[Mysticism] Fun Mystic Template

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2006
Great Lakes
I created a Mystic Ninja as a derivation of the Mage Ninja template, and I have to tell you it works well.

Mysticism 120
Focus 120
Ninjitsu 120
Hiding 100
Stealth 80
Fencing 120
Chiv 70ish

Stats:
Str 100
Dex 50
Int 100

I use an Assassin spike with SC and SSI due to spikes having the shadowstrike and infectious strike specials. Being human allows a slight boost to mana regen and the use JoaT Spellweaving. Can add hit spell to the spike with enchant (lasts for a couple minutes or until disarmed) and also use deathstrike.

G

gjohnson5

I created a Mystic Ninja as a derivation of the Mage Ninja template, and I have to tell you it works well.

Mysticism 120
Focus 120
Ninjitsu 120
Hiding 100
Stealth 80
Fencing 120
Chiv 70ish

Stats:
Str 100
Dex 50
Int 100

I use an Assassin spike with SC and SSI due to spikes having the shadowstrike and infectious strike specials. Being human allows a slight boost to mana regen and the use JoaT Spellweaving. Can add hit spell to the spike with enchant (lasts for a couple minutes or until disarmed) and also use deathstrike.
You template doesn't have poisoning...

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2006
Great Lakes
100% LRC
40% LMC
60% DCI
30% HCI
12% SDI
6 MR

3/3 FC/FCR w/ weapon equipped
(3 FC is 1 too many due to Mysticism restricting FC for Chiv like Magery does)

70/70/67/69/70

Wearing (nonfaction):
Armor of Fortune
Kasa of Ra-jin
Orni
Totem of the Void
Crimmy
Quiver of Infinity
Conjurer's Garb
Leggings of Fey (human)
Neck, Arms, Hands, ring (+12 ninjitsu) imbued pieces
also have an Arcane Shield but generally don't equip (not included in stats above)

also throw on a scapper sometimes in PVM for the added SDI

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2006
Great Lakes
You template doesn't have poisoning...
Good observation; however, you don't need poisoning to inflict lesser poison with a weapon (try it). Lesser poison is more effective at disrupting mages any way; quicker tic.

Also, Ninjitsu allows you to inflict up to deadly poison with fukiya darts and shuriken without the poisoning skill.

G

gjohnson5

Good observation; however, you don't need poisoning to inflict lesser poison with a weapon (try it). Lesser poison is more effective at disrupting mages any way; quicker tic.

Also, Ninjitsu allows you to inflict up to deadly poison with fukiya darts and shuriken without the poisoning skill.
What you speak about has little to no use.... Why would use infecting just to do lesser poison? A normal hit would disrupt them anyway.

I'm going to stone poisoning and see if shuriken can deadly poison without poisoning. Last I tested it , you needed DP's shurikens and 80 poisoning skill to get the full effect.... But this was years ago

C

Capt.E

It is true. Stars and darts depend on ninjitsu not poisoning. Furthermore, I haven't seen anyone lose a tic to poison in a long time. It just makes healing one step away, so it really doesn't matter if it is lesser or greater IMHO. I like the temp.

The major limitations I'm seeing right now would be creating the suit. It looks like your basically using a Mage suit.

What are your armor ignores hitting for? Deathstrikes?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
With neither Tactics nor Anatomy you will do little damage with your Assassin Spike. You sure can annoy people with that template in PvP, but I doubt that you can kill anyone with it.

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2006
Great Lakes
In all fairness I said fun, not super duper uber. Mysticism spells are really too slow to be terribly useful in solo PvP. With the right tactics though, Rising Colossus and Nether Cyclone, not to mention purge magic, can be effective.

C

Capt.E

I tried the temp out on TC. It's pretty sweet. I made some changes.

Suit. I used spirit of totem and stormgrips. I put sdi on ring at 12. And running cloak of death. I made it to 2/6 casting. 34 lmc 100 lrc and 68 dci/45 hci. 15 sdi. 6 mr.

Skills. I dropped chiv. Put 90 tactics on with 110 real ninjit and +10 ninjit on bracer.

N

NickyDishes

Suit. I used spirit of totem and stormgrips. I put sdi on ring at 12. And running cloak of death. I made it to 2/6 casting. 34 lmc 100 lrc and 68 dci/45 hci. 15 sdi. 6 mr.

Skills. I dropped chiv. Put 90 tactics on with 110 real ninjit and +10 ninjit on bracer.
i agree chiv is useless in a temp like that.....tactics and specials will benefit you way more

C

Cloak&Dagger

How did you manage to do that with only the changes you posted? you dropped chiv, giving you +70 and took away 10 ninja giving you +80, but you added 90 tactics leaving you at -10 skill points? actually, his template is -10 to start with so you would be at -20? basically you have 20 skill points to many, assuming you used the same numbers he did.

G

gjohnson5

How did you manage to do that with only the changes you posted? you dropped chiv, giving you +70 and took away 10 ninja giving you +80, but you added 90 tactics leaving you at -10 skill points? actually, his template is -10 to start with so you would be at -20? basically you have 20 skill points to many, assuming you used the same numbers he did.
You dont....
The mistake was easily noticeable. But personally I would not run this without magic resistance either. This template doesn't have alot of melee killing power and will be magic poisoned/paralyzed at will. This template's ability to cast mysticism spells will be heavily reduced. IMHO not a good template and probably wasn't "tested" much

C

Capt.E

I said I dropped chiv, not replaced it. Have you tried the template? The best I could do was +10 and still have those mods.

I tried a number of different combinations of gear.

Have a good one.

C

Capt.E

....and I don't remember the last time I saw a dexxer with resist.

And the temp has stealth.

M

miss uo

This tempalte has ninjitsu and fencing. He has no tactics which means no specials except infecting and shadow strike.... I wouldn't call this a dexxer template at all considering he's got 50 dex...

The main weapon of this template is clearly mysticism + focus

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2006
Great Lakes
The operative word being 'fun'. Resisting spells is not what I consider a fun skill ... 'oh yeah I soooo resisted that curse. sweet!'

Also how many ninjas carry resisting spells and parry? Toe-to-toe is not really a ninja's style.