's not a big deal, it comes with the territory but calling it a "Risk"? nah it's not a risk I still come out ahead of the game over 80% of the time.