• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Furniture Dye Tub

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has it ever been requested to be able to dye furniture that is locked down in our own homes? I have gained the urge to change the color/theme of one of my homes and the containers are well... heavy and I want to undye them and it wants me to have it in my backpack. I guess they took it away from us to keep from griefing people, but if they made it only for home/co-owners to do this would be great! Some items took a long time to get into their spots and dying from a distance would be nice also. I had no issues dying a pile of pillows in a corner but that was with the special and regular dye tub of course.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can, I just double checked. I actually have two furniture dye tubs, one that I keep locked down with all the rest of my tubs and one that I can carry around in my pack whenever I am changing a color scheme in my house. Have the dye tub in your backpack, double click on it and target the piece of furniture which is locked down.

I just colored a secured chest that way just to make sure.

edit: Around Christmas time I dye all of the furniture in my houses red and green. It goes pretty quick.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yup. Totally can. Allows you to change up decor if you want.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got the message that "it must be in your backpack to dye it" and now I can't remember what it was! ah well. I have matching furniture now! (at least in UO) :)