From the Shadows of Legend's History. Posted: June 25, 2000

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Again thanks to *zigzag* this is from the Legend's news archives.

Ug Hummies!

This is Ith'unk, Orc Reporter, here for UOSS Legends sports! It was an exciting night in the Jhelom fighting pits. Let's go to our play by play account from Janis: <blockquote> "This is Janis, a whisperer from the shadows of Sosaria reporting on last night's Fight Tournament.

"KRT, KTL, APC, FoN, and WDI are the guilds that showed up for the Fight Tournament held in Jhelom's Fighting Pit. A total of 23 people showed, excluding wandering patrons outside the pit. I myself personally took to the edge of the arena to catch the best view.

"In the first bout, Beowulf died cowardly to his opponent Pampero Furpo, who used a tactical approach with his magery. In a determined rematch, Beowulf died yet again to his adversary.

"Darren Darkmir bravely fought against Justamule... and bravely died as a result of Justamule overwhelming force. It was a very quick match.

"Xavier Rhoads, using his trusted magic sword, valiantly attacked Red Eminem, the mounted archer. The fight got a little carried away at one point, as a stray arrow struck a wandering patron outside the pit, mortally wounding him. After a long, furious battle, the victor proved to be Xavier Rhoads.

"The floor of the pit shook violently as two major opponents collided on the battle field, Warlord Oddball and Ganjaman. Sword rang against sword as these opponents squared off. The fight was so intense, that I had to back away from the protected barricades. In the end, Warlord Oddball yielded to Ganjaman's might.

"The first battle of the second round started like a flash of lightning, as the dexterous Xavier Rhoads wielded his weapon like a music conductor's baton. Justamule was taking a severe beating by his opponent until swift death from forged steel gave him rest.

"The next fight was between Pampero Furpo, the mage, and Ganjaman, the knight. The battle was intense. The two horsemen bucked furiously around the pit, one wielding magic, and the other, a weapon. Alas, Ganjaman's might proved once again to be the victor over the Pampero Furpo's magic.

"In the final round, Ganjaman started using a poisoned weapon to give him the first edge of fight against Xavier Rhoads. Xavier called foul about Ganjaman using a poisoned weapon. He asked the crowd for a poison weapon for himself, but it did little good. After a long and tiring battle, Ganjaman Defeated Xavier Rhoads and, thus, won the Fight Tournament.

"The battle between Xavier Rhoads and Ganjaman just so happened to be so long that the crowd itself was becoming restless and started fighting one another. However, the Fight Tournament ended on good terms and everyone shook hands for a good match. Sadly, I heard no gold pieces dropped during the entire match." </blockquote> We don't pay our sports reporters here at UOSS Legends, so dropped spare change is the only way poor Janis can make a living. At least I get all the birds I can eat. Let me congratulate Ganjaman on his victory.

Praise Minax!

Rhoads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
OMG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a long long time ago. I remember that tourney. If he didn't have that poison sword I'd have had him. hehe

G

When I had the opportunity to review some old news from Legends (thanks again to zigzag), I knew this was the right one to post. Rhoads has a big history here = )

Rhoads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
ahhhhhhhhhhhh :::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::

G

for some reason I Also remeber rhoads have an amazing suit jacket in his pic that was from the early 90's

G

sir dont forget about rhoads kimono ( sp ) he was don johnson hot.

Rhoads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
ROFL You guys remember the suit jacket picture lol. Hey that was not a kimono it was a chinese ghia. lol I still have that ghia picture up on my myspace page lol.

G

I used to be scared of Rhoads!! But it turned out he was a nice guy when he wasn't killing people!! lolo Love You Xavier!!!

M

Maximinus Thrax

Someone pm me when we're to have another one of these tournaments!

Rhoads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Hey I was nice when I was killing people too. I wasn't known for res killing...... well at least not unless I was res killed.