• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frost Dragons

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Have we started a conversation about Frost Dragons yet?

i came looking for one, went back a couple pages and didnt see anything.
anyone else curious about them?

i went out last night and did a Level 7 map and pulled 3.
so far from what i can tell either you get a nice big one or you get one that is under max.
what i mean is the HP are either 1000 or its something under.
1000 seems to be where they capped them, anyone else seeing this?

im just gonna head over to the animal wiki thing to see what is up there about them, ill also post a pic i made, has the 3 shades of ones i snagged last night and a pic i stole from a fellow Sonomian (@Cinderella ) and the hunt PAS did the other night.
so from what i can see we are looking around 7 different shades so far, im almost thinking they are gonna be like the SA Blue Bone Armor and there is gonna be like 100 different shades of blue with these guys.

i have a couple more level 7 T-maps and hope to do a couple more over this weekend, ill update as i go.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have looked at a lot of Frost's and not seen anything over 1000 yet. I like them better than the GD for output.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are good tanks. I think they follow GD templates, so 1000HP would be harder to find. I love the colors.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They are good tanks. I think they follow GD templates, so 1000HP would be harder to find. I love the colors.
Strangely enough the 1000 hp are not that hard to find.. finding those hp's with higher resists has been though.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a thread made in April:
The big thread of FROST DRAGONS

Frost Dragons are basically just Greater Dragons, with 50% Cold damage and higher Cold/lower Fire Resist. Getting a high rating Frost Dragon will be much harder than getting a high rating GD, due to how they spawn. A leveled WW should be able to out damage even a high rated GD or FD, due to 760 STR (overcap), 150 Stam (hitting the swing speed cap for creatures, which GDs/FDs can't), and capacity to learn new Magical Abilities (such as Magery Mastery), Special Abilities (wouldn't recommend any of these for a WW), Special Moves (such as Armor Ignore) or Area Effect abilities (wouldn't recommend any of these for a WW).

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Frost Dragons are also able to get higher Physical Resist than GDs. But once again, that comes at the cost of Fire Resist.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya so with HP im guessing that any FD over 2000 HP pre-tame just drops down post-tame to the 1000 cap.
anything under 2000 HP pre-tame will of course loose half its number and be below 1000.

so far from what im seeing 80% of the Frost Dragons are hitting the 1000 HP mark.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have a nice GD tank fully trained, but thinking of retiring him in favor of a frost dragon. Especially since my Main is a t-hunter, just fits.

What about the cousins, frost drakes?

Sent from mTalk

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Cold Drakes can be trained up, so you can add hit point regen & mana regen if you wished
I haven't trained up any of them yet
giving it a few days so I don't mess up on them lol

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So far I have only seen one with 884 hit points, all others have been 1000

the highest resists I have seen so far:
(mine has 90% physical 89% cold)
(guild member: 89% physical, 90% cold)

I'm thinking these would be good if you are going against something that needs cold damage

love the awesome colors

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Also when pulling up the chests, make sure you loot everything and go slowly
you can get more to spawn that way

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried to take a picture of whatever I've tamed. But there were two batches I missed and got lazy on. Apologies if duplicates, use it as rarity factor lol.

Rough Types:

Attachments

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smooth Types:

Attachments

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you for posting these Zynia! Its helped in my collecting of them. In fact, I went back and got two more off your vendor (and that drake) after the two I got from you in luna yesterday.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anytime, will post more as tamed. I wanna see the hues all lined up so bad lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a really light colored one on GLs don't know what it looks like in the CC though...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here's our collection so far (missing 2 that I haven't screenshot yet). The EC on top with the same dragon in CC below it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's our collection so far (missing 2 that I haven't screenshot yet). The EC on top with the same dragon in CC below it.

Very nice collection! Any sense yet if any of them are more rare hues?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice wish you could get a color ID on those...

I think mine is the same as one of yours but not sure now.

Frost Dragon.png