• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Fukiya and shuriken hit chances

D

DesoE

Hello. I'm new here and in Ultima Online. I waned to ask you, from what skills and item bonuses cdepends chance to hit with fukiya/shuriken ?
I have found some info here on this forum, but it was from 2004 yr, it sais:
" Short Answer: You can get by with 100 attack skill but 120 is better. If you go with 100 you really need 45% HCI to have much of a chance to hit a well defended char (45% DCI, parry, 120 weapon skill).

Longer answer: The chance to hit with a weapon (like stars/darts) is based on several factors: your attack skill (ninjitsu), their defense skill, your HCI, their DCI, do they have parry?, etc. In general the the difference between 100 attack skill and 120 attack skill will result in somewhere between a 5% to 8% change in your chance to hit. By contrast the difference between having 0% HCI and 45% HCI will result in somewhere between a 12% to 22% increase in your chance to hit. (Check on the stratics combat calulator to test actual numbers.) "

Is this info actual, or maybe something has changed ? Thanks to all ninjas for answers.

C

Connor_Graham

That information is still accurate as far as I know.

D

DesoE

Thank you. Any other ninjas ? Cause someone told me, that chance to hit is only affect by my ninjitsu level and no additional factors. He also said, that with 120% ninjitsu skill my chance to hit with fukiya/shuriken will be 100%. It looks nice, every shot lands a deadly poison on victim :]
But if that what is in my first post is correct, then that person was lying and shuriken is not so good unless I have good HCI :)

S

Sir Kenga

I'm interested too and gonna try as soon as i find some surikens and belt. i have 120 ninja.

S

Sir Kenga

Ok i bought a belt with 10 charges and went to hunt lesser hiruyas and elite ninjas. I had 120 ninjutsu and 24 HCI. I successfully thrown 8 stars, and missed with 2 stars.

C

Connor_Graham

Ok i bought a belt with 10 charges and went to hunt lesser hiruyas and elite ninjas. I had 120 ninjutsu and 24 HCI. I successfully thrown 8 stars, and missed with 2 stars.
That sounds about right as far as the formula goes.

T

Turdnugget

I don't think HCI has anything to do with it... I'm pretty sure it's just your ninja skill. I had 100 ninja and 30+ HCI but didn't hit nearly as often as I thought it would. With 120 ninja... a BIG difference. Rarely would I miss unless the person had parry, bushi or really high DCI. 120 is definately better than 100.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. Any other ninjas ? Cause someone told me, that chance to hit is only affect by my ninjitsu level and no additional factors. He also said, that with 120% ninjitsu skill my chance to hit with fukiya/shuriken will be 100%. It looks nice, every shot lands a deadly poison on victim :]
But if that what is in my first post is correct, then that person was lying and shuriken is not so good unless I have good HCI :)
I've wondered this a lot.. and cannot find an answer either.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a ninja/ theif/ stelther and I used the shirkins with dp a while ago. since this post I tried again ( only once waiting on stat loss) anyway I need to find a better "balanced bow" seems I threw all mine away after the invasions started giving me better mods than I had. not sure If ill go all the way on ninjitsu, I have 92 and some change now plus a ring to take me up over 100. but Ive never been able to really play this guy as a ninja since the nerf. Not sure how you guys play it but Im only seeing the benefits of animal form ( kirin with stam regen kicks in fel) shadow jump and the shirkins. what else are you guys useing ninja for? Maybe I can learn something I should have been doing.

Ohh sorry, with the dp shirks Im hitting about every other with 100 ninj.( all vs pvpers) Seems to me though that greater cure , is all they need to get over it, makes it not as attractive to me as it used to be.

G

GFY

If your using a fast enough bow a mage will have a hard time casting greater cure without protection on.