• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Fuzzy vs Clear. or I need new glasses (pics)

M

meridus

Don't know what to say, other than the pics speak for themselves. (On a better note the SA radar map is pure win.)

SA

KR

SA

KR

SA

KR

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm no expert, far from it, but it appears to me that the graphics are optimised for viewing at a specific range of zoom, closer or further quality is lost. At around the same zoom as 2D and a couple of notches either side all is much clearer.

I *think* GrimmOmen said something about the reasoning behind it on the thread he made in UHall, but a lot of what he said went straight over my poor head, so I'm not too sure.

F

Fink

I *think* GrimmOmen said something about the reasoning behind it on the thread he made in UHall, but a lot of what he said went straight over my poor head, so I'm not too sure.
Basically to suit lower spec machines.

The argument was one of stability/performance but I've never had the issues cited by many & my computer is years behind the current technology. I'd really like the higher-res art. I can't see the point in zooming into something when all it's doing is making bigger pixels.

S

Spogfrawn

I totally agree. I feel as though I was promised a beautiful diamond and when I unwrapped it all I got was a piece of mouldy cheese.

Give us a choice! Let your customer decide if he/she wants hi res graphics or turn them off!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm no expert, far from it, but it appears to me that the graphics are optimised for viewing at a specific range of zoom, closer or further quality is lost. At around the same zoom as 2D and a couple of notches either side all is much clearer.

And if you look at the pictures by the OP, they are far more magnified for the SA Client than for the KR Client.

I'd really like the higher-res art. I can't see the point in zooming into something when all it's doing is making bigger pixels.
I agree with the pointlessness of zooming in to just see bigger pixels. So why do people do that and then come here comparing two pictures that are at different levels of magnification? :)

I do not agree with the Higher-Res Art.

At a high level, who wouldn't want the higher res as long as there was no cost/penalties?

I set my game play screen to a zoom level (aka field of view) that gives me the functionality I am looking for. The Quality of the graphics is .... mostly unimportant. I say mostly because I would not want things to be two colors Black or White, 5 Pixel Mobes etc. In short there is a *Cough* minimum standard I have :(