• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Full-Screen Game Problem

HeatherM

Visitor
Whenever I try to open the game (2D Client) in Full Screen Mode, the game minimizes and I cant get access back into it. The only way to fix it is to force-close the game and re-log-in and hit ALT+Enter before the game loads. I have never had a problem before and nothing has changed with my computer. Does anyone else have this problem? Or know how to fix it?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
windows10 is pretty strange with fullscreen in 2d, if you use win10.. i think there are no real solutions atm, apart from not running fullscreen.

Leprechaun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was running Win. 10 and CC with no problem.

Set up is:

Use GDI in full screen mode

Use Full screen display

Full Screen Res. 800x600

Game Play Window size 640x480

This same problem just started for me.

I load the game, enter password, pick shard, character, and boom UO crashes.

Reload game and it comes up in windows mode. ( I then open paper doll and change to full screen and all runs fine.)

This does not happen every log in usually just when it has been awhile since last log in.

Could it be something in the new publish?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I play Windows 10 and CC full screen. Rarely it defaults and I need to check full screen again in the game options but not very often. I assume there are some Windows 10 settings that need adjustment. The only thing I notice in a quick look is I have Disable display scaling checked when I right click on the UO desktop icon and check properties.