• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Full Screen 2D black bars

• Thread starter Grez'xune
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Grez'xune

I have a major issue that has been bothering me for about a week now. When I attempt to use the full screen option in the 2D client, first off I do get the flickering which seems to be a pretty common problem. Also, I get these two black bars on each side of my screen about two inches thick. This is not because my resolution is too low on either the game itself or my laptop, because I have checked this and played with it many times. I reinstalled the game, and it did nothing for my issue. I am running on Windows 7 64-bit with an Nvidia geforce 360M graphics card with an i7 proecessor. My resolution is 1080p and should easily be able to handle this and am becoming very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am fed up with this and cannot find anything about it on the net.

*Edit* my uncle plays with the same operating system with 1080p on a larger screen than I do and he has no problems.

Thanks in advance!

B

Babble

For the flickering try win xp compatible mode when starting UO.
Rightclick the icon under options or so

No idea for the bar, works for me, but I run in a lower resolution

B

Beer_Cayse

I always flipped my resolution to 1024x768 when playing the 2D client.

G

Grez'xune

beer, did that solve issues for you in full screen? ill try that resolution

G

Grez'xune

if i go to 1024x768 i get the black bars everywhere, its just too low for my screen

B

Babble

Running 1920x1200 resolution and fullscreen is working too

The bars on the side are puzzling as if the game wants to set you on a 4:3 screen or so?

G

Grez'xune

im not sure, but if so do you know how to disable that or check if thats whats happening?

B

Babble

No sorry no idea, might be resolution related or the graphic cards forcing it.

B

Babble

Have you tried chaning the resolution of the laptop to see if it changes anything?